• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ash destined to become a Pokémon Breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blob

Is Ash destined to become a Pokémon Breeder?

Ash has raised and released six Pokémon (Butterfree*2, Pidgeot, Lapras, Vivillon and Goodra), as well as hatched three Pokémon Eggs (Phanpy, Larvitar and Scraggy). Having that much experience raising Pokémon that way doesn't seem normal for an average trainer.

Ash may not be able to cook nor is he that good at bringing supplies, but he seems to be able to make strong bonds with otherwise weak Pokémon and let them reach their potential. True, he needed help with Gliscor and Charizard, but he can't be perfect right off the bat. Also, having good movesets isn't exactly his forté.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No imo. He barely raises them at all, and some of his Pokemon seem to develop more when they're not with him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He might as well. He's never going to win a league anyways and I think that he could become a breeder as he could use all the experiences and such from his journeys to help him, along with learning how to cook and such.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
He'd probably do a better job at breeding lol.

But he's gonna become one.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Out of the six you mention, he barely put any effort into those at all.
- Butterfree: Evolved when Ash barely did any training with it, almost straight off the bat and it evolved because it clearly had a dream.
- Second Butterfree: I refuse to watch this nonsense called Da...
- Pidgeot: Nobody, nobody has ever seen Ash train Pidgeotto. NEVER. Despite it getting a few wins in gyms. Also for some reason never fought in the Indigo League.
- Lapras: It wasn't raised even a bit, but in all fairness, Ash never trained it and thus it left with the same skillset it had before, but perhaps a bit more confidence.
- Vivillon: Evolved in Spewpa when Ash did what? Evolved into Vivillon in a situation where Ash was fighting Diggersby with Froakie when Spewpa jumped in and evolved.
- Goodra: Ash showed it how to fight, true - but it evolved because it needed to become stronger to overcome its trauma and its Messiah-complex had more to do with it.

If you want to talk about raising anything properly.. I think we'd have to look at Sceptile and Infernape for better choices.

ShadowForce720

I expect him to become one whenever the writers decide to end his story for good, since after all, it has been his goal since this whole ride started.

His goal is to become a Pokémon Master not a Pokémon Breeder and before you bring up Brock who wind up deciding to become a Pokémon Doctor instead, him wanting to become a Pokémon Doctor was hinted at and became more obvious when he got Happiny and the reason why some people were surprise is that they didn't notice the hints. While in Ash's case he is currently in Kalos and has been through 5 regions so far (6 if you count Orange Islands being a separate region) and during all this time nothing has really hinted at Ash wanting to become a Breeder if anything has been hinted at it's that he wants to become a pokemon master or at the very least win the Champion league and become Champion.

blob

- Pidgeot: Nobody, nobody has ever seen Ash train Pidgeotto. NEVER. Despite it getting a few wins in gyms. Also for some reason never fought in the Indigo League.

Pidgeotto was used in more battles than Squirtle and 'otto only fought in one Gym and lost.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
His goal is to become a Pokémon Master not a Pokémon Breeder and before you bring up Brock who wind up deciding to become a Pokémon Doctor instead, him wanting to become a Pokémon Doctor was hinted at and became more obvious when he got Happiny and the reason why some people were surprise is that they didn't notice the hints. While in Ash's case he is currently in Kalos and has been through 5 regions so far (6 if you count Orange Islands being a separate region) and during all this time nothing has really hinted at Ash wanting to become a Breeder if anything has been hinted at it's that he wants to become a pokemon master or at the very least win the Champion league and become Champion.

Whoops! I read the thread title wrong! Deleted my post due to that. Never mind! Forget what I said! Please!

But ANYWAY. I don't see him becoming a breeder. I think that someday, just maybe he'll complete his real goal, most likely when the writers decide to end his story for good.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Pidgeotto was used in more battles than Squirtle and 'otto only fought in one Gym and lost.

If you try to correct me, then at least get your facts straight.

1. I never said Pidgeotto wasn't used in a lot of battles, so I don't see the need to bring up Squirtle's horrid track-record.

2. "Otto" fought in FOUR gyms (Pewter, Cerulean, Fuschia and Viridian), beat Misty's Starmie and has beaten Giovanni's stock Rhydon.

If you don't know your stuff, then don't pose as if you do. Glad to see you ignored the point though, the point being that Ash never RAISED or TRAINED Pidgeotto. He just fought with it and let it pop balloons.

Haunter ゴースト

No, he's a trainer who's been doing any normal thing a person with Pokemon would do. If a Pokemon wants to go off with a partner, the person naturally should let their Pokemon do it. If a Pokemon is needed to protect it's friends, the person should let their Pokemon go and do it.

Just because Ash has raised and released Pokemon doesn't mean he will be a breeder.

Assuming you hold your breath underwater, does that mean your 'destined' to become a fish?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
H to the E to the double L no.

KKS-Lapras

- /Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: Also for some reason never fought in the Indigo League.

