• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ash's Krookodile overrated?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Krookodile was great and I like it's personality and those sweet sun glasses. Just sad it joined Ash a bit to late and due to the BW gym quest rush the it became some spotlight in battling only a couple of months before the league.

How about a more relevant topic for the times:

Is (Ash-)Greninja overrated?

Based on how the writer portrayed Greninja and his Ash-form, I wouldn't even say yes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Underrated, yes. He is one of Ash's best Pokemon, and the best battler in the series. I was about to drop Best Wishes until I saw he'd be getting Krokorok finally, he was so cool and unique rather than the rehashed personalities some of the Unova mons had. Him and Snivy had the most unique.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If you really want someone overrated during Krookodile's run, it was that pesky little otter constantly shoving his face around.

Meanwhile, sharing the underrated spot with Krookodile was Snivy... Did she even get a new move? (And to boot, her backstory was practically given to Froakie and exploited).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't think it was honestly. I don't think it was underrated either.
How about a more relevant topic for the times:

Is (Ash-)Greninja overrated?

Yes it is along with Goodra and Noivern imo.

Ash-Pikachu

Yes it is along with Goodra and Noivern imo.

I don't think they are or at least, Novern isn't. Noivern actually had splendid performances and was always illustrated to have battled valiantly and shamelessly before being defeated. The only opponents he's lost to were those who had an advantage against him and even Noivern managed to make such a victory an arduous task for them.

As for the topic, I don't think Krookodile is given that it's generally rated below the likes of Charizard, Infernape, Greninja, Pikachu, Sceptile, Snorlax, Swellow, etc.

Ilikepiex7

If you really want someone overrated during Krookodile's run, it was that pesky little otter constantly shoving his face around.

Meanwhile, sharing the underrated spot with Krookodile was Snivy... Did she even get a new move? (And to boot, her backstory was practically given to Froakie and exploited).

Snivy never got more then 4 moves she was done getting moves 3 episodes after her capture

Krookodile is solid tier 2 mon that's not really that overrated

Goodra is crazy overrated some people put that thing in Ash's top 3 best pokemon mostly thanks that one image of it having that 100% win percentage and it's base stats

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well Krookodile has never once been shown fainting on scream since it's final evolution. It also tanked Meloetta's Hyper Voice and was about to land Dragon Claw before the battle got interrupted. Personally I'd say it's high tier 2 and Ash's #7 based on the writers acknowledging it. As for Heracross, being portrayed as on par with Swellow in vs Spencer (Scott notes that Venasaur was weakened and Venasaur was panting when Swellow entered the battle yet despite this Swellow was so exhausted after beating Venasaur that it easily got revenged killed by Claydol without dealing any damage) and being able to actually match a near League sweeping Darkrai from a power standpoint is enough for it to be a high tier 2 in my book.

Luthor

For me the biggest issue for Krookodile has isn't necessarily it's strength but the fact that they never really solved it's weakness regarding it becoming timid without it's sunglasses. If it still has that weakness it probably would make it easier to beat.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
In an Anime where we don't have official power rankings, it was mentioned by the producers themselves to be ~ on the same level as the other regional powerhouses at the end of XYZ. If Charizard didn't return, I think Krookodile would've more feats. I rank it above base Infernape and Snorlax, and beneath Blazefernape, Sceptile, Charizard, Greninja and Pikachu.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
It is a bit overrated but not as badly as Base Greninja, Goodra, Hawlucha, Base Infernape, Sceptile or Charizard (Doesn't mean the Pokemon I listed are weak but they tend to get their feats blown out too much)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I'd actually wager that its either perfectly rated or underratred. Virtually everyone places it around the likes of Heracross, Glalie, Swellow, etc... a tier below the GPCISS. If there should be arguments for overrated it would most likely involve those in the GPCISS group.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Uh, how? He's considered by most fans to be Ash's toughest BW era Pokemon. That's the opposite of underrated.

You could say Whis from DBS is the toughest opponent ever and yet say he doesn't show up enough to be called overrated.

While Krookodile is probably the strongest one of the Unova team, we don't know for sure because he hasn't fought that much yet. Hence why he's underrated.

Oshawott is the entire opposite. Completely overrated in how much we see the thing but extremely weak when it comes to battles against monsters Krookodile is better off fighting.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
You could say Whis from DBS is the toughest opponent ever and yet say he doesn't show up enough to be called overrated.

While Krookodile is probably the strongest one of the Unova team, we don't know for sure because he hasn't fought that much yet. Hence why he's underrated.

Oshawott is the entire opposite. Completely overrated in how much we see the thing but extremely weak when it comes to battles against monsters Krookodile is better off fighting.

Oshawott is not really overrated. Many people tend to agree it hogged too much screentime and didn't offer much returns.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Uh, how? He's considered by most fans to be Ash's toughest BW era Pokemon. That's the opposite of underrated.

I don't see anybody using Krookodile in matches. All is like Charizard, Infernape. But spotlight is on Greninja. Greninja is Ash's the most overrated Pokemon and most wanked one.( last one at least on here)

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Ash's most overrated pokemon
1.Pikachu(Having an absurd power boost to defeat a much stronger pokemon when plot demands it despite not going through the proper development to achieve that feat.)

2.Greninja(Gets a power boost in Ash-Greninja that allows it rival those with Mega Evolution,but people have taken it too far as to say it's elite four/champion level just because of its match with Diantha's Gardevoir and Alain's Charizard at the Lumiose Conference,outside of Ash-Greninja it's behind Ash's Charizard,Sceptile,Infernape,and Snorlax at least in my opinion.)

3.Infernape(I've heard people say that it's Ash's strongest pokemon or strongest fire type,the only problem is that its best showings were against Volkner's Luxray and Paul's Electivire,in all of those moments its ability Blaze activated which allowed it to triumph over both of those opponents.Outside of Blaze it's no better than Ash's Sceptile/Snorlax and behind Charizard in the power department.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash's most overrated pokemon
1.Pikachu(Having an absurd power boost to defeat a much stronger pokemon when plot demands it despite not going through the proper development to achieve that feat.)

2.Greninja(Gets a power boost in Ash-Greninja that allows it rival those with Mega Evolution,but people have taken it too far as to say it's elite four/champion level just because of its match with Diantha's Gardevoir and Alain's Charizard at the Lumiose Conference,outside of Ash-Greninja it's behind Ash's Charizard,Sceptile,Infernape,and Snorlax at least in my opinion.)

3.Infernape(I've heard people say that it's Ash's strongest pokemon or strongest fire type,the only problem is that its best showings were against Volkner's Luxray and Paul's Electivire,in all of those moments its ability Blaze activated which allowed it to triumph over both of those opponents.Outside of Blaze it's no better than Ash's Sceptile/Snorlax and behind Charizard in the power department.

Goodra should be added to that list as well.