• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Beldum from Shinou or Hoenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red1062

So Cool
is beldum a native to shinou or hoenn? u can catch him in shinou but u first meet him in hoenn

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
It's native to Hoenn because thats where it was first introduced.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Remember, Steven travels ALL over the WORLD in seach of rare stones. He could have gone to shinou and found him a beldum...

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Its native to hoenn people. You can find wild eevee in shinou, but does that make it native to shinou? No. Eevee is native to kanto, beldum is native to hoenn.

BugLoverCody

Drowns in Cultness
I think Beldum is native to Shinou, but was just introduced in the Hoenn saga. Well, cannot be sure though, just using my imagination...

Red1062

So Cool
Its native to hoenn people. You can find wild eevee in shinou, but does that make it native to shinou? No. Eevee is native to kanto, beldum is native to hoenn.

so maybe eevee is native to shinou i mean arent pokemon native to the land u capture them

Burnt Naetoru

Beldum:Number 374. Its a Hoenn Pokemon.

Tibris

Personally I think Beldum is native to Shinou. You can catch him there, and if I remember correctly the letter says Steven found it whilst traveling the world, meaning he might've found it in Shinou and was like "OMG, i've never seen this before, i'ma take it home with me" and it told steven it loved him and came with him...*Nods sagely*

RoboRaph

If you define "native to" as meaning caught in the wild, then:

Beldum is native to Shinoh as is probably Tyrogue and the Hitmons, we've never been able to catch them previously in the wild.

Jynx would be native to Johto and Mr. Mime would be native to Kanto as you could catch them in GSC in those regions.

But really we don't know, noone can say for sure where they are native to.

"L"

You do realise that you can catch all non legend and non starter pokemon in Sinnoh.

Mr. Mime cant be caught in the wild in Kanto, does that mean its native to Sinnoh too?

Beldum is in the Hoenn Regional dex, therefore it is native to Hoenn. Then again it might be like Rotomu and just recently found native of Sinnoh. Maybe Beldum are Extinct in Hoenn.

I really dont count Swarm, Poketore, or GBA slot pokemon to be native to Sinnoh.(I think beldum is Swarm Pokemon)

But the fact that you can catch him there is really a bad reason though, cause you can catch nearly all the wild pokemon there.

You cant catch Jynx in the wild in Kanto but it is probably native there.

Anyways heres may theory, beldum is native to both, but Beldum in Hoenn are just too rare to find in the wild.

I just go by dex number, and since the new evolution of Pokemon arent in any regional dex, I'll just assume that they are native to where there pre evo lives. Besides maybe Beldum Migrate and thats why you catch it in Swarms. It is a floating metal ball with an arm.

Yes my theory now is that Beldum originate from Hoenn, but they migrate around the country and land in the Sinnoh region to rest.(The fact that its called the regional and National dex makes me think that kanto, johto, hoenn, and Sinnoh are regions of a larger country)

Last edited:

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
The starters are always from the region of their game. Thats why when you recieve a starter from another region in Emmerald for example, they are referred as exotic pokemon.

Chimecho3000

Definitely Hoenn, Beldum isn't even part of the Sinnoh Dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.