• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Dawn destined to.... (spoilers)

AshMayMistyHikarifan

I feel the theories used on Dawn: LEave with Zoey, Ursula comes along...isn't there a risk factor that maybe the audience in JP is going to say: Look, enough. You changed Misty to May, 3 years later, changed to Dawn, 3 years later, changed to a girl on BW that doesn't look appealing. Isn't there a risk in ratings if you keep changing your character? Is an audience in JP going to say you had something with Dawn, you gave her opp., then you took it and now you're saddling up with her with the JP character for Zoey? Why would Zoey want to have Dawn along with her? Dawn is better off with Ash. I still feel taking Dawn away will make ratings decline on Pokemon unless this BW girl is as appealing as Dawn was, but I can't see it. I Keep saying as the late Bernie Mac would say, you got something going, leave it alone. Don't risk alienating your audience unless you got a good storyline, but again, leave Dawn alone is my warning.

Janovy

Banned
I'm not saying this as a shipper, but their bond has been heavily showcased since the very beginning including with the song 'High Touch'. Read the lyrics and you'll understand. It's only natural she would stay with Ash due their mutual support towards each other. Her future goals will or won't be revealed in the upcoming episode - D181, considering we know she didn't make any future plans yet.

I'm comfortable with her cheering for Ash, not only Gary should have cheerleaders. ;)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Dawn is pretty much done so yeah her cheering is basically all that's left of her until she get's her final episode's focusing on her future. In the end she is doomed to meet the same fate as Misty and May dropping in the unemployed bottomless hole where annoying fans whine when she'll get her appearance and after she does they'll whine some more about something or another. I can only hope her fans do get as tedious as the other two's but it's already started in some places

Also when people say Dawn will travel with her rivals (Zoey, Ursula, Nando, Kenny) I think they mean in the same region not necessarily together. But yeah this is basically what's left of Dawn's character cheering, hey it's still better then other main characters roles.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Also when people say Dawn will travel with her rivals (Zoey, Ursula, Nando, Kenny) I think they mean in the same region not necessarily together. But yeah this is basically what's left of Dawn's character cheering, hey it's still better then other main characters roles.

Ursula and Nando might not even continue being Dawn's rivals.

But Dawn's future will definitely be based on Zoey.

PePer

Dawn chances of staying for another generation are same as Misty's chances to join main cast again. Johto, that's where she most likely fadeaway since there is a lot about Johto in show right now.

Janovy

Banned
But Dawn's future will definitely be based on Zoey.
Lol, it's incredible how much you remind on a member from Bulbagarden forums. He's also so convinced that Dawn will follow Zoey at the end, but why? Is there any other reason besides the one that May followed her rivals, that she'll leave with Zoey?

I understand, their bond is tight - but where is the logic behind that? Do we even know if she's gonna travel in the next region?

Zoey won the Grand Festival and we don't know if she's even gonna travel in the next region. Maybe she wants to take a break and travel again later, we don't know yet until the writers reveal it to us. But saying that her future will definitely be based on Zoey is plane stupid. Dawn is not a pet and Zoey is not her master (lol), and don't jump on conclusions based on previous events.

Lol, this turned out a bit long, but you get my point. No one knows if she is indeed leaving. If she actually leaves to follow Zoey, then props to you.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The writers have to find some decent reason to write Dawn out, and the only other character she was close/friends enough with was Zoey.

Zoey will likely remain Dawn's mentor/friend and Dawn will almost definitely want to beat her.

Zoey helped Dawn this region either just as much or moreso than Ash. You guys are crazy if you think the Dawn/Zoey rivalry/friendship is over.

pokemon fan 132

Im not sure if i see problem in here.So Dawn has been showned cheering for Ash(it certainly wasnt first time),and all of a sudden people are making big deal about it like "thats all she will do now".

While its obvious how focus will be more on Ash and whole league altogether for understandable reasons,Dawn will still get some screentime and couple of episodes to herself.
She got plenty of screentime so far,so taking a small backseat while Ash competes in league isnt problem at all.Theres not much she can do during that time either.

Not to mention having her leave before league ends would be pointless.None of girls left that much primaturely,so why should Dawn be exception.She is guaranteed to stay around at least until Sinnoh league ends.