I'd like to point something out to you, since you and others occasionally bring this up. Ash had intended to use Pidgeotto against Ritchie, we know that, because of the rules of the match, and which Pokemon Ash had on hand before he was pulled away by Team Rocket. Pidgeotto was then used to not only battle Team Rocket, but also take Ash back to the League match. It was shown to be exhausted, it couldn't be used. Every time someone posts about Pidgeotto not being used in the League, it's such a misguided conversation.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
He might as well. He's never going to win a league anyways and I think that he could become a breeder as he could use all the experiences and such from his journeys to help him, along with learning how to cook and such.

Sad but true. I can't exactly see him being a breeder but then again Gold in the manga wouldn't exactly fit the bill either so I guess its not impossible

p96822

Evolve me please
Out of the six you mention, he barely put any effort into those at all.
- Butterfree: Evolved when Ash barely did any training with it, almost straight off the bat and it evolved because it clearly had a dream.
- Second Butterfree: I refuse to watch this nonsense called Da...
- Lapras: It wasn't raised even a bit, but in all fairness, Ash never trained it and thus it left with the same skillset it had before, but perhaps a bit more confidence.
- Vivillon: Evolved in Spewpa when Ash did what? Evolved into Vivillon in a situation where Ash was fighting Diggersby with Froakie when Spewpa jumped in and evolved.
- Goodra: Ash showed it how to fight, true - but it evolved because it needed to become stronger to overcome its trauma and its Messiah-complex had more to do with it.

If you want to talk about raising anything properly.. I think we'd have to look at Sceptile and Infernape for better choices.

Viviion and Butterfree 2 wasn't his Pokemon to begin with
Lapras was more of a plot device
Goodra learn from Ash how to be brave and show it true strength
Pigeot and Butterfree didn't get that much screen time or got screwed in battles (Butterfree Misty, Koga Pigetto)

jrizza88

Meteorite
No, no, no and more no. Just because he has yet to win a league does not mean this will be his destiny. He is a young traveling kid who will become the Red of the anime when the series is about to end, or if they finally decide to give him some closure as a main character of the series.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The ending to Brandon battle made it pretty clear that Ash's love for adventure precedes his other preferences. Since Pokémon Breeding is largely a stable job, much like becoming a Gym Leader it is not a role Ash can handle.

In fact, I would also argue against him becoming an Elite Four or Champion, but we have seen that both titles grant a great amount of mobility unlike Breeder or Gym Leader, so I'm going to touch that. Even then I would be skeptical of the E4 title, since that seems to require a larger loyalty to your respective region than Champion title(which is kind of hilarious considering that most Champions are basically the highest political power in their region in the animé-verse).

That said, an argument can be made for it, considering his parental relationship with his Pokémon, but I think Lorde and Locormus both pointed out a big few holes in that as well.

He could be a good pikachu breeder...
Well, his Pikachu is actually more mature than him(which is also true for most of the signature Pokémon of most characters, not just Ash), so that's kind of an issue.

As for becoming that other kind of breeder, his Pikachu is mostly asexual so that wouldn't work either.

Sprinter1988

My prediction for Ash's future:

His pokemon get fed up with being permanently Oak'd and leave him. His friends get fed up with him never maintaining contact and forget about him. Pikachu gets killed along with Jessie, James and Meowth when one of their mechas blows up over an active volcano.

It is then revealed that the entire series has simply been Ash reminiscing about his childhood. The way we find out is that his reminiscing is interrupted by Gary shouting at him that he ordered his cheeseburger and fries with a strawberry milkshake, not a pepsi. The 44 year old Ash sighs heavily and sets about changing the drink before the screen fades to black.

Then starts a montage of what happened to everyone else, starting with the happy endings, such as Misty went on to become a member of the Kanto Elite Four and married Tracey, May became Hoenn's top co-ordinator and married Drew, Dawn became Sinnoh's top co-ordinator and married Kenny. Iris became Unova's champion and married Georgia (Unova's new Ice type gym leader). Serena became Kalos' greatest what-ever-it-is-she-does and marries Clemont (Kalos' foremost inventor), Gary married one of his cheerleaders and became Kanto's premier pokemon researcher and Viridian City's Gym Leader. Paul became new leader of the Frontier Brains. Cilan married Burgundy and they tour the world as conno-whatevers.

Then come the depressing endings - Cameron fell off a cliff and died, Ash jumped in front of a bus...

blob

If you try to correct me, then at least get your facts straight.

1. I never said Pidgeotto wasn't used in a lot of battles, so I don't see the need to bring up Squirtle's horrid track-record.

2. "Otto" fought in FOUR gyms (Pewter, Cerulean, Fuschia and Viridian), beat Misty's Starmie and has beaten Giovanni's stock Rhydon.

If you don't know your stuff, then don't pose as if you do. Glad to see you ignored the point though, the point being that Ash never RAISED or TRAINED Pidgeotto. He just fought with it and let it pop balloons.

I swear I read somewhere that Pidgeotto was only in one Gym. It's been a while since I saw the older episodes and it might have been something else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.