• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is BLEACH better than Neon Genesis Evangelion?

BLEACH or NGE? Which is better?

• Neon Genesis Evangelion/Rebirth of Evangelion

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • BLEACH

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I hate both of them so much I'd rather watch the Pokemon Anime while eating a raw hyena carcass.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • OMFG I <3 THEM BOTH SO MUCH. <3 <3 <3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
a friend in MSN said:
I disagree with one of your statements. I believe Bleach is better than Evangelion because it has compelling characters, decent humor, and the symbolism doesn't get it the way of enjoying the plot.

Let me let this point be clear: I like my friend because he is a great guy but because I don't want to have a really petty splat over is Bleach better or NGE, I decided to just ask you guys. With you guys like Bleach is better, I'll just accept my foolishness.I won't tell you my friend's name because that's just wrong and I'm not doing this to attack him or go behind his back.

Rather, to see what the people of the SPP think Bleach is better or NGE.

I really want to know because I really do like NGE (I'm not saying it's the greatest thing in the world. Just a great anime. I have anime that I like more than NGE but I like it more than BLEACH) and I want to see the general consensus here in regards to the contrasts between BLEACH and NGE. I like Bleach - I don't hate it but I just think that it's not as good as some of the other anime floating around (i.e. Death Note, Tokikake, FMP, etc.)

Discuss using the quotation please. XP

P.S. Don't call my friend stupid. He's a smart and decent guy, okay?

Rave

Banned
Wait...

Why are we comparing Bleach with NGE to begin with?

And your friend's argument is just... sad. No really, it is.

Last edited:
I love giant swords and stuff, so i go with Bleach.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Your friends is a tasteless moron, and you are extremely retarded for making senseless threads by comparing a masterpiece to a generic shonen anime.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
An anime comparison poll that doesn't involve Naruto!?

I'm shocked.
But it's just as idiotic as any Naruto thread made here.

Good god, what would possess you to ask us such a -- Man, what the hell?

Last edited:

Red Ryu

My bias against Neon Genesis for not really catching my attention to watch it fully prevents me from taking either side.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Wow, just when I thought the polls in this section were at their worst. Clearly I still have much to learn about the mystical ways of fail.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Don't call my friend stupid. He's a smart and decent guy, okay?

Even the most intelligent people can have questionable judgement when it comes to entertainment.

It's also a shame considering that every point he attempts to make is laughable. Bleach is just full of stock characters and suffers from a typically bloated cast, while Evangelion has one of the most well-defined and realistic casts in anime (I DARE anyone to find characters that are so tirelessly scrutinized and deconstructed than Misato, Shinji, and Asuka). Evangelion actually has some of the best and frequently subtle humor I've seen in anime. And the symbolism getting in the way of the story? ********, considering that the metaphors SUPPORT the idea of humans being unable to communicate successfully with one another and afraid of contact yet constantly being drawn back to it.

This subject is a failure.

Anzua2

Evangelion actually has some of the best and frequently subtle humor I've seen in anime.

Penguin in the hot spring in episode 10 won the internet.

Fixed for ya!

make no sense as only 3 characters have big boobs.

This thread made me laugh.

Might as well compare Pokemon to Wing of Honneamise.

Which one is better, you guys?