• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is anyone concerned that none of Ash's older pokemon might appear this arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas The Deaf

the deaf trainer
Muk appeared for 2 sec ish so he does count.

nuzamaki90

Muk's appearance alone should give hope for other reserves to appear.

There's been no saga where Ash's traveling companions haven't witnessed Ash's Pokemon staying with Oak or anyone else, so why worry? Even if the appearances are just cameos of them chilling in Oak's garden of goodness, it's still an appearance.

i dont care..im excited to see charzard and it'd be cool to see others but charzard would be the most useful out of all of his (and most powerful)

Nightmareisalive

So far Charizard of course is being heavily promoted to get a comeback...but nobody else is. With the knowledge that this gen is ending by October and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any major tournament on the horizon, is anyone getting worried that we won't actually see Ash use any older Pokemon this saga?

I was really hoping Gible would return to get the Phanpy treatment, (and it meeting Iris was a given), as well as see some of Ash's other older Pokemon that we haven't seen in a while.

But knowing most of this arc is about Team Plasma and only seeing Charizard is making me curious. So far the writers have always had Ash bring back older Pokemon for the tail-end of a generation, because once the new one starts he goes fresh again. I think there may simply be nothing to bring the others back for this time.

No I don't watch the series anymore so it won't affect me..... though in all seriousness would it actually make sense for him to appear? Not much of the younger gen of fans (which is the anime target audience) would actually know who he is so to them really it would be a random Pokemon that Ash owns so the impact of him coming back won't be much. Also how would it fit in with the story I mean having Charizard appear for no reason would be pointless and remember there are older fans that are hating on this series so the appearance of an old Pokemon would be seen as a huge waste for a series that they hate. Unless it improves the ratings none of his old Pokemon would be making much of an appearance

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I think that Ash older pokemon could come back apart from Charizard. It will be a select few but they will appear. The difference with Charizard and the other is 1) that his return will be epic, 2) that Charizard will be the star of the arc and 3) Charizard will have a big role in the movie. For this reason Charizard is getting a lot of merchandise, the movie being the main one.

You can't say that no older pokemon apart from Charizard will appear because:
-We don't know how Charizard will came to the anime. And we don't know why Charizard appears in the anime. And we know that Charizard won't fly himself from Johto to Unova. The most probable ways that Charizard will come would be through Liza (or a Charific character), through Oak's system (are connected with Juniper?) and through Dawn (the least probable).
-We are in the ending of a gneration. Now this is the moment where Ash's pokemon could get a good showing. Now that promotion of Gen V doesn't matter much and promotion of Gen VI hasn't started yet is the perfect time to showcase older pokemon. It's true that one of the only few things confirmed in XY is that older pokemon will return but new pokemon takes preference.
-The League wasn't the time to show his reserves. Apart from possible dissapointments, you must remember that 80% of Unova League saga was only ewith new pokemon. Remember that the League was planned to have only Gen V pokemon. What the writers do is to give the Samurott rival an older pokemon to promote and give the winner of the league a "marketable" promotion.
-And we don't know that will be no battles. I expect two big battles directly or undirectly related to Team Plasma. And I see three main ways of showing battles:
-PWT "Senior Cup" with 8 participants, 3 round and where Ash and Colress fight (NOT Iris and NOT Cilan). The main battle would be Ash vs Colress. Ash wins. After that, Ash vs N (B vs W) (6vs6) and Ash vs Ghetsis? (6vs6)?
- Ash vs Colress (3vs3 to 5vs5), Ash vs N (6vs6) and a last tournament to give farewell to the sidekick's rivalries.
-My freaking idea based on the games where N wins the League with his Reshiram. Ash vs Elite 4 (3vs3, 4vs4 at MOST) and Ash vs N (6vs6) will be the battles.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
There's no need for any of Ash's older Pokemon to appear. Hell, I question whether Charizard coming back is absolutely necessary.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
i dont care..im excited to see charzard and it'd be cool to see others but charzard would be the most useful out of all of his (and most powerful)

Nope that would be Snorlax and Totodile as his most useful and that's a FACT. This thread is done as Snorlax and Totodile are the only one that matter........(Gets on hands and Knees) PLEASE WRITERS BRING BACK SNORLAX AND TOTODILE PLEASE

Lucille

Nope that would be Snorlax and Totodile as his most useful and that's a FACT. This thread is done as Snorlax and Totodile are the only one that matter........(Gets on hands and Knees) PLEASE WRITERS BRING BACK SNORLAX AND TOTODILE PLEASE

Exactly how is Totodile useful?

zebbystrika

PokeMaster
I reeaaalllyyy want to see Charizard again!!!! But an appearance from torterra or infernape would be great, too....

Lucille

Totodile beat a Charizard by him self in the anime.

Totodile could beat an Arceus and it wouldn't completely make up the fact that he didn't do much during Johto and it doesn't make up that he's currently the weakest of Ash's water types.

Charizard's aren't God's unless it's Ash's

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
And it worked.
Damn my dirty mind, I could totally say something right now (to the people who are dying to see Charizard)...

Totodile could beat an Arceus and it wouldn't completely make up the fact that he didn't do much during Johto and it doesn't make up that he's currently the weakest of Ash's water types.

Charizard's aren't God's unless it's Ash's
Weakest? Hardly, when Squirtle beats a Charizard and Kindgra, then you can call him the weakest. And before I hear Squitle beat the Electabuzz that Totodile lost to, does that mean Squirtle is more powerful then Bulbasaur, as Charizard had to beat the one that Grass/Poison type lost to.

Oshawott is currently Ash's weakest Water type though

Status
Not open for further replies.