• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is anyone else angry that Fire Emblem isn't going to America?

Should Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem:Heroes of Light & Shadow come to the US

• Yes, Fire Emblem is awesome!

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Well, it's been about a year since the sequel to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon came out, the original I just loved, and I have just about given up hope that there will be an american release. This angers me and does anybody else think the Fire Emblem series should have gotten an international release?

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!

The series had a American release since 2003 when Rekka no Ken came out in America as just "Fire Emblem". I also saw a copy of Fire Emblem DS: Shadow Dragon in a store in Orlando aswell as copies of Path of Radiance and Radient Dawn on the shelves. So yes, it did get an American release because it has been established as a series in the US since 2003. Also, compared to the other games in the series, Heroes of Light was lacklustre.

If you're talking about the games from Gaiden to Fūin no Tsurugi. They will most likely get localised via handheld like Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light did. (I Really want to play the Jugdral games (Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia 776) legaly.

Last edited:

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One

The series had a American release since 2003 when Rekka no Ken came out in America as just "Fire Emblem". I also saw a copy of Fire Emblem DS: Shadow Dragon in a store in Orlando aswell as copies of Path of Radiance and Radient Dawn on the shelves. So yes, it did get an American release because it has been established as a series in the US since 2003. Also, compared to the other games in the series, Heroes of Light was lacklustre.

If you're talking about the games from Gaiden to Fūin no Tsurugi. They will most likely get localised via handheld like Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light did. (I Really want to play the Jugdral games (Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia 776) legaly.

I don't think you understand, I have played shadow dragon when it came to America, and I loved it. My anger is that it is becoming a looming possibility that its sister sequel may not get a release outside Japan.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
It will.

Because it's an established franchise in the US. It will.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It will.

Becaue it's an established franchise. It will.

Not to further my own parade-raining stereotype here, but it would appear that the game in question is a DS title, a title for hardware that is now essentially defunct. If they didn't put in the resources to localize it before the 3DS launched, what makes you think they'll do it now?

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Not to further my own parade-raining stereotype here, but it would appear that the game in question is a DS title, a title for hardware that is now essentially defunct. If they didn't put in the resources to localize it before the 3DS launched, what makes you think they'll do it now?

Well, when the DS came out GBA titles didn't just stop. It sputtered for a bit for coming to a halt, which was a few years first. Also, if the work has already been done, why not just translate it and put it on the outdated hardware. Easier then reformatting it or not doing it at all.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Because Shadow Dragon was released in the US. The sequel should be.

And don't bring up the Mother series saying that this might happen. Fire Emblem had a lot more sales than Earthbound had in the US.

Besides, just because the 3DS is released in the US now doesn't mean that 1st party games will just stopped being released on the DS. Emerald came out on the Gameboy Advance a year after the DS came out and Kirby in Dreamland 3 came out on the SNES in 1997 in the US, 1 year after the release of the N64.

BCVM22

Well, when the DS came out GBA titles didn't just stop. It sputtered for a bit for coming to a halt, which was a few years first.

And how many of those releases were titles developed by Nintendo?

Also, if the work has already been done, why not just translate it and put it on the outdated hardware.

What indication is there that any localization work has been done?

Because Shadow Dragon was released in the US. The sequel should be.

It's not that black and white sometimes. Or ever, really.

Besides, just because the 3DS is released in the US now doesn't mean that 1st party games will just stopped being released on the DS.

No, that is pretty much what it means, actually.

Emerald came out on the Gameboy Advance a year after the DS came out.

Not quite. Try three months before.

Look, don't let me stop you guys from hoping and wishing and all that. Just trying to help you see the big picture and the reality of the matter, is all. Carry on.

AromaFlora

floofy
Wait... Ace Attorney's next game isn't coming to the US and now Fire Emblem's next game isn't? That's pretty dumb...

Well, there's not much of an argument we can come up with against them, other then "they'll lose sales AND fans!". If that's what the big company is going to be doing, then there's not much we can do but complain. Perhaps it's for their own good (it is Japan after all, and their money is pouring into fixing their island that just got washed from a tsunami/quake combo).

Dattebayo

Banned
They must've learned their past mistakes of releasing 1st party games in outdated systems a year after their current console was out. This may bring my points on how sales affects a game's success rather than reviews and fan reactions.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Well, it's been about a year since the sequel to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon came out, the original I just loved, and I have just about given up hope that there will be an american release. This angers me and does anybody else think the Fire Emblem series should have gotten an international release?

It takes forever for FE games to be localized because they don't sell a lot outside of Japan and they're very text heavy. Patience.

At least 1: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones was released on the GBA on May 23, 2005 in the US.

While there isn't any indication that work has been done, it's worth pointing out that the game wasn't even announced until about a month prior to the Japanese release. It wouldn't be too farfetch'd to assume it'll be similar for international regions.

Last edited:

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One

It's not that black and white sometimes. Or ever, really.

No, that is pretty much what it means, actually.

Not quite. Try three months before.

Look, don't let me stop you guys from hoping and wishing and all that. Just trying to help you see the big picture and the reality of the matter, is all. Carry on.

Bro you're bumming me out.

Getting mad over a series that next to no one would know about if two characters didnt appear in SSBM?

Nope.

SSBM is just a means to an end. I have played the gams and am glad I was able to learn of it because it's awesome.

ForeverFlame

There are about a dozen games that I'm more mad about than Fire Emblem. Besides, it's practically guaranteed that FE's getting a 3DS game down the road if it wasn't announced already.

Chris

Old Coot
Wait... Ace Attorney's next game isn't coming to the US and now Fire Emblem's next game isn't?
Nintendo had nothing to do with the Ace Attorney series. Blame Capcom and their recent shenanigans, seeing as how they're screwing up with releases for their franchises right now.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't really care about the Mystery of the Emblem remake to be honest. Nothing can stand up to the Tellius series.

But when they make a new original story, I'll be the first one in line.

TicoPokemonMaster

To be honest I never knew about Fire Emblem until Smash bros Melee. I liked Roy the most. But it wasn't enough to make me want to get into the series. But I do feel for those who wanted this game to come to the America. I would be really bummed if one of my favorite games was said not to come out here.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I loved shadow dragon, so I really hope its sequel crosses the pond. We need more strategy games!

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I was never a huge fan of Fire Emblem, to be honest.