• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ash destined to become a Pokémon Breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
No, Ash has raised/released Pokemon doesn't mean he will be a Breeder.

My prediction for Ash's future:

His pokemon get fed up with being permanently Oak'd and leave him. His friends get fed up with him never maintaining contact and forget about him. Pikachu gets killed along with Jessie, James and Meowth when one of their mechas blows up over an active volcano.

It is then revealed that the entire series has simply been Ash reminiscing about his childhood. The way we find out is that his reminiscing is interrupted by Gary shouting at him that he ordered his cheeseburger and fries with a strawberry milkshake, not a pepsi. The 44 year old Ash sighs heavily and sets about changing the drink before the screen fades to black.

Then come the depressing endings - Cameron fell off a cliff and died, Ash jumped in front of a bus...

Lol. That's very funny, but that won't happen.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
He might as well. He's never going to win a league anyways and I think that he could become a breeder as he could use all the experiences and such from his journeys to help him, along with learning how to cook and such.
Nobody in this show is ever going to achieve their dreams before it ends so might as well just make all of them breeders.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
My Prediction:

Ash - Fails to become Pokemon Master, but he becomes the strongest Pokemon Trainer (League Champion) and the World Traveler (with his Pikachu. And his Pokemon he needs for battles). Marries Serena.
Brock - Becomes the Best Doctor. Marries Nurse Joy.
Misty - Marries Tracey.
Gary - Becomes Kanto's Premier Pokemon Researcher. Marries a woman.
May - Becomes Hoenn's Top Coordinator. Marries Drew.
Max - Becomes Honen's next Normal-Type Gym Leader.
Dawn - Becomes Sinnoh's Top Coordinator. Marries Kenny.
Paul - Becomes Frontier Brain.
Iris - Gets eaten alive by my Lord Rayquaza.. She dies. Becomes a Dragon Master.
Cilan - Marries Burgundy.
Trip - Becomes the Best Photographer.
Cameron - Falls off a cliff and dies. Who knows?
Serena - Becomes the Kalos Queen. Marries Ash and takes care of her child (with Ash).
Clemont - Becomes Kalos' Foremost Inventor. Marries a woman.
Bonnie - Becomes a Pokemon Trainer.
Tierno - Becomes Kalos' Best Dancer.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
How will he become the strongest trainer when he can't even win an official Pokemon League tournament?

I didn't say Ash can't win an official Pokemon League.. Okay, I just edited:
Ash - Fails to become Pokemon Master, but he becomes the strongest Pokemon Trainer (League Champion) and the World Traveler (with his Pikachu.. And his Pokemon he needs for battles).
Becomes League Champion =/= Becomes Pokemon Master

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

I think it all depends on how you class the strongest trainer.

I mean, Ash vs Tobias for example. Every trainer was really strong at the Sinnoh League but out pops a trainer who uses Legendaries. It's not exactly fair - it's essentially saying if you don't have Legendaries you will never be the strongest trainer. Another example: Pikachu vs Mega Lucario - I mean, wow Pikachu won which definetly shows signs of strengths, but had Pikachu lost most people would put it down to "Well of course he lost, it was a Mega Evolution!".

I think the term strongest trainer goes to someone who can truly connect and battle with a Pokemon with brilliant strategies, sure they need to be an extremely powerful trainer - but only when the fighting ground is even. Someone with a Mega and 5 legendaries doesn't deserve to be strongest trainer in my opinion. It's all down to skill.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't say Ash can't win an official Pokemon League.
Becomes League Champion =/= Becomes Pokemon Master

I meant that since he couldn't even surpass all of the strong trainers that he faced at Leagues, that the idea of him suddenly becoming the strongest trainer seems contradictory to me because he obviously isn't close to being the best. :x

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I meant that since he couldn't even surpass all of the strong trainers that he faced at Leagues, that the idea of him suddenly becoming the strongest trainer seems contradictory to me because he obviously isn't close to being the best. :x

He will be the strongest trainer or not, that's my prediction.
If Tobias didn't exist, Ash was able to win the Sinnoh League.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
No, he's destined to become a Master trainer. I consider all members of the Elite 4 and Champions as Master trainers anyway. Heck, if BW continued the progression from DP, Ash might have been approaching that status by now. There's little doubt he'll reach that point by the time he's as old and experienced as the other Elite 4s/Champions.

