• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is anyone else hoping for Mystery Dungeon 3?

Sadu-Hem

Ragnarok Bringer
I hope so. Not because I find it emotionally moving (I found both endings to be quite ridiculous, actually) but because I like the plot as a whole. A major subplot is helping your partner mature and grow as a person/Pokemon, which fits very well into the overall theme of Pokemon.

A PMD3 is a great idea! Especially if it didn't involve a human-turned-pokemon.

As for the Ranger games...the constant tutorials is what gets me, being ADD and all.

ilovedeino

Deino Master
A PMD3 is a great idea! Especially if it didn't involve a human-turned-pokemon.

As for the Ranger games...the constant tutorials is what gets me, being ADD and all.

^^^This, I would love a PMD3 without any human stuff, just a normal Pokemon wanting to be in a rescue team. About Ranger, I always hated the tutorial and IMO, the Guardian Signs wasn't good, but the first was amazing, and the second was okay. I also wish they would bring the WiiWare versions of PMD to America.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I would really love a 5th gen based PMD. If Gen 3 and 4 had PMD games, Gen 5 should have as well. It won't be fruitful if not.

It would be great, considering there's a whole other generation now. xD
Personally, I would want the style of game play to be like the Pokepark series. Perhaps the plot could be a bit more interactive and change with how the player reacts to things. (Like other RPGs) :D
It's a game the writers could really expand upon. I'dbuyit.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
With the new pokemon?! YES!!
Id think then they can be epic in putting Fake Groudon, Sh. Lugia, P. Dialga in the entire thing. Including a Fake Kyogre, a Fake Rayquaza, even a secret garden full of Latios's and Latias's!

Earthia100

I LOVE PMD! It has the best storyline of any Pokemon game, and the Random-Generated Dungeons keep the Game fresh. I hope you still get to take the personality test!

And a customisable room would also be cool.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Well, looking a what Spike Chunsoft (that's what they're called now since Chunsoft has recently merged with Spike) have been doing recently, it seems that they've been pretty busy with some PSP games, two of which are coming out in June and July respectively. They haven't been making a lot of games for Nintendo these days with the most recent one being the sequel to 999 on the 3DS/(and Vita) (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward) and the last game on the Nintendo before that one was made in January last year. Not saying the chances are unlikely, just thought that you guys might want to know what they've been up to.

Personally, I'd really love to have a Gen V PMD.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Well, looking a what Spike Chunsoft (that's what they're called now since Chunsoft has recently merged with Spike) have been doing recently, it seems that they've been pretty busy with some PSP games, two of which are coming out in June and July respectively. They haven't been making a lot of games for Nintendo these days with the most recent one being the sequel to 999 on the 3DS/(and Vita) (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward) and the last game on the Nintendo before that one was made in January last year. Not saying the chances are unlikely, just thought that you guys might want to know what they've been up to.

Personally, I'd really love to have a Gen V PMD.

Then if you're evidence is correct, we are expected to endure a long wait for the next PMD game. If anything, I'd want Wigglytuff, Chatot, and Grovyle (my expectations are too high, I know) in the next game.

Shadow Jirachi

Personally, I'd love a new PMD game. I don't care what the plot's like (as long as it has one that isn't 'stop your town fighting over a piece of chocolate' or anything). I just want one.
Oh, and I'd love a new Ranger game as well! I was a big fan of them all, really, although I'd like it to be difficult like Ranger 1, and it to have good characters. The ones in Guardian Signs weren't bad. Shadows of Almia was so-so for me, but I liked a certain villain. (Actually, I really like all the villains in Ranger, full stop. Except maybe the Sinis Trio. Never liked them much.)

Last edited:

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
There will be one, Nintendo isn't about to let Mystery Dungeo die. It has arguably one of the biggest fanbases of any of the Pokemon spinoffs, and brings in a good bit of publicity and revenue. Two things that makes a game series good.

Yes, the next Mystery Dungeon game will be here, most likely after the hype for Black 2 and White 2 dies down. It's probably already in development, or at the very least planning stage.
This stuff takes time, I mean they have to come up with a plot (one with meaning, a few major twists, and an emotional ending) which is a feat in itself, then comes the actual game and software development and coding (not to mention all the work that goes into creating the dungeons themselves, I mean no two dungeon maps are exactly alike, that takes effort), and than come the goodies like the WiFi connections among other things they have to add to the game.

So yeah, that's my bit of rambling. The sum of that big wall of text is: they are probably working on it, it'll take some time.

There will be another one, mark my words.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
There will be one, Nintendo isn't about to let Mystery Dungeo die. It has arguably one of the biggest fanbases of any of the Pokemon spinoffs, and brings in a good bit of publicity and revenue. Two things that makes a game series good.

Yes, the next Mystery Dungeon game will be here, most likely after the hype for Black 2 and White 2 dies down. It's probably already in development, or at the very least planning stage.
This stuff takes time, I mean they have to come up with a plot (one with meaning, a few major twists, and an emotional ending) which is a feat in itself, then comes the actual game and software development and coding (not to mention all the work that goes into creating the dungeons themselves, I mean no two dungeon maps are exactly alike, that takes effort), and than come the goodies like the WiFi connections among other things they have to add to the game.

So yeah, that's my bit of rambling. The sum of that big wall of text is: they are probably working on it, it'll take some time.

There will be another one, mark my words.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

I hope you're right. I wonder what its story plot will be like? :)

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I am. Since there's a Gen III and IV PMD, and why not Gen V?

shatteredrose

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the PMD series. We NEED a PMD3. I've been waiting and hoping, but nothing has come! :(

I like Pokemon Ranger, but I wouldn't be crushed if they didn't make another one.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
In a way, so why not?. It has a great storyline (even better than some of the main series), great music, suspense and the like. Hopefully if ever there will be a gen V mystery dungeon game, I can get it before I quit Pokemon (if ever that happens).

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
No and only because I don't like 5th gen pokemon and all they're stupid looks. *Trubbish* cough, cough

Serebii!

I would like a new one with 5th gen Pokemon, I enjoyed playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and I didn't play the 4th gen Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, it could get released after BW2