• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iron Power!! (OU RMT)

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Hehe. Sorry for the bad title. Yeah, I know it sucks. Anyway, I welcome you to my 5th... or 6th RMT aimed for the OU tier. Now, this team is not based around a weather effect like my Sandstorm or Trick Room teams. It is aimed to work around one of my favorite pokemon, Metagross. I got a shiny Beldum yesterday, and I really want to use it in competitive battling, so I made a team to use it properly. Here it goes:

Iron Power!
Overused Tier RMT

142.jpg

The Lead

Aerodactly @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly nature
EV's: 252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
Moveset:
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Classic Aerodactyl Lead. I need a Lead that can shut slower leads and set Stealth Rock, which Metagross appreciates. Taunt shuts Swampert and Hippo leads, as well as prevents Ninjask leads from passing speed and attack boosts.

376.jpg

The PowerHouse

Metagross @ Life Orb
Clear Body
Adamant nature
EV's: 252 Atk/ 132 Spe/ 112 HP/ 12 Def
Moveset:
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

Metagross, the Iron Leg pokemon, and the main pokemon of the team. After Metagross performs an Agility, it basically outruns everything, and does massive damage to pokemon. Earthquake KOes Electric and the deadly Fire Types that wish to KO Metagross. Meteor Mash gets STAB and hits many things for neutral damage. Ice Punch eliminates the threat of Gliscor, which normally sets up in Metagross's face, resisting Meteor Mash and ignoring Earthquake.

380.jpg

The Iron Assistant

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest nature
EV's: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Moveset:
- Draco Meteor
- HP Fire
- Surf
- Shadow Ball

Quite unusual moveset, wouldn't you say? Well, it fits Metagross's necessity to survive. Firstly, any Heatran or Infernape ready to take down Metagross will weep when I switch Latias, who resists Special Fire attacks and doesn't mind getting burned. After that happens, Latias will laugh in their face, KOing both with an incoming Surf. Kindgra is destroyed by a fearful STAB Draco Meteor. DDGyara is also taken out from the "Menace List" as Latias catches up in an incoming Earthquake and KOes with Thunderbolt. Finally, Rotom, Metagross's archenemy, is dealt with a faster Shadow Ball.

286.jpg

The Steel Assistant

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Adamant nature
EV's: 252 Atk/ 212 Spe/ 44 HP
Moveset:
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Well, along with those pokemon that threat Metagross, there's bulky waters, which Latias can't handle; specially Crocune. Breloom resists Surf and HP Electric and easily makes it sleep with Spore. Seed Bomb is the main attacking move to destroy bulky waters, and Focus Punch is another realiable STAB move to deal neutral damage on what resists Grass. Substitute lets Breloom set up some nice Focus Punches as well as hitting hard from the safe side.

479.jpg

The Scizor Counter

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Levitate
Bold nature
EV's: 252 HP/ 168 Def/ 88 Spe
Moveset:
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Discharge
- Will-o-Wisp

Hehe, sorry. I couldn't find a Rotom-H picture from the same site I got these pictures. Anyway... When I was making this team, I tried to make it resistant to most OU threats. One threat, that eliminates 5/6 pokemon of the team, is Scizor. Gladly, with Rotom-H, there's nothing to fear. It resists Bullet Punch, Bug Bite/U-turn, is immune to Superpower and attacks first than its Night Slash. Overheat simply destroys Scizor, while Shadow Balla and Discharge are reliable STABs, and Will-o-Wisp destroys physical sweepers.

242.jpg

The Healer

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm nature
EV's: 252 Def/ 232 SpD/ 24 HP
Moveset:
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

My special wall, with an awesome set. Blissey keeps Metagross healthy (HP) and without status problems, as well as the rest of the team. Seismic Toss does more damage than a normal attack would do, and Toxic destroys other walls as well.​

Thank you! Please comment and rate the team!
I am willing to change anything in the team (moves, items, sets, natures, pokemons) EXCEPT METAGROSS.

Last edited:

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Threat List

~~ Keys ~~
Green: Not a problem.
Yellow: Sometimes a pain in the ***, but it can be dealt.
Red: Causes problems, rarely walled or stopped.

~~~ OU Threat List ~~~

;212; CB Scizor - Easily walled by Rotom-H once it is trapped in Bullet Punch. It either roasted with Overheat or crippled with Will-o-Wisp.
;212; SD Scizor - Hardly walled at all. I can try burning it but if it gains too much stat, Rotom-H is dead, as well as the rest of my team.
;380; Scarf/Specs Latias - Walled by Blissey or KOed by my Latias if she is Tricking her item.
;376; BandGross/AgiliGross - Both are walled by my Rotom-H, KOing both with its Overheat, or if my Metagross is already set, it KOes both with Earthquake.
;373; DDMence/MixMence - When Metagross is set up, it KOes both with a fierce Ice Punch. However, if any carries a Yache berry, Latias can revenge with Draco Meteor.
;130; Bulky Gyara/DDGyara - Both are walled by Rotom-H, and KOed with Discharge. End of the discussion.
;149; Dragonite *All Sets* - When Metagross is set, Dragonite is dead, as my Metagross carries Ice Punch. However, Latias can also come in and fire away some meteors. However, Latias must be careful on switches, although she can come in an Earthquake or Fire Blast.
;245; Blissey *All Stall Sets* - Breloom can Substitute in her face to avoid status and pack STAB Focus Punches at her.
;485; LO Heatran/ScarfTran/Torment Tran - All are destroyed by Metagross with an Agility boost and an Earthquake, or by a Surf from Latias. As easy as that.
;485; Shuca Heatran - Damn this one. Metagross can't beat it, so Latias must come and take over. Also, it is walled by Blissey.
;448; SD Lucario - After Metagross has gained +2 in Speed, it just Earthquakes it to death. If Metagross by gone my then, Rotom-H can attempt to KO it with a super-effective Overheat.

*More Threats Coming Soon*

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Rock slide is generally used over stone edge on lead dactyl. Why not trick on latias and no HP fire? Heh. Noticed how you put aromatherapy and wish on bliss before.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Rock slide is generally used over stone edge on lead dactyl. Why not trick on latias and no HP fire? Heh. Noticed how you put aromatherapy and wish on bliss before.

Well, I guess I can test out those changes.
And yeah, I made my own set with Wish and Aromatherapy, but then Shoddy told me it was an illegal set , so I was like, "Crap.."

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Try using Heal Bell, that's legal with Wish.

Well, I guess I can test out those changes.
And yeah, I made my own set with Wish and Aromatherapy, but then Shoddy told me it was an illegal set , so I was like, "Crap.."

Question: Why is Wish illegal? Forgive me, but I am new to competitive battling.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Well, I don't really know.
But what I think, is that Blissey can't have those 2 egg moves because it would be to powerful or something like that. By illegal, we mean that it's impossible to have a Blissey with Wish and Aromatherapy on the same set, unless you use a cheat device.
_______

I have tested the following changes:
- HP Fire on Latias.
- Trick on Latias.
- Heal Bell on Blissey.
- Rock Slide on Aerodactyl.

The following changes are accepted:
- HP Fire on Latias.
- Heal Bell on Blissey.

Trick on Latias is still being tested.

Last edited:
Well, I don't really know.
But what I think, is that Blissey can't have those 2 egg moves because it would be to powerful or something like that. By illegal, we mean that it's impossible to have a Blissey with Wish and Aromatherapy on the same set, unless you use a cheat device.
_______

I have tested the following changes:
- HP Fire on Latias.
- Trick on Latias.
- Heal Bell on Blissey.

The following changes are accepted:
- HP Fire on Latias.
- Heal Bell on Blissey.

Trick on Latias is still being tested.

Oh, gotcha.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Wish was a bonus event move a giveaway Chansey / Blissey got sometime back, and Aromatherapy is an egg move. Heal Bell is a tutor move in HG/SS, and can be combined with Wish that way.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Well, yeah you can. I've bred pokemon with 2 egg moves. There are things I don't fully understand about breeding, but please. There's a help thread for that. Please stay on topic.

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII

No. Hidden Power is disgusting on a Choice Scarfed Latias and in my opinion in Latias in general.

Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Surf
Trick

Stay with standard.

;107;

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Alright. Sounds better for me, though I'm still having problems with SD Scizor and countering SD Lucario after Metagross's dead. Any suggestions?

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Alright. Sounds better for me, though I'm still having problems with SD Scizor and countering SD Lucario after Metagross's dead. Any suggestions?

Why? Forgive me if this comment is outdated, I haven't been in this game in awhile, but Rotom- H is supposed to be a significant counter to both of those Pokemon. I suppose you could use Zapdos in place of Rotom-H, counters both and has access to a healing move, but the standard set still takes about 80% from crunch, and I'm not positive if that calc has stealth rock factored in, damage calculator :/

This set can outspeed Luke and you could use heat wave to score a KO, switch in on the SD and Heat Wave as he ESpeeds, as you only take 64% maximum from it.

Zapdos@Leftovers
Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/ 84 DEF/ 176 Speed
~Roost
~Heat Wave
~Thunderbolt
~Reflect/Light Screen/ HP Grass/ HP Ice, etc...

Its a gamble, as you have to sacrifice quite a bit of defence to outspeed Luke, but I suppose it could work.

I would drop Shadow Ball on Latias for Trick. Draco Meteor easily outdamages Shadow Ball literally against every pokemon in the game. Even at -2 Draco Meteor hits with about 70% the power of a super effective Shadow Ball.

Trick on the other hand will eliminate Blissey switch ins and help you deal with that rat ******* Suicune.

If you are paranoid about Tricking early on and losing Latias as a revenge killer you can also try HP Fire.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
If I were you, I would replace Discharge with Thunderbolt on Rotom-H.The higher base power is more helpful than the higher paralysis rate, since you're already statusing your opponent with WoW. Plus, TB is much more threatening to Gyarados.

But Discharge will permanently ruin pokemon like Zapdos, Latias and Heatran.

What does Thunderbolt actually KO that Discharge won't?