• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Dawn destined to.... (spoilers)

zeno48

Zaker!
Well today we saw Ash win his last badge. Dawn was cheering for Ash in the sidelines but is Dawn just destined to put on the pink cheerleeding outfit from here on out? i mean if this is really what they will make her do then i rather have her travel with Kenny. I don't mind at all that Dawn wants to support Ash but at this point there is really no point for Dawn to stay with Ash anymore. Imo as soon as Ash is done with the league she should leave. What do you guys think?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I really don't see any point in it. If she will leave, she won't see Ash's league. After the league she should leave, that's true.

Maybe after the league there will be a goodbye episode with her rivals, because Zoey's and Ursula's last appearances were pretty strange. That's why she is actually staying.

Last edited:
Well whats she supposed to do anyways? She is still getting enough screen time. Same as how Ash got in the GF's final. But I don't like her cheering because we get to see even more Piplup(in girlie outfit) which doesn't look good. Well they have to shove Piplup down our throat till the end of DP so its gonna be this way agree or not.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Imo as soon as Ash is done with the league she should leave. What do you guys think?

... that this is going to happen anyway? /discussion

Seriously I'm not seeing what there is to discuss here. Dawn is finished her Contest Campaign for the 'year' so her role in Sinnoh will be minimal. Not nonexistent, mind you, but minimal since this is supposed to be time for Ash and his Pokemon to shine after they allowed Dawn the same honor in her Contests and the Grand Festival. After the Pokemon League she will likely leave like every other girl before her. That's not something that we should pity Dawn for or whatever. It just happens, you know?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I really don't see any point in it. If she will leave, she won't see Ash's league. After the league she should leave, that's true.

Maybe after the league there will be a goodbye episode with her rivals, because Zoey's and Ursula's last appearances were pretty strange. That's why she is actually staying.

I agree with the top part. But are you saying that because there will be a goodbye episode that Dawn is staying for now? Like as if she is waiting for that episode to come by! xD

Lol, no I jest.. Dawn has stuck out with Ash throughout Sinnoh, it would be disrespectful and selfcentered to a friend if you leave after you've done your thing. Dawn is being a good friend to Ash, so that's why she's still here. After the league I'm also expecting this weird funny moment where she says: well.. this was it, your last chance.. but now... I'M GONE SUCKA! *F-1/Nascar sound effect*

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Let me get this straight. You're upset because Dawn cheered Ash on in his Gym match? Exactly what's wrong with that?

Last time I checked, Ash and Dawn were close friends (maybe more considering the lengths she's gone this season for him). There is nothing wrong with her cheering Ash on when he needs it. She's done with Contests in Sinnoh meaning there isn't much to do. So in the mean time, she is deciding to cheer Ash on when he needs it most. Ash didn't run out on Dawn when she needed support, so she would never do that to him.

In fact, the next episode deals with her future. Even though she is done for now, she doesn't know what route to take next. So her character is sort of taking a backseat to Ash, but she is still a Main Character and as such, the show still revolves around her as much as it does with Ash.

So I really don't see what there is to discuss here.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

Oh no...that was Misty's job...she'll be an even more feminine clone of her...so no, that's not gonna work...I think the best option for her will be to leave with Kenny...which I guess will be determined by the outcome of Kenny's battle with Ash...It seems like Kenny likes Dawn, and wants her to travel with him, but he's kinda afraid to ask...Hmm...I'm getting Penguinshipping hints...

zeno48

Zaker!
Let me get this straight. You're upset because Dawn cheered Ash on in his Gym match? Exactly what's wrong with that?
No, not at all. Im just concerned that at this point aside from her getting into that cheerleading outfit there isn't anything left for her. That's what bothers me.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Unlike Misty, Dawn's cheer-leading spot is only temporary. She's helping now since her Contests are done and Ash could use the support. But once Contests start back up ( hopefully in Isshu), you can bet that she will be back to training and competing.

Misty pretty much sat back and yelled at Ash whenever she saw fit. She didn't have any sort of competition to train for or even bother training her own Pokemon.

Dawn has her own competitions to worry about, but at the same time she doesn't mind providing Ash with a little support. She isn't always just sitting on the sidelines watching Ash. Its sometimes Ash who is captivated by Dawn's skills.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

Well today we saw Ash win his last badge. Dawn was cheering for Ash in the sidelines but is Dawn just destined to put on the pink cheerleeding outfit from here on out? i mean if this is really what they will make her do then i rather have her travel with Kenny. I don't mind at all that Dawn wants to support Ash but at this point there is really no point for Dawn to stay with Ash anymore. Imo as soon as Ash is done with the league she should leave. What do you guys think?

I strongly disagree for I'm sick of every 3 years, we got to dump the girl character and put in another female character, and this one does not appease me at all: Hair, shorts, kind of looks whacked out. I want Dawn kept. I don't care if Dawn puts on a cheering uniform, she looks great in it. I don't care if it's fluff. How many times has Ash lost the big one: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn? Why can't they have Dawn go into the contests again? Or heck in Black and White, have her go for the badges then! I'd give up Pokemon if Dawn is written out. Dawn is a cute cheerleader.

