• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Cannibalism Evil?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Cannibalism, or Anthropophagy, is the practice of people eating other people. Do you think this is evil?

Just wanted to know your thoughts.

legendarypokemonmaster

Yes, it is. Maybe not, but it just seems wrong and gross.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Not in some circumstances. Eating people just because you CAN? Evil. Eating people to survive? Not evil.

legendarypokemonmaster

Would you eat another person to survive?

Pelicansthatfly

Wap wap tiddlypap
I don't like the idea of killing people for the sake of eating them, although I can't really see anything logically wrong with eating the parts of a dead person. (I feel repulsed by it, regardless.)
We're all animals after all, and it's natural to eat food if it's available. (provided it doesn't disagree with our digestive systems)

Would you eat another person to survive?

I would eat a person to survive. I wouldn't kill a person to survive.

Last edited by a moderator:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Remember it is a part of some culture's religious rituals. It is not as "inhumane" as the stereotype has made it seem. There are many different styles and reasons such as famine or rituals.

Now:
Sadistically eating someone alive because you're crazy as the stereotype portrays it. WRONG

Eating a piece of a family member upon death to keep the flow of energy alive because it is common practice in your culture. I see nothing wrong with this.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
It's evil only if you're doing the wrong thing with it. If you do it only because that's the only way to survive, then, ehh... That's up for debate.

Mark1006

Jesus's rasta friend
Eating another man because you had the muchies is obviously sick and wrong.

Eating a dead man on a desert island to survive is a very different story.

Flame Mistress

It is a bit gross, but if you need to do so in order to survive, I guess you must do it. But doing just for fun would earn you a death sentence.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Is it weird that the first conclusion I jumped to was that you'd eat a portion of some guy, then let him go?

It was lulzworthy. Just give them some Lidocaine first and then pay their medical bills after. Totally ethical.

legendarypokemonmaster

I don't think I could eat someone to survive, but then again, I've never been on the verge of starving to death.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
If they're dead, who gives a damn?

If they aren't... Well, murder's kind of evil, but the eating in and of itself... Nah.

Pelicansthatfly

Wap wap tiddlypap
So I suppose I think whether cannibalism is evil or not is entirely circumstantial. There is no definitive answer for all I can see.

AznTsunami007

Jiān'ài, 兼愛
I don't think I could eat someone to survive, but then again, I've never been on the verge of starving to death.

Things tend to happen when you are on the verge of dying..

If the person you're eating is dead, then I suppose not.. Any other circumstance, yes..

Chris-kun

i still believe
would I do it? no. Is it right or wrong? well, it's kinda in a gray area. Whether it's right or wrong depends on intention more than anything imo. If you're doing it because you can, because it gives you some kind of pleasure, then it's wrong. If it's necessary, if it's done ritualistically after someone is dead anyway.... Well, I don't think it's right to call that evil...

Also I totally had a feeling this thread was coming.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I'd honestly rather starve than eat someone else...even if they're dead. But then, fear of death makes you do totally different things than you'd normally do. So, hopefully I'll never eat any human, alive or dead. The prospect itself is wrong, but if you're about to die, and the other guy is dead, and you need to survive to help everyone on Earth or something, then yeah, it's OK. As long as you don't get addicted to human meat. It's very hard to get.