• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is believing Ash will win the Sinnoh League Hopeless Now?

Vernikova

Champion
i would say he does have a better chance thanks to pikachu anyway coz like in all leagues and new regions he dont have any of his most powerful pokemon coz he dumps them to start new and the only reason he won the battle frontier was coz he had all his old (original) and most powerful pokemon like charizard who is a total legend by the way and i personally think tht charizard would be ash's only hope to win against the elite four

my opinion anyway, sorry i rambled abit lol but it is all true lol

You can't really say that he would win the Sinnoh League if he brought back his older Pokémon. You have to remember that he lost the Silver Coference even though he had Pokémon like Charizard on his team.

Ludicodaniel

<-If only it was red
Well, there is no hope for Ash to win, he will never win a region torunerment, until the series ends.

However, I do see Ash getting to top 4, why, he gets further every time.

Kanto: Top 16
Johto: Top 8 (Lost to Harrison, who did not win)
Hoenn: Top 8 (Lost to eventual Champion. Would have won if Metagross hadn't been unerly powerful and taken out 2 of Ash's pokemon, and worn out Pikachu)
Sinnoh: Top 4?

You can't really say that he would win the Sinnoh League if he brought back his older Pokémon. You have to remember that he lost the Silver Coference even though he had Pokémon like Charizard on his team.

im not sayin that but his previous pokemon like charizard and some others continue to get stronger even when their not with him and havin his strongest pokemon from all his previous adventures would make him a much better trainer on the whole his tendancy to use his newer weaker pokemon is anoying concidering it would give him a higher chance to go use his older pokemon coz they have had greater fighting experiance but the kicker is tht in all the series's upto now and including this one ash finds real strong wild pokemon kicks their ***'s and then leaves them their for god sake he chooses the weaklings over the stronger ones damn him THROW A FREAKIN POKEBALL FOR ONCE U HAT WEARIN ***!!!!!!!

(rambled again sorry lol)

also to be more anoyin ash never learns from his mistakes i mean for example all these years dealin with team rocket he still trys thunder bolt to set pikachu free i mean they have clearly learned (even if it is in smallest amount) but ash never thinks "hmmmm it is prob resistant to electric ill try iron tail" but no his one track mind just constantly says to him "thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt"

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
also to be more anoyin ash never learns from his mistakes i mean for example all these years dealin with team rocket he still trys thunder bolt to set pikachu free i mean they have clearly learned (even if it is in smallest amount) but ash never thinks "hmmmm it is prob resistant to electric ill try iron tail" but no his one track mind just constantly says to him "thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt thunder bolt"

sorry sum of tht message didnt make sense but u get the jist of wat i was sayin

im not sayin that but his previous pokemon like charizard and some others continue to get stronger even when their not with him and havin his strongest pokemon from all his previous adventures would make him a much better trainer on the whole his tendancy to use his newer weaker pokemon is anoying concidering it would give him a higher chance to go use his older pokemon coz they have had greater fighting experiance but the kicker is tht in all the series's upto now and including this one ash finds real strong wild pokemon kicks their ***'s and then leaves them their for god sake he chooses the weaklings over the stronger ones damn him THROW A FREAKIN POKEBALL FOR ONCE U HAT WEARIN ***!!!!!!!

.....There's an Edit Buttion for a reason, so start using it and stop muiltiposting. Also you can delete those message too you know. In fact you should merge them like this:

See? Also, make sure you proof read these before you submit that post. To some of us, Grammar is Serious Business. Also it helps clarify your point a bit.

Last edited:

Squaaah

Well, there is no hope for Ash to win, he will never win a region torunerment, until the series ends.

However, I do see Ash getting to top 4, why, he gets further every time.

Kanto: Top 16
Johto: Top 8 (Lost to Harrison, who did not win)
Hoenn: Top 8 (Lost to eventual Champion. Would have won if Metagross hadn't been unerly powerful and taken out 2 of Ash's pokemon, and worn out Pikachu)
Sinnoh: Top 4?

Actually the main reason he lost to Tyson was because he was a total moron and sent out Corphish agiasnt Haryama, when he had a powerful flying type waiting in the wings. Corphish did nothing agaisnt agaisnt Haryama, so if he'd left Corphish out of that battle, the same result would have happened, except Ash would have had Corphish left over to take out Meowth, who was on the verge of collapse without any push and probably wouldn't have had the strength to fight.

Alas, the writers didnt want Ash winning thenas they probably hadn't planned anything incase he wins, whereas now they've set up the master league and regional champion idea, so theres stuff for him to do if they do get him that far.

Actually the main reason he lost to Tyson was because he was a total moron and sent out Corphish agiasnt Haryama, when he had a powerful flying type waiting in the wings. Corphish did nothing agaisnt agaisnt Haryama, so if he'd left Corphish out of that battle, the same result would have happened, except Ash would have had Corphish left over to take out Meowth, who was on the verge of collapse without any push and probably wouldn't have had the strength to fight.

Alas, the writers didnt want Ash winning thenas they probably hadn't planned anything incase he wins, whereas now they've set up the master league and regional champion idea, so theres stuff for him to do if they do get him that far.

yer but dont forget the anime dont always follow the games rules coz on one episode of tht series sumones haryama caught swellows beak inbetween its hands

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash also lost the Hoenn league because back then the Battle Frontier was something new and was a higher challenge for Ash anyway.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Alas, the writers didn't want Ash winning then as they probably hadn't planned anything incase he wins, whereas now they've set up the master league and regional champion idea, so there's stuff for him to do if they do get him that far.