Champion Jared 14

Unlike Misty, Dawn's cheer-leading spot is only temporary. She's helping now since her Contests are done and Ash could use the support. But once Contests start back up ( hopefully in Isshu), you can bet that she will be back to training and competing.

Misty pretty much sat back and yelled at Ash whenever she saw fit. She didn't have any sort of competition to train for or even bother training her own Pokemon.

Dawn has her own competitions to worry about, but at the same time she doesn't mind providing Ash with a little support. She isn't always just sitting on the sidelines watching Ash. Its sometimes Ash who is captivated by Dawn's skills.

I'm only going to say this once...She was NOT a coordinator...she was a battler, a gym leader, and the only reason why she didn't get to do more is because the writers sucked ***, and they gave her a baby...You WILL GET OVER IT.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I'm sorry. Did you actually read what I posted?

Did I say anything about Misty being a Coordinator? No. I said Misty didn't have any sort of competition to work towards, and on screen she should no indication of training her Pokemon for anything. So all she ever was, was a cheer leader. All she did was sit back and tell Ash what he was doing wrong. If anything, she was more of a critic than a support system. She was essentially a "Max with Pokemon"

Dawn on the other hand is a Coordinator, and as such has Contests and the Grand Festival to worry about. But she still takes time out to support Ash when he needs it. She becomes a temporary cheer leader for him when she isn't the focus of the episode.

So before you try to shove your opinion down my throat, please actually read instead of interpreting what you want.

thunderblade12

I doubt Dawn will go to Isshu, but she's definitely not leaving in DP180. She's in the preview picture for DP181 guys, seriously?

In about 15 episodes Dawn will join May and Misty in their mediocrity. Only to be replaced by a new girl for 200 or so episode until she also joins their ranks.

Zoey and Ursula will probably get a closure episode so that's about all I can see happening in the rest of Dawn's arc. She'll probably travel with Zoey, Ursula, and Nando just like May did with Solidad, Drew, and Harley. Nando traveling with three underage girls? PEDDDDOOOFILE. In all seriousness though, I always knew Nando was a pimp. That feathered hat ain't just for show, people.

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Pimpin' ain't easy man. That harp of his actually stretches out into a cane. Gotta keep his hand strong after losing.

But in seriousness, if Dawn goes the route of May, then she will probably take Zoey up on her offer. It was implied that the only reason she declined at first was because she wanted to cheer Ash on in his upcoming battles. But maybe after the League she decides she wants to travel with Zoey instead of Ash.

trustest_friend

for the best
Well. I support Pearlshipping but I think this discussion become a Shipfight, doesn't it?
Her fate is under the god hand, I mean Satoshi san the writer. Just move this thread to
Shipping thread or close this thread, ok?

stenli

Flabebes
i think dawn will follow ash to isshu since those new BW player character seems a little too mature for joining ash :/
and probably brock will leave to finally marry nurse joy with his evolved chansey :/ ah im oot, but, well...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yes she is supporting her friend like he did to her she wont leave him now, that would be dumb *** jerk thing to do and please stop putting (spoiler) in the spoilers section if and thats a big if because there only like 5% she goes to Ishu she will have her contests to do so theres shouldnt be a problem.

Last edited:

AshMayMistyHikarifan

I doubt Dawn will go to Isshu, but she's definitely not leaving in DP180. She's in the preview picture for DP181 guys, seriously?

In about 15 episodes Dawn will join May and Misty in their mediocrity. Only to be replaced by a new girl for 200 or so episode until she also joins their ranks.

Zoey and Ursula will probably get a closure episode so that's about all I can see happening in the rest of Dawn's arc. She'll probably travel with Zoey, Ursula, and Nando just like May did with Solidad, Drew, and Harley. Nando traveling with three underage girls? PEDDDDOOOFILE. In all seriousness though, I always knew Nando was a pimp. That feathered hat ain't just for show, people.

Wait a minute, everytime Ursula goes up against Dawn, she seriously reminds me of pro wrestler chris Jericho the way she sneers after a loss and I can't see how you'd put Dawn in a journey with Zoey and with Ursula. I'm not entirely sure Ursula would want to be friends with Dawn, unless they have Ursula and Dawn in one more battle, Ursula would win, the somewhere, Ursula/Dawn could make up and maybe talk travel. I was under the assumption after the finale cup battle that was it for Ursula. IS there a way she's guest starring down the line before the end of SInnoh and having Isshu? Also, there's no proof May is traveling with Drew and Harley...unless I did miss something in part 1 of May's guest appearance in that 2 part story? Let me know on this.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well it was either cheer for Ash with that pink outfit, or remain on her seat with Brock. There is not much for her to do!

I think she would leave with Kenny and not with her rivals, unlike May. It makes more sense to me if she travels with her best friend, that happens to care for her...

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
No, not at all. Im just concerned that at this point aside from her getting into that cheerleading outfit there isn't anything left for her. That's what bothers me.

That's been pretty much confirmed since we found out that the Grand Festival was before Ash's last gym. I mean, can you think of anything else that she could do instead? And it's like someone else said, she's not just going to abandon her friend once she's finished her quest, she's going to stick with it until he finishes his.