• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iron Wok Jan

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Anyone else read this? I swear, it makes me hungry. I'd love to try some of the recipies in it (read: SOME. I don't think I could stomach salamander or deer tendons).

i read some of it and it is a good series. I tried getting Blue KiKatana into this but he can't find it anywhere. I believe it's about 30 something volumes long. hard to find though even though its still contiuing in US.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
30 volumes long? Wow.

And yeah, it's pretty hard to find. I was stalled out at volume 10 for a while because I couldn't find anyone who sold past that.

I really like this anime, even though i've only seen one issue. i picked up issue 2 at my library. I would also like to try some of those recipes. also, Jan is such a badass. The mushroom thingy was genius!

I really like this anime, even though i've only seen one issue. i picked up issue 2 at my library. I would also like to try some of those recipes. also, Jan is such a badass. The mushroom thingy was genius!

there is no anime to this series, just a manga :)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
There *should* be an anime, though. It would be great.

most food based or realted manga series don't usually make it to anime. To me they stick better as a manga. Another food manga that's cool is called Curry Addict. I love that one.

true, i cant even find it on wikipedia, so it's not very well known. that doesnt stop it from owning, though...

KyonKyon

Gust of Wind
reminds me of great cooking boy

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What's Great Cooking Boy?

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I've read up to volume 7 of Iron Wok Jan. It's such a great series! :D I think I might also try some of the recipes on there.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Oh, like what?

I actually made Egg custard for my family for lunch like last week (HAD 2 GO 2 CHINATOWN 2 FIND BLACKBONED CHICKEN EGGS, THO.) Turned out not as rich as i thought it would though...

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Ooh, egg custard.

What do you think caused the change?

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
I skimmed through one issue once. Looked sorta interesting, and I saw the main character beat the crap out of himself for some reason (blood everywhere!)...I got in trouble with the store owner so I couldn't finish it though. Anyone know what I'm tlking about, and would care to fill me in?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Jan is a perfectionist, and when he fails at something or doesn't live up to his own standards, he's his own worst enemy. He also has an incredibly violent temper, so he targets that at himself in those situations.