• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is a Meltan worth it?

Was Meltan a good trade?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Hell no

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Smackle123

I recently got a Meltan in a trade for an old Zekrom from pokemon white I had and was wondering if it was worth it???

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Depends. You won't be using it for most ranked battles because it's banned for the most part. You can use it in casual battles if your fine with that. If your out there to complete your Pokedex, sure.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is it worth anything in a trade? It says it’s a mythical
Honestly, I don't know. Depends on how the legendary was distributed. If it was a rare one-time event, it's worth a lot. If it's from a last-gen game and not accessible in the current, it's worth something. If it's easy to get, which I assume is for Melmetal considering Let's Go, then not really. If you want more information, go ask some prominent traders that hang out in the wifi center.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
To be honest, that's a horrible trade. Meltan are easily obtainable in large numbers in Pokémon Go, and they can be transferred to Let's Go, and then to Sword and Shield through Home. They are without a doubt the most readily available and easiest to obtain Mythical Pokémon. To get a Meltan in Go, all you need to do is connect it to a Let's Go game. Once you do that, you'll be able to capture 20-30 Meltan once every three days. If you don't like the idea of playing Go, all you need to do is play it for half an hour to catch one, then transfer it to Let's Go, and never have to play again.

Now Melmetal, on the other hand, is a little more valuable, as it can only be evolved from Meltan in Go, and requires you capturing 100 Meltan first (or at least 50 is you use certain items). This takes time and effort to do so, making Melmetal actually somewhat valuable, though, in all honesty, still not super valuable.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wait, did they lower the cost to evolving Meltan? I recall you needed 400 candies to evolve it

Smackle123

Well good thing I got zekroms on deck from the old gens one more thing, are the Pokémon named machamps.com fake? I’ve been seeing them everywhere!!!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Meltan is literally the least desired Mythical that’s out there. People are only catching just so they can get enough Meltan Candies to evolve one. Meltan is literally a dime a dozen Pokémon. The only other Mythical that isn’t as desired as it once was is Deoxys after ORAS came out. Meltan is way too common and you can’t even evolve it outside of Go. I think getting a Magikarp for a Reshiram from Unova would be a better trade because at least then you can evolve the Magikarp and make it useful.

Golden_Arcanine

Meltan is literally the least desired Mythical that’s out there. People are only catching just so they can get enough Meltan Candies to evolve one. Meltan is literally a dime a dozen Pokémon. The only other Mythical that isn’t as desired as it once was is Deoxys after ORAS came out. Meltan is way too common and you can’t even evolve it outside of Go. I think getting a Magikarp for a Reshiram from Unova would be a better trade because at least then you can evolve the Magikarp and make it useful.

Does Phione count?

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
It seems to me that the value of Meltan varies by individual. Sure it can be commonly caught in Go and transferred. But the thing is, not everyone has Let’s Go. So for those who don’t want or have the game, even if you play Go yourself, you can’t transfer them to the main series.

Maybe some think a Meltan isn’t worth as much as a legendary, but it can definitely still be worth something depending on the person. I’ve seen people trade an apriball or other items for them, for instance.

So for your case Smackle, I don’t think you should regret the trade, especially if you don’t have Let’s Go yourself.

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I don’t have let’s go because it’s just a reboot of a reboot so I decided it wasn’t worth the money! That’s crazy it’s only in let’s go

Same, I don't have Let's Go either for similar reasons. Actually I also traded a spare legendary I had (Solgaleo) for Meltan some time ago, but being able to just have one Meltan makes it worth it to me.

Smackle123

I just wish I would have known you had to have it in Pokémon Go to evolve it I got armor isle and I wanted to give it Gigantamax soup lol

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wait, did they lower the cost to evolving Meltan? I recall you needed 400 candies to evolve it

No, it's still 400 candies. 400 candies equates to 100 Meltan (3 candies per catch, plus one for releasing), but if you're using Pinap berries you can get six candies per catch plus the one for transfer, so you only need to catch 58 of them.

It seems to me that the value of Meltan varies by individual. Sure it can be commonly caught in Go and transferred. But the thing is, not everyone has Let’s Go. So for those who don’t want or have the game, even if you play Go yourself, you can’t transfer them to the main series.

Maybe some think a Meltan isn’t worth as much as a legendary, but it can definitely still be worth something depending on the person. I’ve seen people trade an apriball or other items for them, for instance.

So for your case Smackle, I don’t think you should regret the trade, especially if you don’t have Let’s Go yourself.

Of course anything is worth what you're willing to pay for it, but if someone with Go and Let's Go is requesting Legendary Pokémon for Meltan, then it's a bit of a scam. If you're okay with over-paying for something that's extremely easy to get, then there's nothing wrong with that, but the person you traded with did get something a whole lot more valuable to them than the Meltan was. Plus, it's not like the number of people with Go and Let's Go is small. You could easily find someone else who would accept a whole lot less. I've seen people who are just giving the things away.

At the very least, if you're going to offer something good, you should trade it for a Melmetal, as that at least took time and effort to get, giving it some value.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
are the Pokémon named machamps.com fake? I’ve been seeing them everywhere!!!

Yes, they are. You are better off releasing them.

Though I admit I took the items the hackedmon come with.

No. Still 400.

Thanks!

No, it's still 400 candies. 400 candies equates to 100 Meltan (3 candies per catch, plus one for releasing), but if you're using Pinap berries you can get six candies per catch plus the one for transfer, so you only need to catch 58 of them.

Completly forgot we can get one candy for releasing. Thanks.

Now I remember back in the day, there was an event with double candy and I got like 12 Meltan candy (13 counting the release) by capture