• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is a Japanese Platinum worth it now?

Lightey

After HG/SS come out will there be anymore Japanese Platinum Wi-Fi events? Platinum is my favorite game, and I love seeing Japanese names on Pokemon, and I'm buying it mainly for the the Wi-Fi events. So are there gonna be any (Based on past gens) events after HG/SS.​

Ammako

No, it's completely not worth it.

The only Wi-Fi event you'll be able to get is the Azure Flute, wich isn't 100% sure will get released.

Secret Key, Member's Card, Oak's Letter and NZ Jirachi all have been released alerady, too.

darkrai4

Dark Trainer
well I would not say its worht it,if you are only buying it for the events then no,it is not since there is only 1 event left which is Arceus.Now if you want japanese events then you should buy HG/SS in japanese then,its the best idea you could have.Its your call.Hope I helped

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
No, there is no way it is worth it. Like Pingouin7 said, the only event left is the Azure Flute, and its not even 100%.

Lightey

But there will be Wi-Fi events for HG/SS, right? So do you think those will also work for Platinum?

Ammako

Yes, there will be Wi-Fi events for HG/SS. But these won't be compatible with Platinum, and neither Diamond or Pearl.

darkrai4

Dark Trainer
I dont think they will work on plat,but you can always transfer right?

SpecialAcez

Cool X Dangerous
After HG/SS come out will there be anymore Japanese Platinum Wi-Fi events? Platinum is my favorite game, and I love seeing Japanese names on Pokemon, and I'm buying it mainly for the the Wi-Fi events. So are there gonna be any (Based on past gens) events after HG/SS.​

If you're mainly buying it for the events, then it's not worth it. As the others have mentioned, they may release the Azure Flute via WiFi (not 100%).

Last edited: