• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is anyone else hoping for Mystery Dungeon 3?

*IZ*

I want a Mystery Dungeon 3. I really enjoyed the last 2 (I never bought/played explorers of the sky). For the Ranger game, maybe since I liked all the rangers game (I never bought/played the guardian of signs) but the only bad thing is that I'm scared that I'll mess up the touch screen for my 3DS. lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I would definitely play Mystery Dungeon 3

We need them!!!! Might just be my collecting side but I love all the games and to be a Tepig would amaze me!!!!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yes, I would love a 5th gen PMD game!
The pokemon mystery dungeon series is by far the best pokemon series ever! (Like it way more than BW)
(Though if they are planning to make one, they had better hurry up since there is still only about one and a half years left of the 5th generation, if they won't make it in time, I wouldn't care if it was 6th gen, as long as they will be made).

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I would love one. It should be for 3ds >_> PMD is better than Conquest. I love Conquest, but it's really a chore after a couple of special episodes...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hope they come out with a new mystery dungeon. It's the best spin off besides ranger, which they should also make =D

GreatGonzales

The Master
Who doesn't?
Yes, I greatly enjoy the PMD games, and the music..... Wow.

Jaguartail

Ranger no, but another Dungeon would defintely be good - provided they gave it a original storyline - 5 games with a plot of "The World will END if you don't do x" is more than enough.

TheDavidan13

D'oh I missed!
Ranger no, but another Dungeon would defintely be good - provided they gave it a original storyline - 5 games with a plot of "The World will END if you don't do x" is more than enough.

Well, technically, in EoT/EoD/EoS, the world wasn't going to end. Time was just going to stop/Everyone would fall into a deep sleep.

Anyways, I'd love a new PMD! I can imagine an antagonist Zoroark for some reason, though, or it would be a boss at least.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Actually, what exactly can Gamefreak/Creatures/Whatever come up with that has a large enough story line or such? I mean, they have to come up with another save the world storyline, or just not do that storyline at all.
I personally, instead of another save the world thing, would have something like overcoming your Rival team and aiming to be the best Team ever, at least it's sorta original.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I would love another version, just because I want to see a dungeons game with the Gen V pokes. I'm not sure what originality can be achieved with the story, but it'd be cool to a Bisharp or something in your team.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I hope so. Not because I find it emotionally moving (I found both endings to be quite ridiculous, actually) but because I like the plot as a whole. A major subplot is helping your partner mature and grow as a person/Pokemon, which fits very well into the overall theme of Pokemon.

It would be great, considering there's a whole other generation now. xD
Personally, I would want the style of game play to be like the Pokepark series. Perhaps the plot could be a bit more interactive and change with how the player reacts to things. (Like other RPGs) :D
It's a game the writers could really expand upon. I'dbuyit.

There will be one, Nintendo isn't about to let Mystery Dungeo die. It has arguably one of the biggest fanbases of any of the Pokemon spinoffs, and brings in a good bit of publicity and revenue. Two things that makes a game series good.

Yes, the next Mystery Dungeon game will be here, most likely after the hype for Black 2 and White 2 dies down. It's probably already in development, or at the very least planning stage.
This stuff takes time, I mean they have to come up with a plot (one with meaning, a few major twists, and an emotional ending) which is a feat in itself, then comes the actual game and software development and coding (not to mention all the work that goes into creating the dungeons themselves, I mean no two dungeon maps are exactly alike, that takes effort), and than come the goodies like the WiFi connections among other things they have to add to the game.

So yeah, that's my bit of rambling. The sum of that big wall of text is: they are probably working on it, it'll take some time.

There will be another one, mark my words.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

It's funny how PMDs got a better storyline (a more touching one too) than the normal ones... ._.

Actually, what exactly can Gamefreak/Creatures/Whatever come up with that has a large enough story line or such? I mean, they have to come up with another save the world storyline, or just not do that storyline at all.
I personally, instead of another save the world thing, would have something like overcoming your Rival team and aiming to be the best Team ever, at least it's sorta original.

Nice Ideas that you got. Being a student in game development, this spin off is the central inspiration of my first project

But shouldn't we ask ourselves on what the next storyline for PMD should be? So many possibilities but also more than just the human transformation to save the world.

a. A PMD storyline where it holds a PMD-esque style of a Mafia Family. Quite much like the Godfather Series (the movies). Instead of being a rescue team, you start with a crime family. Playing as the bad guys. Like take team AWD for instance. They can expand their family and eliminate every other crime family. They take over businesses, guilds, recruit make pokemon, etc. But much friendlier of course for the Teens.

b. If you noticed the other PMD's, the human's transformation is not intentional (minus Red and blue rescue). What if the human intends to become a pokemon to free oneself from humanity instead? Wouldn't that be nice? Instead of returning to become a human, one shall forget his human life permanently and live the life of a pokemon instead. But there will be humans looking for him to make him human again. So one fought them all and he lived all his/her life as that pokemon species wit a normal life. And in the end, you and your partner will bear a child (yes, I want poke couples in PMD and marriage cut scenes available. Encourages more of Male and Female Pairings, not partnners of same genders. If only Celebi and Grovyle in PMD 2 had "made love" with each other and have a baby Celebi)

c. Anyone thought as to playing as an ordinary pokemon and YOUR PARTNER IS THE HUMAN INSTEAD. It is up to you to either let your partner start your journey on the quest for identity, or your partner will live like an ordinary pokemon and make sure your human partner never ever searches for his/her human origins.

d. No one may agree with this idea for sure. But how Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Crossovers With The Legend of Zelda Timeline C (Toon Link's era)? Any thoughts for a Toon Snivy carrying a Master Sword? I am!
Why this radical idea? Look at the Time Gears and the Triforce. Ain't both of them relics with an important focus? How about mend them together? The Lake guardians holds the Triforce While the other races of Zelda hold the time gears. Or Link, Zelda, and Ganon turned to pokemon (Oshawott, Servine, Emboar respectively).

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don't play Ranger, but I wouldn't want to deny the Ranger fans a new game.

As for PMD, not only would another game be awesome, it's practically necessary at this point. Do they still have enough natures left...?

Maybe we can get some better coding and lose the 255 stat cap. Nintendo is a huge company, I'm sure they can hire someone who knows more than rudimentary C++. I'd like to see an even more kickass storyline too. PMD1's storyline was awesome, PMD2's storyline blows every other Pokemon franchise game's storyline out of the water, but I feel that they can do even better. Perhaps they can lose the obsessive nonviolence policy completely...? Nah, that won't happen.