1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ash the anime counterpart of some of the male game protagonists? Not only Red.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by horrahforyou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Well-Known Member

With an exception of Ethan, Brendan and Nate.

Yes, Ash is originally based on Red from the games.

As he travels a new region (since Sinnoh) his new outfit somehow familiar from what male game protagonist design, with a little changes.

This applies first during Diamond and Pearl saga whereas he wore a jacket similar to Lucas minus the scarf with different hat.

His BW even though his jacket color is different to Hilbert's, his frontal design was close his.

His XY was pretty obvious. His jacket color and design looks exactly like Calem's while his hat is similar to Red's FRLG hat.

SM is like the most obvious.

And if the opposite gender has an interaction with the player such as a friend / rival, she will appears on the anime as a travelling companion (May, Dawn and Serena).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. Ignition

Ignition Meltan is the only good aspect of LGPE

He takes inspiration from their clothes but that's really it. There's no distinct personality from Gold-Sun's main characters because they're not NPCs like Red. Plus we've seen most of them in movie openings.

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

The only thing he has that connects him to the male protagonists is that he isn't native to Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola much like Brendan, Calem, and Sun
    Other than that, no. He's just a more interesting version of Red who steals the new male protagonist's clothes every new generation

There's really no excuse why the males apart from Red(Who Ash is based off of) and Jimmy(Gold) haven't gotten roles, I'm quite sick of it really.

keepitsimple and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  4. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Well-Known Member

Looking forward to have Ash wore original outfit during Gen 8 and this break the tradition of copying whoever male protagonist's outfit in the future

I mean the creators made an original outfit for Ash during AG series and didn't copy Brendan's outfit. Then why not

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Agreed on both.

To be honest, I've been wanting the male player character to become one of Ash's companions ever since the days of the original GS when I saw Gold's design. I do hope generation 8 will finally change that.

Same here. I've found his AG outfit to be a lot better than Brendan's clothes. Not to mention they match fairly well with RS Brendam and Emerald May lol

6. Litleonid

Litleonid Well-Known Member

His series outfits only really take inspiration from those worn by the male protagonists in the games and that's about it.