Unlike Misty, Dawn's cheer-leading spot is only temporary.
Misty pretty much sat back and yelled at Ash whenever she saw fit. She didn't have any sort of competition to train for

Contrary to your belief Mistys role was more important than "just sitting on sidelines"She along with Brock provided moral support,saving people lives,helping Ash to grow as trainer coaching him and pointing out mistakes.
Nevertheless she had plots centered around her like complex of inferiority,togepi,goal to become water pokemon master etc.

While Dawn obviously did more,Misty still had share of achievements like Princess festival,seaking contest,big involvment in arcs like st.Anne where thanks to he intelligence and quick thinking lives were saved,Whirl Cup etc.

Thing is writers didnt focused enough on her due to them not haing enough experience,aswell this anime being mostly oriented toward Ash.As time went on they improved in handling things better giving with each new saga to girls more focus.

or even bother training her own Pokemon.

Not true,there were references in older series where it was showed how she trains her pokemon off screen.Like when Marina complimented her pokemon saying how she trained them well.Ash mentioning couple of times how she did good job at training and so on.If needed ill list more examples.

I strongly disagree for I'm sick of every 3 years, we got to dump the girl character and put in another female character, and this one does not appease me at all:

You have no idea how many people are sick of girl replacing for stupid reasons just to give new "eye candy".Many people would like that this altogether stops giving older girls a chance to shine more,and to replace males for a change.
When it comes to me if contests arent being replaced i dont see any point in third girl in a row doing same thing.Better keep Dawn than and stop all this repetivity.

Of course my preference would be bringing Misty back who is great character and has so much untapped potential with her story being unfinished with goal being one of them which cant be achieved at gym.She would bring alot for this anime in my opinion if she ever returns.
But thats aside the pooint.

What im trying to say is how i pretty much agree with you,girl replacing should be stopped,instead of ditching them just to leave older ones who have lot of unused material behind in past being forgotten just to get new one which will receive same faith like other ones.
Question is how much more is needed?

I just cant picture Ash ending up travelling with about 10 girls once this show ends.That would be just disgusting.

Isn't there a risk in ratings if you keep changing your character? Is an audience in JP going to say you had something with Dawn, you gave her opp., then you took it and now you're saddling up with her with the JP character for Zoey?

Unfortunately writers dont care about fan wishes.I mean when Misty was replaced this caused big backlash with many people for years trying to bring her back through numerous petitions,letters etc,with demand for return to cast being huge,along with big group of them leaving this show in protest but nothing helped.
For years people are complaining about Brock wanting him replaced(poor guy),but he comesback every new region,etc.

As sad as it sounds writers only care about including another "eye candy" for male audience,interview with mr.Hidaka summed up nicely how they view girls in this show.

Janovy

Banned
Lol, there you go again. You are talking as if the only way to maintain their friendship/rivalry is if Dawn gets written out. No one is saying their friendship/rivalry is going to be over.

She is friends enough with Ash, and I don't see anyone claiming she'll definitely follow him. As for me, its either Ash or Zoey because they have both done equally. Zoey helped her out of expression, mentored and advised her, while Ash trained her and stayed fully supportive until the very end. She even used one of his combinations.

So we don't REALLY know.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Lol, there you go again. You are talking as if the only way to maintain their friendship/rivalry is if Dawn gets written out. No one is saying their friendship/rivalry is going to be over.

She is friends enough with Ash, and I don't see anyone claiming she'll definitely follow him. As for me, its either Ash or Zoey because they have both done equally. Zoey helped her out of expression, mentored and advised her, while Ash trained her and stayed fully supportive until the very end. She even used one of his combinations.

So we don't REALLY know.

Well if she's not gonna be a main character next arc, there's only one alternative, isn't there?

Janovy

Banned
Well if she's not gonna be a main character next arc, there's only one alternative, isn't there?
I never had any problems with Dawn following Zoey, but I just can't stand people claiming she's definitely following Zoey. Unless you have any solid proof it remains just a speculation.

I'd like for Dawn, IF she actually leaves, to go to Hoenn region - the place where the contests were first introduced. Just like May went to Johto, if she leaves, she should go to Hoenn all alone in order to mature and get more independent.

