• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ash Getting Too Capture Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
You people are forgetting that Ash's goal is to become the world's greatest Pokemon Master. What that means is he catches them all (or tries...).

Um, they gave up on the Catch them all slogan ages ago, that is not his goal, or they would've give him at least a bit more in previous regions. And no, he is not getting "Too Capture Happy".

Aquanova

No he should keep capturing Pokemon. This is a first for him, and frankly I enjoy seeing him get all these pokemon so they should continue writing the show that way.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
This is what he should be doing all along!
Because what does a good triner that wants to expand his reserves do?
CATCH SOME FREAKING POKEYMANZ!

George~©

All Gravy
To be fair, ash will probably end up releasing many a few of his pokemon, or 'Leaving them for special training', as per usual.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think this is a good thrend. I have caught almost all of the Pokemon and I use each set for different things. If I can do it, Ash can. Forget character development!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
To be fair, ash will probably end up releasing many a few of his pokemon, or 'Leaving them for special training', as per usual.

By usual you mean 1 time since Johto?.

He is doing what he is doing for the first time, ROTATING, no need to release them or give any pokemon to anyone.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
By usual you mean 1 time since Johto?.

He is doing what he is doing for the first time, ROTATING, no need to release them or give any pokemon to anyone.

I agree, capturing more does not mean he will release more. Also, it still doesn't mean that some can't be released, hopefully they don't. But lets see if Palpitoad gets rotated like Swadloon and Tranquill do.

This is a first for him

First for him? This is not a first. It has been a while since he has got this many in a series though.

pokefandt

Not at all, this gives the writers the chance to avoid the situation that happened in Hoenn and the Ever Grande tournament, with Ash using the EXACT same team for 3 full battles in a row.

shac

I am happy with Ash catching many pokemon as long as he does not start releasing them. The current team is almost a duplicate of the original team:
Three starters - three starters
Butterfree - swadloon
primape - scraggy
kingler - palpitoad
pidgeot - tranquill
muk - whatever is coming next

I just hope that tranquil and scraggy are not released in the end.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
please,
he finally catches a decent amount and u get this crap.
Ash's main team stays in there, true,
but 3 of the non 'main team' are allready evolved,
and krokorok is training on it's own off-screan ans also evolved allready.
I don't see the problem, especially since he'll need a few more for the league anyway.
Since he'll probably end up in the finals this time = one more team needed = more pokemon needed.
I wouldn't mind ash catching a few more pokemon.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
I think that little jerk needs to get out there and capture moar

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
I dont think he is at all capturing too many pokemon. I think its a nice refreshing change. Also, there's more excitement. If this were any other season, we would pretty much be saying "Okay, Ash has Pikachu, a Fire, Water, Grass, Flyer and a filler. Now they need to evolve" and maybe get blown away by a release or trade. But now, we are on our toes, wondering who he will catch next, when his remaining pokemon will evolve, and even "why is he catching so many?"
I love it, the writers are doing a great job!

And im sure there will be some Krabbys and Tauros in there, but i still like where this is going.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I love the fact that he's capturing more Pokemon and rotating his team around.

It was way boring to see him use the same 6 Pokemon he caught for the whole season, so a little diversity is welcome.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I agree that this is what Ash should've been doing all along. Gary told him back then when he caught Krabby and then he just forgot lol.

