• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is 3DS on a verge to failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
There will be a bunch of new games coming out soon. They just released it at the wrong time so everybody thinks it sucks (including me). I would never pay for a 3DS because the features just don't appeal to me.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
There will be a bunch of new games coming out soon. They just released it at the wrong time so everybody thinks it sucks (including me). I would never pay for a 3DS because the features just don't appeal to me.

But once Nintendo slowly discontinues the DS, you'll be forced to get a 3DS.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Its like sex for the first time. It starts off bad but gets better over time.

shane6903

shane6903
the 3ds stinks they charge 50 bucks more than the ds and its not even 3d th only thing that is,zelda thats it.

Zibdas

not bad
Please, if you're going to make poorly thought out response, at least make them somewhat understandable. Thank you.

But yeah, it'll prolly pick up this winter.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
the 3ds stinks

There is no odor to the 3DS.

They charge 50 bucks more than the ds

Poor use of pronouns, you haven't even established who "they" is. I'm going to assume it's Nintendo. And yes, it is more expensive than the DS, it's the successor to it.

and its not even 3d th only thing that is,zelda thats it.

Believe it or not, the 3DS actually does support 3D. All the 3DS games support the 3D feature.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
On an interesting note about 3D, some games completely lock out the 3D feature because it's not needed at certain parts. The port for Devil Survivor only has it unlocked for the intro and when you're fusing demons.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
i love my 3ds!!! it rocks!!!

and from the videos ive seen on the nintendo eShop, it looks like Starfox 64 3d is gonna be epic!!! not to mention super mario 3d and !!!legend of zelda ocarina of time

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
Nintendo only has one chance left to prove to gamers that the 3DS is worth it.

I was quite upset with the lack of quality games, I was about to sell my 3DS. However I changed my mind after E3 though. Games such as Super Mario Land 3DS and Mario Kart 7 make the system seem worth it.

It's hit or miss this holiday season for Nintendo, and If they strike out I'm sure the 3DS is doomed to fail.

Arsène

People seem to ignore what the 3DS launch has accomplished in the current state of the economy. Not to mention the fact that it was released in spring of all time frames to launch a new system.

Compared to the original DS launch, I would say it's done a lot better than that, yet people continue to act as if it's the end of Nintendo.

It's isn't funny reading all of these doomsday scenarios anymore; and it certainly wasn't funny the first time around either.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
It's isn't funny reading all of these doomsday scenarios anymore; and it certainly wasn't funny the first time around either.

On the other hand, it will be funny to see what everybody does when the 3DS doesn't fail.

No, wait, they'll just do what they've done with all of other "failed" Nintendo consoles (like the DS and Wii, you know. Those were such huge failures, just like they predicted! =( ) and act like nothing ever happened.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
On the other hand, it will be funny to see what everybody does when the 3DS doesn't fail.

No, wait, they'll just do what they've done with all of other "failed" Nintendo consoles (like the DS and Wii, you know. Those were such huge failures, just like they predicted! =( ) and act like nothing ever happened.

Those Sony bastards.

DIARUGA Trainer

Rolling Fish

Thriller

Its almost time
If the 3DS does fail (I don't think it will anymore due to the very wise price drop), it'll be because the 3D Fad itself dies.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the concept of 3D imagery is nothing new, our grandparents had 3D in their time. For decades since the 50s, 3D has come and went, sometimes it worked, sometimes it failed. The current 3D fad (which, in my opinion, is finished already. I mean, compared to 2010, how many 3D films were released this year?) was brought on by the success of Avatar, which would have been a success with or without the 3D.

DarthVader

The 3DS had a pretty bad start, but I'm sure it will do much better around Christmas time when it's primary IPs (e.g. Mario Kart) are released.

It certainly isn't "on a verge to failing"

i might be getting it for Christmas, i wanted it for my birthday but no one cares that it's my birthday in my family so i want it for Christmas when the 3DS has more games out.

i don't think it will fail.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Those Sony bastards.

^ Ditto.

The 3DS is definetly not failing! It's done better than the DS when it was released! The 3DS has been selling like mad ever since the price drop and has been the number 1 sold console in Japan for a month! And with the new games coming out, it'll only sell more! I don't get the people who say it's a failed technology, the 3DS is doing great. Don't deny facts. THE 3DS IS DOING GREAT.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The current 3D fad (which, in my opinion, is finished already. I mean, compared to 2010, how many 3D films were released this year?) was brought on by the success of Avatar, which would have been a success with or without the 3D.

Riddle me this, then. It's been said that Nintendo has been working on the 3DS since 2002. If I further remember, the 3DS had several designs, 6 different ones, but 12 altogether, with two of them being extremely similiar. Furthermore, I bet you Nintendo had no idea that the 3D craze was about to come back in style, as developers have probably had the 3DS design since 2008 at least, if not before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.