I eventually expect him to either keep wandering like his father or settle down as a Frontier Brain or Gym Leader.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
No, he's destined to become a Master trainer. I consider all members of the Elite 4 and Champions as Master trainers anyway. Heck, if BW continued the progression from DP, Ash might have been approaching that status by now. There's little doubt he'll reach that point by the time he's as old and experienced as the other Elite 4s/Champions.

I eventually expect him to either keep wandering like his father or settle down as a Frontier Brain or Gym Leader.

Oh, I see. Becoming a Master Trainer makes sense.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

I always envisioned Ash's journey in the show ending with him defeating Lance's Dragonite with Pikachu to become Champion of Kanto but he declines the title (though he's still given rank of Master Trainer or Pokémon Master for his win) stating that there's still so much he has to see and many adventures still to be had and so he goes on a quest, not unlike that of his father Silver, to find Ho-oh while also having new adventures and whatnot.

Lorde

Heck, if BW continued the progression from DP, Ash might have been approaching that status by now.

And he might regress again in the future for all we know. If he keeps taking one step forward and two steps back, then he'll never be a "master trainer."

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer

I mean, Ash vs Tobias for example. Every trainer was really strong at the Sinnoh League but out pops a trainer who uses Legendaries. It's not exactly fair - it's essentially saying if you don't have Legendaries you will never be the strongest trainer. Another example: Pikachu vs Mega Lucario - I mean, wow Pikachu won which definetly shows signs of strengths, but had Pikachu lost most people would put it down to "Well of course he lost, it was a Mega Evolution!".

I think the term strongest trainer goes to someone who can truly connect and battle with a Pokemon with brilliant strategies, sure they need to be an extremely powerful trainer - but only when the fighting ground is even. Someone with a Mega and 5 legendaries doesn't deserve to be strongest trainer in my opinion. It's all down to skill.
I'm pretty sure legendary pokemon are still that, pokemon and therefore are eligible to be captured by trainers just like other pokemon so how exactly is it unfair? Because Ash didn't or refuse to catch one? How do you know that the trainers that employ legendary pokemon and mega pokemon are not skilled or completely attuned with their pokemon exactly?

Sprinter1988

I've come to the conclusion that there was a reason to Tobias other than simply blocking Ash from winning the Sinnoh League.

Back in Gen 4 WiFi battles had just become a thing and over the course of the generation many legendary pokemon ended up getting banned from the WiFi battle scene because certain people would just whip out a team of Darkrai, Mewtwo, Giritina, Palkia, Dialga and Kyogre, all at level 100, all shiny and just plough though anyone and everyone, sucking all the fun out of it in the process. I believe that the writers came up with Tobias to poke fun at the situation - the frustration felt by many viewers at what happened to Ash was an intentional reflection of the frustration of so many players who had gone onto WiFi with their trusty team only to be swept by a team consisting of nothing but legends.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah..... no. He's going to be a Pokemon master when the show ends one day.

If they want a Breeder back, retcon Brock being a doctor. That was horrible.

(And yeah.... he marries Serena)

Lorde

I've come to the conclusion that there was a reason to Tobias other than simply blocking Ash from winning the Sinnoh League.

Back in Gen 4 WiFi battles had just become a thing and over the course of the generation many legendary pokemon ended up getting banned from the WiFi battle scene because certain people would just whip out a team of Darkrai, Mewtwo, Giritina, Palkia, Dialga and Kyogre, all at level 100, all shiny and just plough though anyone and everyone, sucking all the fun out of it in the process. I believe that the writers came up with Tobias to poke fun at the situation - the frustration felt by many viewers at what happened to Ash was an intentional reflection of the frustration of so many players who had gone onto WiFi with their trusty team only to be swept by a team consisting of nothing but legends.

I find it more likely that he simply used Darkrai and Latios because it was a fast and realistic way for Ash to lose at that point.

nickdt

The Strongest Trainer is Ash. No doubt about that. He was the only one able to take two of Tobias legendarys down (He is a cheater, cause he uses them). Ash also beat a cheating Dragonite and had to take down a Regice, to be allowed to become a Frontier Brain.

Lorde

He was the only one able to take two of Tobias legendarys down (He is a cheater, cause he uses them).

Tobias didn't "cheat." Legendaries are allowed at Leagues. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The Strongest Trainer is Ash. No doubt about that. He was the only one able to take two of Tobias legendarys down (He is a cheater, cause he uses them). Ash also beat a cheating Dragonite and had to take down a Regice, to be allowed to become a Frontier Brain.

Ash can't even win against E4 members so how is he the strongest.

Status
Not open for further replies.