• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

is anyone in a relationship

is anyone in a relationship

• yes im a boy and i am in one

Votes: 63 19.3%
  • yes im a girl and i am in one

Votes: 42 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No but i really want to

Votes: 111 33.9%

• Total voters

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
dating and living together for 5 years now, and i am going to marry 28th of may 2012

Congrats dude...cant believe she's cool with you paying pokemon too

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Being alone becomes a much less frightening idea after a couple of truly bad relationships.

I can see that being the case, but imagine this for a second: Finding someone who is the best thing that has ever happened to you. You can have a nice conversation with them after a long day, and you two can connect on almost every detail. Obviously you have your differences, as two identical people is just boring, but you accept the differences and move on from that. You support them on their worst day, and they can support you during times that you're down and out. It might sound very unlikely, but that's something that I want. True Love. Call me a hopeless romantic, but why can't I have that one pure happy moment?

This is the reason I refuse to accept being alone as an answer. There's always love out there, you just have to look for it. It's scary, as you are going to get hurt along the way, but the ending completely justifies the major snags you hit on the road there.

I can see that being the case, but imagine this for a second: Finding someone who is the best thing that has ever happened to you. You can have a nice conversation with them after a long day, and you two can connect on almost every detail. Obviously you have your differences, as two identical people is just boring, but you accept the differences and move on from that. You support them on their worst day, and they can support you during times that you're down and out. It might sound very unlikely, but that's something that I want. True Love. Call me a hopeless romantic, but why can't I have that one pure happy moment?

This is the reason I refuse to accept being alone as an answer. There's always love out there, you just have to look for it. It's scary, as you are going to get hurt along the way, but the ending completely justifies the major snags you hit on the road there.

I understand the sentiment. I just think there's too much hype around relationships, and that people really don't appreciate how good it is to have the extra time and freedom to devote to themselves, to not have to put up with a significant other's baggage or attitude (especially if they're you know, pretty much insane), and to always have the opportunity to fill that space with someone - even if they're not exactly meeting a lot of people at the time.

As opposed to, you know, the more dramatic stances on the single life. I never appreciated the peace and quiet of it myself until I got away from someone who pressured me to get married and move in at the expense of my education as soon as I turned 18, threw passive-aggressive fits over me saying no, then stalked me online for three years after we broke up (he was married halfway through those three years, btw). Even if your significant other is a fairly normal human being, though, it's still a lot of work to take care of a relationship. Especially if it's long-term, because conflict and getting to know the less flattering side of someone is an unavoidable fact of these relationships.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think people underestimate not only how much goes into keeping a relationship together and how exhausting in every sense of the word a bad relationship can be, but how much they have to their name even when they don't have someone to love. As long as I'm single, that space is free for a great person when they show up. It doesn't bother me that there's currently nobody, because I know how much worse things could be made if the wrong person occupied that space again. Some of the people I've dated make dying single look fantastic.

Last edited:

pirate555

Word.
I guess what I'm saying is that I think people underestimate not only how much goes into keeping a relationship together and how exhausting in every sense of the word a bad relationship can be, but how much they have to their name even when they don't have someone to love. As long as I'm single, that space is free for a great person when they show up. It doesn't bother me that there's currently nobody, because I know how much worse things could be made if the wrong person occupied that space again. Some of the people I've dated make dying single look fantastic.

Could not have put it better. I've been in a long relationship, and although I look back on it as a positive experience and a happy time (unlike the last sentence suggested there), I'm now contentedly single.

I'm not determined to be single all my life; I would quite like to get married, get a house, settle down and such. But unless I can find someone like-minded who I can get along well with through thick and thin, then I think I'd rather settle for being unattached and free to pursue what I choose.Having a significant other can be wonderful but it involves a lot of compromise, which only works out if you've really found the right companion. Being single is certainly preferable to having the wrong companion.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Realizing that a certain someone posted here about 3 days ago, I think I'll share. x:

Yes, I am currently in a relationship with the most amazing best friend. While it is a long-distance one, we're able to handle it pretty well. After all, I've met him on these very forums over three years ago, and that was the most meaningful gift I ever received. What was once a simple friendship grew and strengthened into an inseparable relationship, and we waited until the right time to be together. No matter the distance, we have proven to each other that love knows no boundaries.

However, when one or both of us can afford to travel, we do plan to meet somewhere in the future.

paracelsus

Realizing that a certain someone posted here about 3 days ago, I think I'll share. x:

Yes, I am currently in a relationship with the most amazing best friend. While it is a long-distance one, we're able to handle it pretty well. After all, I've met him on these very forums over three years ago, and that was the most meaningful gift I ever received. What was once a simple friendship grew and strengthened into an inseparable relationship, and we waited until the right time to be together. No matter the distance, we have proven to each other that love knows no boundaries.

However, when one or both of us can afford to travel, we do plan to meet somewhere in the future.

I give u props man. Tried the long-distance thing once, we ended up hu with other people within two weeks. That **** is very hard to make work

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I understand the sentiment. I just think there's too much hype around relationships, and that people really don't appreciate how good it is to have the extra time and freedom to devote to themselves, to not have to put up with a significant other's baggage or attitude (especially if they're you know, pretty much insane), and to always have the opportunity to fill that space with someone - even if they're not exactly meeting a lot of people at the time.

As opposed to, you know, the more dramatic stances on the single life. I never appreciated the peace and quiet of it myself until I got away from someone who pressured me to get married and move in at the expense of my education as soon as I turned 18, threw passive-aggressive fits over me saying no, then stalked me online for three years after we broke up (he was married halfway through those three years, btw). Even if your significant other is a fairly normal human being, though, it's still a lot of work to take care of a relationship. Especially if it's long-term, because conflict and getting to know the less flattering side of someone is an unavoidable fact of these relationships.

I can agree with that. As a person who has been pretty much single for the past 20 years though, I've had a lot of time to devote to myself, and I guess I like to see all the positive sides of a relationship. Granted, some times when I've gotten to the point of being close to a relationship I start to fret not having the ability to go out and have fun with a wide variety of people, but I think that if you find someone who's willing to go out as well with you it'll be even more fun.

It's true though; even though I have yet to put that actual effort in there is some effort and compromise that needs to go into having a relationship. Some of its unpleasant, but I do think that if the person is actually worth it all the compromise in the world will be worth it. It's great though to think about the pros and cons before diving right in though, which I think is what you're getting at. A lot of people today don't think about those things and just want that companionship without all the responsibilities that go with it. It's good to take time to step back and think about it, but when the time comes sometimes you gotta jump in there and take that risk.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I got rejected once, and after that I just went "Meh, screw love" and started focusing on school.
My grades actually got better.
It was even more embarrassing as the guy were a close friend of mine, and still is

Cipher_Admin

Creepy Coney Man :)
No, but I wish I was in a relationship cuz I've been single for too long and it's really bothering me... I will have to hope that 2012 for me will be better than 2011 though.

takbir10

Banned
No, but I wish I was in a relationship cuz I've been single for too long and it's really bothering me... I will have to hope that 2012 for me will be better than 2011 though.

Good luck.
People in my class say i look lonely and i am... i just never knew you would be able to tell...... its getting annoying how i know some people who has been in hundreds of relatoinships.....including some ****s who had thier first kiss when they were 7(7!!!!!!)
i am hopeless