firepokemontrainer

I love how Ash is doing this. His capture of Pidove was his first intended capture since the second gen. What I mean by "intended capture" is a Pokemon that he wanted to catch from the start and caught in battle without bonding with it beforehand. Remember the last two generations:
Taillow: Pikachu kept zapping it, but it kept getting up. Ash only wanted it to go away; but Brock told him he should just catch it if he wants the battle to end.
Treecko: Ash spent an episode bonding with it, yadda yadda yadda, and it agreed to let him catch it after he became impressed with its power.
Corphish: Another nuisance capture. It was constantly terrorizing the beach, so Ash caught it to stop it from doing that.
Torkoal: Ash helped it fight those Steel-types that were tormenting it, so when he left it insisted that he let it come with him.
Snorunt: Ash played along when it was playing keep-away with his badges, so it decided it liked him and wanted to go with him.
Aipom: Another nuisance capture. It followed him and challenged him to more than one battle anyway, so Ash figured out that it wanted to go with him.
Starly: Another nuisance capture. Ash was in a hurry to get to Pikachu, but Starly was in the way, so instead of waiting for Aipom to KO it he decided to save time and catch it.
Turtwig: Ash made friends with it and saved it from TR, so it decided to go with him.
Chimchar: Pity capture. He saw how crushed Chimchar was about being released, so he asked it to go with him.
Gligar: It kept coming back to him again and again until Brock finally suggested the idea that it was doing that because it liked Ash and wanted to go with him.
Gible: Followed them after its debut episode was over, and then Dawn guessed that it was because Gible liked Ash, so Ash decided to catch it.

See, two gens in a row where all of the Pokemon he got were either caught to get them off the guys' backs or recruited after making it perfectly obvious that they wanted to be caught by Ash.

Your forgetting that Heracross and Chikorita were nuisance captures since they both wanted to go with Ash.

Oshawott in a way was a nuisance capture by your standards since it wanted to go with Ash. Tepig of course also chose to go with Ash after all that Ash did for it with caring for it when no other trainer would.

Anyway, the way I see it is that we have a new beginning for the anime, where the writers are taking the best concepts from earlier series and making one awesome series. Look at the facts:

From Kanto: Ash is catching pokemon for the sake of catching new pokemon that he's never really been too close to before.Plus there's the fact that he has 2 new friends as opposed to it being him and brock plus a new girl.

From Hoenn: A new start for him and Pikachu, meeting new pokemon to add to his already growing collection of friends.

From Sinnoh: Early rivals for Ash, well planned storylines (Iris' backstory is pretty much being fleshed out), Ash training pokemon to overcome their difficulties.

I think this is the best thing for Ash as a trainer.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Ash is a Pokemon trainer. Pokemon trainers catch Pokemon. It's what we do. So no, Ash is not getting too capture happy. In fact, this is an improvement. The writers are finally starting to make Ash catch unexpected Pokemon for no apparent reason once more, and I'm loving it! And hopefully, he's just getting started, what with the recurring Krokorok (even though we haven't seen it since it evolved), and his upcoming attempt to catch Roggenrola (I personally am rooting for Ash's success here).

TehLulzMastur

I'm really not sure. On one hand, I'm happy that we won't be stuck with the same Pokemon for the entire Generation *Cough* Sinnoh *Cough*, and on the other hand, it seems like a stupid way to showcase new Pokemon, since we already have Iris, Cilan, Trip and Team Rocket to spread things out.

shady56

Blazing With Heart
And hopefully, he's just getting started, what with the recurring Krokorok (even though we haven't seen it since it evolved), and his upcoming attempt to catch Roggenrola (I personally am rooting for Ash's success here).

im rooting too im very happy he is catching more im a little unsure though if he will catch SG Krokorok that is just what i think though

thunderblade12

Every time a saga does something new, it kind of makes you wonder what the previous generations would have looked like if they were handled the exact same way. Or if they were remade with the newest saga as a model.

This would have been nice:

Kanto: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Primeape, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Muk, Kingler, Tauros, Snorlax, Lapras, Cubone, Drowzee

Johto: Pikachu, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Bayleef, Hoothott->Noctowl, Heracross, Donphan, Evil Teddiursa, Larvitar, Quagsire

Hoenn: Pikachu, Sceptile, Mudkip, Camerupt, Glalie, Swellow, Hariyama, Grumpig, Absol, Flygon

Sinnoh: Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible, Cranidos, Skuntank, Ambipom, Staraptor, Dusknoir

Status
Not open for further replies.