• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Battle Frontier Too Hard?

LuciRuki

Born This Way
I had the game since it came out, and I still have'nt earn a silver symbol... Do you think that gamefreak went too far in the Battle Frontier making it just too hard? Plus 3 Regis? Legendaries? Too hard. I mean the trainers alone beat me...

-Discuss
-;386;

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
No way, what kind of movesets and what Pokemon do you have??? It's not THAT hard. Have you tried breeding???

LuciRuki

Born This Way
No way, what kind of movesets and what Pokemon do you have??? It's not THAT hard. Have you tried breeding???

Sceptile Lv. 81, Cut, Quick Attack, Strength, Leaf Blade. What do you mean by breeding?

~;386;

LocK

Pwner

Jorah

What do I put here?
You can use legendaries in the Battle Frontier except from Kyorgre, Groudon and Rayquaza. Mewtwo, anyone? Nah, I use my party Pokemon. I've had my game since May and I've only got 2 symbols, but that's because I've had to restart my game about 3 times. Its kind of annoying that you have to go through them about 4 or 5 times but its quite fun really, especially the Battle Factory. I've only got the Luck and Knowledge symbol. I'm trying to do the Battle Dome at the moment but I keep losing on my 3rd time round...the furthest I've got is the 4th. But that's because my party aren't at level 60 yet.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Sceptile Lv. 81, Cut, Quick Attack, Strength, Leaf Blade

Well there's your answer. To be blunt, your move set sucks. If you want help on move sets just PM me cause I can't give them to you here. This section isn't the place. What they mean by breeding is breeding for egg moves, natures, IVs, and Ev training. Those make a HUGE difference on your success in the BF

The Regis are not that bad if you take out their weaknesses, bring a ground type and you can easily deal with 'em...

Nah, the Battle Frontier is indeed the most-difficult portion of the pkmn games, yet it really serves what I assume is its purpose--to raise the difficulty level. It almost forces you to breed for some reliable egg moves and EV train your pkmn to get the most out of their stats. It also can change player's mindsets about playing altogether (like no more of the movesets like below):
Charizard:
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Slash

See the problem with that moveset? Also, you have to specialize your pkmns' stats for their abilities, why carry a level 50 Zangoose with 89 Sp.Atk stats when it knows no special attacks?

Oh, this probably belongs in the RSE forum...
EDIT: I am not sure whether/not my report went in...

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Oh, this probably belongs in the RSE forum...
EDIT: I am not sure whether/not my report went in...

Sorry, not thinking today... usually knows where to post things :( Gahh, can a mod move this please. Thanks.

Also I think the BF should have set levels like gym leaders instead of matching your type. Would make it a hell of a lot easier. And to not repeat the whole challenge again if you lose.

~;386;

Sorry, not thinking today... usually knows where to post things :( Gahh, can a mod move this please. Thanks.

Also I think the BF should have set levels like gym leaders instead of matching your type. Would make it a hell of a lot easier. And to not repeat the whole challenge again if you lose.

~;386;

It does...50 or Open. that is not that bad, plus, uit would be harder if they were below 50, as GameFreak would program the opposing pkmn to have the best possible EVs for that level, and chances are your pkmn would not come anywhere close--unless you breed it from level five...
Besides, the whole challenge is to keep on winning. It is a pain, though. What I really do not like it the unfair advantage the opponents get. I almost won my sixth silver symbol once, the Guts, but my Camerupt hurt itself in its confusion. Had that not happened, I would have gotten that symbol...then I have to waste another hour getting back to try again...oh, and I better not start on how muhc I hate Guillotine...

~Ero Oyagi~

I get haxed sooo much on the BF, but I have all the gold symbols except one. My advice is to train all the Pokémon you are going to use up to Lv.100 and give them decent movesets while doing so. And some EV training would be really useful. If it's still to hard, then either your strategy needs a serious makeover or you don't have the patience to beat all those trainers :)

Fighting Dark Man

Everyone's Nightmare
It's very stupid that the Regis are used by the Pyramid King and you can't even use them. Um, that's not fair. And you know, sometimes I wonder if the game cheats to make me lose. I do things that would allow me to win and it doesn't seem right that I lost.

LocK

Pwner
a good strategy for battle frontier, that trainers often use, is to lay your, or a friends, ball bag across your games console screen and tap A repeatedly. Although be careful using this method it can be harmful to you and others around you.

miraiyouko

Eevee Trainer
Okay, ignoring Post #14...

Anyway, I'm still having trouble getting any of the symbols, but I'm not giving up! I'm training my Pokemon to lv 100 (they're in the 80-90s now), and then I think I'll have a better chance of winning. I hate the Pyramid the most- it's evil incarnate!

Vycksta

To be honest, I enjoy the Battle Frontier. I loved beating Tucker with Fai-Miroke the Sneasel and Liniyear the Starmie. However beware of the hax. Seriously... OHKOs seem to have their own rule in the Battle Frontier.

So naw, I don't find it difficult. It makes you think. ;D

Fighting Dark Man

Everyone's Nightmare
a good strategy for battle frontier, that trainers often use, is to lay your, or a friends, ball bag across your games console screen and tap A repeatedly. Although be careful using this method it can be harmful to you and others around you.

Okay, I'll try that.
*goes to play Emerald*
Ow, great, I ain't getting any tonight. Thanks alot, Lock.

battay

lol at you
i think getting battle points is too hard!!! you battle like 20 times... and u get 1 point... and all the stuff u can buy with ur points is like 64 points.. sometimes even over 100!!