1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ironic and Convenient Moments in the anime

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by J Ken, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

I have noticed that there are usually times where an episode that airs in English is related to an episode that airs in Japanese. Just list any convenient, inconvenient or ironic moments in the anime.

Examples:Trip's dominance run in the Junior Cup begins the same week where he loses in the Unova League. Cameron debuts in English the same week where he begins his League Battle with Ash.

2. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Ash being in every place where some dramatic Legendary Pokemon event happens (Movies 1 - 15).

3. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

Don't forget movie 16 either and when he met Ho-Oh and Zekrom at the start of his Kanto and Unova journeys.

4. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid What am I doing ಠ_ಠ

Ash capturing Gligar in the dub the week it evolves in the original

5. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Team Rocket always knowing exactly where ash is at any given second

6. ShinyPokemon inc.

ShinyPokemon inc. The Lighting King

Dawn finding the same pachirisu she released earlier that episode

7. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

An apparantly evil Pokémon not being evil just 'cause a snake said so 15 years ago.

8. Lucille

Lucille Well-Known Member

Oshawott learning Aqua Jet in the dub and mastering it the same week in Japan

9. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

That's done on purpose. The original and dub are mapped out that way.

10. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

No, no chance really, its just a coincidence and people like to talk about useless trivia, what about all the other dubs? the american dub is not the only dub out there, other countries exist besides Japan and the USA.

11. HatersGonnaHate

It's not a coincidence. This stuff has been happening for years. Meleotta's goodbye episode in the original was the week she debuted in the dub. The week Ash's Krookodile battled and beat Liepard and Sawk was the week it debuted against Dragonite in the dub. The week Kotestu battled Ash in the Unova League was the week Kotestu made his debut in the dub. The list goes on.

You really have not noticed this? Wow...

12. ShinyPokemon inc.

Some of us have noticed this. It's just fun too think of it as,coincidences

13. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

The japanese don't work for the americans, they make their anime and other countries buy their product to dub it, it has nothing to do with the japanese and american versions having any kinda of agreement to make this stuff happens like this, it happens its just that and no I don't notice that kind of thing unless i go to Bulbapedia and I see that useless trivia, since I don't watch my country dub even so I wouldn't watch the american version either.

On another note why are you guys talking about the AMERICAN dub YET again in the original series forum?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  14. HatersGonnaHate

I never said they had an agreement (although we don't really know for sure), but the American version maps out their episodes according to what Japan is airing. The dub has all the episodes that lie ahead, that's how they title their seasons and everything.

15. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

So basically what you're saying is that the two collude together to make sure things like this always happen.

16. ShinyPokemon inc.

Why can't you accept that coincidences exist when the original and dub are aired

17. Honeyichigo

Honeyichigo The manliest

But... why would they do that? Most of their audience is going to be kids who don't keep up with the japanese version online, so not many viewers will even pick up on it. And what purpose would it serve if they did, anyway?

18. Interference

Interference Banned

I found it cool how it took 59 episodes for Treecko to evolve into Grovyle and it took 95 episodes to evolve into Sceptile. Kinda cool how the numbers are inverted.

19. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Kotetsu is only using 5 Pokemon in his battle with Ash and the day this episode airs, 5 days before, the episode where Kotetsu earns his 8th badge airs.

20. HatersGonnaHate

No...like I said, the dub maps out their episodes according to what episode is airing in Japan. The dub is always about 15 episodes behind the original and that's done on purpose.

Because this has been happening for years so it's not really a coincidence.

Not sure why they do it, but maybe for trivia? I mean fun facts are always great to read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.