• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Anyone else besides me Annoyed with Goh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm sorry but this character rubs me the wrong way. I'm not really liking the way the writers are pretty much focusing this new Gen series on Goh. They already had some episodes mostly dedicated to him, including the episode about all of his Pokes at the lab, giving him alot of shine, parents, potential shipping and what annoys me more is the amount of Pokemon that he's catching with little to no effort, with the ever-annoying "......has been registered to your Pokedex" dialogue everytime he single -handedly catches one. So far this season he has already surpassed the total number of Pokes Ash has collected in over 20 years!! And the season is not even over yet!! Why couldn't they have Ash start catching more Pokemon if this is supposedly a "reboot" of the series? And he doesn't even have to go so overboard in catching them the way Goh has! Does the series have Goh catching multiple Pokes nearly every episode?? Are they letting him catch over 150 or 200 pokemon by this series end?? If so i would be pissed off! That's overkill and quite frankly unnecessary! I wish the would drop the Go gimmick already! I may stop watching this series just like I had did with S/M and X/Y

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No I'm more annoyed with Ash and his never ending coma dream journey. Ash focused episodes are boring and Ash should have been written off after the end of DP.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I'm sorry but this character rubs me the wrong way. I'm not really liking the way the writers are pretty much focusing this new Gen series on Goh. They already had some episodes mostly dedicated to him, including the episode about all of his Pokes at the lab, giving him alot of shine, parents, potential shipping and what annoys me more is the amount of Pokemon that he's catching with little to no effort, with the ever-annoying "......has been registered to your Pokedex" dialogue everytime he single -handedly catches one. So far this season he has already surpassed the total number of Pokes Ash has collected in over 20 years!! And the season is not even over yet!! Why couldn't they have Ash start catching more Pokemon if this is supposedly a "reboot" of the series? And he doesn't even have to go so overboard in catching them the way Goh has! Does the series have Goh catching multiple Pokes nearly every episode?? Are they letting him catch over 150 or 200 pokemon by this series end?? If so i would be pissed off! That's overkill and quite frankly unnecessary! I wish the would drop the Go gimmick already! I may stop watching this series just like I had did with S/M and X/Y

His goal is to catch all Pokemon. It would be weird if after 40 episodes he still only had like 10 Pokemon. They established a goal for him and are actively working towards it, which is something people have been asking for for a companion. I'm not a fan of Goh in general, though for other reasons, but considering the original catchphrase was Gotta Catch 'em All and considering how many people who play the games want to catch every Pokemon ever, I don't think it's a weird goal.

Having Ash catch so many Pokemon would not be right. He was always all about the bond with just a few Pokemon and it doesn't make sense to change that now, as this series is not a reboot in any way or form. I'm frankly not really sure where you even got the idea it's some kind of reboot, as it's the series with the most continuity from previous series in a very long time.

Also, if you stopped watching XY and SM as well, then what were you expecting from this show? You don't like it, that's fine, it does have its flaws, sometimes even quite a few flaws, but clearly your issue with the show extends far past just Goh.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
No, you're not alone. I stand with you. Goh is a psychopath who steals Ash's screentime and Pokemon from him. See, what happens is that Goh manifests himself in the real world (I know, I couldn't believe it either, but it is the truth) where he conspires with the writing staff, and influences them to give more screentime to him, and less screentime to Ash. He also tells the writers to intentionally write Ash poorly so that his Pokemon never get enough screentime. This is the reason why only Pikachu and Riolu get screentime. Do you think Goh getting a Pikachu, and then evolving it was just a coincidence? Do you think Goh catching a Flygon, a Pokemon Ash was always meant to get was a coincidence? I think not. Do you think it is a coincidence that this series has only two main characters rather than three? It is not. A grand conspiracy is afoot, one which will eventually result in Goh swallowing Ash like a black hole and assuming his role as the true main character. So yeah. Goh sucks.

I was also thinking that we could write a petition, to tell the writers that we're not going to stand for more Goh exposure, and that Ash needs to be the main character again. Perhaps we could get enough people to support us, and support Ash, the real main character of this anime. I'm sure the Pokemon anime veterans would stand by our side, and perhaps even some voice actors could support us.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
@Kazuniya wins the thread.

But he forgot to note the darned crime Goh committed when
he stole Sobble from Ash

===================

On a serious answer, I have no issue with Goh. Some aspects of his goal need some working but recent episodes showed they are starting to find the best path

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I like how the anime is showing their take on the different types of Pokemon fans. You've got the competitive players who are all about battling, casual players who just enjoy the Pokemon experience, and now the players who work to complete the PokeDex and eventually make a living dex. Heck, you even have Koharu as the the person who starts as not caring about Pokemon but eventually gets sucked in.

OP's not alone though. I've seen several people who aren't fans of Goh.

RafaSceptile

I like how the anime is showing their take on the different types of Pokemon fans. You've got the competitive players who are all about battling, casual players who just enjoy the Pokemon experience, and now the players who work to complete the PokeDex and eventually make a living dex. Heck, you even have Koharu as the the person who starts as not caring about Pokemon but eventually gets sucked in.

OP's not alone though. I've seen several people who aren't fans of Goh.

You forgot the Shiny hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.