The problem of this theory is that the Animated Series is to Promote the main games of the franchise. The writers and producers knew that another generation of nintendo handheld is in the work, and a next generation pokemon game will follow. They had to make Ash lose this region league so that he have a reason to go to the next. That, and we have battle frontier in Jouto to go through. Sure the Master League could refer to Pokemon Battle Revolution, but that just a stadium console game and they rarely been promoted in the Anime. It obvious that the main targets are the newcomers to the pokemon franchise, so it no wonder that Ash's story is caught in a loop.

So long story short, Ash will never win the Pokemon League as long as the franchise continues to exist.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Yeah but everyone else against Harrison was basically new, if he used Bulbasaur or maybe even Tauros he might of fared better because then he'd have a little more juice to take on. That's also kind of ignoring the fact Charizard basically got screwed over against Blaziken. Okay it was fine but Charizard should've lasted longer than it did, I mean it took a hydro pump from Gary's Blastoise and kept battling. Of course I suppose I could buy Charizard wasn't fully healed given that Harrison didn't even use Blaziken in the match after Ash because it wasn't battle capable.

But I think if Ash used his reserves/veterans Ash could easily win. You know one of these days there's not going to be anything the anime has to base something off of especially if they don't wait until the 3rd game for battle frontier. So it would be nice to see how Ash would fare if he went to a league and repeated it but this time he could use any Pokemon, it would be nice to see if he could win if he used all his Pokemon at his disposal. (That he would use at his disposal).

So long story short, Ash will never win the Pokemon League as long as the franchise continues to exist.

I have to disagree, winning the league while it is a great honor, but people give it way too much credit. I mean even if Ash did win a league he would only be a league champion. And that's just the equivalent of being a Battle Frontier Champion or even an Orange League Champion. Like I said people give it way too much credit. The only real thing that would deserve a lot of credit is if Ash were to beat Cynthia, now I don't see that ever happening. But being a regional league champion, doesn't seem that respectable considering that's one league out of how many leagues. If we were talking about a World League Champion then that would be a great honor and I don't see Ash winning that until the end of the serious. But when we're talking about a ladder and the higher up you go the better the praise. Being a regional league wouldn't be at the top. It would probably be on the 5th rung with 4 other things being more praise-worthy. Because someone could easily say: Ooh you won the Sinnoh League, good for you, I actually beat a league, and a couple of the Elite Fours, what about you? No just the league, well like I said good for you.

Last edited:
i personally still dont get how pikachu can still be so weak it has gone through 24 gym battles and 7 battle frontier battles and three tournaments and when he got to sinnoh pikachu failed to beat anythiin the first gym and still fails to make any signifigance in any gym so far well apart from wakes (a little) it is true he really like loses his brain when he goes sumwhere new the idiot

i know tht is a bit off subject but if he had made pikachu stronger tht would give him a better chance at victory in all these major battles he has

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I think Ash will get to the Semi's after beating Nando, Barry and Paul but again lose to some new friend he made before the Tournament.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
indeed it really would
i personally still dont get how pikachu can still be so weak it has gone through 24 gym battles and 7 battle frontier battles and three tournaments and when he got to sinnoh pikachu failed to beat anythiin the first gym and still fails to make any signifigance in any gym so far well apart from wakes (a little) it is true he really like loses his brain when he goes sumwhere new the idiot
....Use the Edit button, its on your posts.

Like it explained before, Pikachu is a plot device, and his power increase and decrease only when the plot demands it.

Last edited:
well pikachu right now is useless the plot should demand it already lol right now it seems he is just a bit of a burden coz all he does now is get captured by team rocket alot

BM14murph

Master Collector
Well Ash has already said he someday hopes to become a member of the elite four

Anyway i believet that Ash WILL beat Paul in the final of the league and win
He will then meet Barry's father Palmer who tells him of the Battle frontier
Ash decides after barely beating PAaul that he needs more training before he challenges the elite four and goes challenge the battle frontier
4 of the facilities are in Johto but the Battle Tower is in the fight area in Sinnoh and dis also gives a good reason for him to travel back to sinnoh besides the E4 arc

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I don't know. But one thing for sure is that Ash must defeat Paul in the Sinnoh League to teach him the error of his horrible ways.

Or he can defeat Cynthia and give some cheesey monologue that stands as a reason as to why the writers will be able to promote the 5th generation starring Ash.

Cynthia: Now that you defeated me, you are the new champion of the Sinnoh region!

Ash: Thanks for the offer Cynthia, but my goal is to become the pokemon master. I need to become the best trainer in the world, not just the best trainer in Sinnoh, I can only accomplish that by traveling around to different regions and defeating the champion of each one. Defeating you was my first major step on the way to my dream. Thank you -insert about 100 ways Ash's interactions with Cynthia and his travels throughout the DP series made him a better trainer-

The end.

Most likely he won't win. He will no doubt defeat Paul and Barry and lose to either Nando or a league-only friendly, older character.

Even if Ash beat Cynthina, he'll proably declines it because he knew that he have a long way to go.

HoennMaster

I for one don't believe in this ******** about ash can't win a league cause that means the show ends. Battle Frontier proved that Ash wants to continuing traveling no matter what happens.

So I can see him winning the Sinnoh League and I hope he does. With all of the Elite 4 stuff, it makes it even more likely.

Because if he will win the league he will be pokemon master and the show will end.

Completely false. This show is one big advertisement. It isn't going anywhere no matter what happens. Beating ONE league does not make him a master. It makes him a champion, and that's it.