But I still believe she'll rather follow Ash in Isshu, than Zoey in other region, but that remains to be seen.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I`m think that Dawn will leave at the end of the saga to countine being a cordinator in Hoenn.Well The Reason I think will not be following to Isshu,The main female character left at the end of each saga.The reason Misty was for Johto,Johto was still in the original series of the anime.The DP saga ends in the fall and Dawn will leave the main cast.I think she might reappear in the BW saga.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I strongly disagree for I'm sick of every 3 years, we got to dump the girl character and put in another female character, and this one does not appease me at all: Hair, shorts, kind of looks whacked out. I want Dawn kept. I don't care if Dawn puts on a cheering uniform, she looks great in it. I don't care if it's fluff. How many times has Ash lost the big one: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn? Why can't they have Dawn go into the contests again? Or heck in Black and White, have her go for the badges then! I'd give up Pokemon if Dawn is written out. Dawn is a cute cheerleader.

I highly doubt. I have seen people saying the same thing when Misty left and when there was a speculation that May would leave too, but the truth is they didn't quit watching Pokemon and moved on. So Dawn will be written out at the end of Sinnoh (she might get a goodbye episode though), and the people who have vowed to quit watching the show will eventually move on; this will repeat for the girl in Isshu as well, and this cycle will continue on.

Back on topic: I don't see any problem with Dawn cheering for Ash. She has done it many times before. Heh, I do agree Piplup looks awkward in girly cheerleading outift.

Last edited:

ijea4444

Well today we saw Ash win his last badge. Dawn was cheering for Ash in the sidelines but is Dawn just destined to put on the pink cheerleeding outfit from here on out? i mean if this is really what they will make her do then i rather have her travel with Kenny. I don't mind at all that Dawn wants to support Ash but at this point there is really no point for Dawn to stay with Ash anymore. Imo as soon as Ash is done with the league she should leave. What do you guys think?

What did you expect her to do? This is her final saga and you want to remove her as soon as possible? Geez, calm down and enjoy what time she has left.

Contrary to your belief Mistys role was more important than "just sitting on sidelines"She along with Brock provided moral support,saving people lives,helping Ash to grow as trainer coaching him and pointing out mistakes.
Nevertheless she had plots centered around her like complex of inferiority,togepi,goal to become water pokemon master etc.

While Dawn obviously did more,Misty still had share of achievements like Princess festival,seaking contest,big involvment in arcs like st.Anne where thanks to he intelligence and quick thinking lives were saved,Whirl Cup etc.

really?

Of course my preference would be bringing Misty back who is great character and has so much untapped potential with her story being unfinished with goal being one of them which cant be achieved at gym.She would bring alot for this anime in my opinion if she ever returns.
But thats aside the pooint.

WHYYYYYYY OMG.

anyways, I want Dawn to go off with Zoey. Obviously. NOT KENNY NOT KENNY OMG NOT KENNY I'D KILL HIM. ):

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'm not even going to get into the Misty discussion. Nope. Not today.

Isn't there a risk in ratings if you keep changing your character?

Yes, but the reason they changed the female lead in the first place was because they felt they could do better. The same could be said about Dawn who wasn't exactly the most popular character introduced in this arch to begin with. I feel that because people knew that Dawn would be taking a hike in about five years they never really allowed themselves to get attached to her like the girls before her. That doesn't just apply to the fans, either. It seems the writing downplayed her as more of a supporting character then an co-star in most episodes.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well An00bis by that logic, The next girl will be even less popular no matter what she does because fans will be tired of the character replacement. But I agree that most people stop caring for the girls at this point because they really only serve a purpose until the next gen. Dawn was hit heavy with that and I fear the others will follow.

Dax

Legend
She'll stay and support Ash just like Ash stuck by her when she needed support in the Grand Festival.

I actually like her cheering, it's a sign that she cares about Ash's quest and she supports him fully.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I don't mind about the cheering, I just don't want her going to the next region w/ Ash...:/ in others words being a pernament character...I have a feeling she'd grow stale by the next region...(coz they already did a good job with her arc and she did exceptionally well in the GF, so what's the point of bringing her to the next region?)