• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Dawn destined to.... (spoilers)

Champion Jared 14

I'm sorry. Did you actually read what I posted?

Did I say anything about Misty being a Coordinator? No. I said Misty didn't have any sort of competition to work towards, and on screen she should no indication of training her Pokemon for anything. So all she ever was, was a cheer leader. All she did was sit back and tell Ash what he was doing wrong. If anything, she was more of a critic than a support system. She was essentially a "Max with Pokemon"

Dawn on the other hand is a Coordinator, and as such has Contests and the Grand Festival to worry about. But she still takes time out to support Ash when he needs it. She becomes a temporary cheer leader for him when she isn't the focus of the episode.

So before you try to shove your opinion down my throat, please actually read instead of interpreting what you want.
I didn't care what you posted because it was wrong. Misty trained her pokemon leading up to the Whirl Cup, and last time I checked, that was a competition. Misty was a great friend of Ash, and wanted to travel with him not because of her bike. She liked him, and the writers did a lot of shipping hints. AND, if someone's coaching you with battle strategy, then clearly that's being more of a cheer leader, because Misty was a trainer before Ash was. A critic? She was a strong support system...She wouldn't be like some crybaby whenever he lost a match. Dawn is just a carbon copy of May with blue hair and an annoying penguin...She's got no personality and she's going to leave the main cast, and there's nothing you can do about it, so have a seat.

STICKTOPIA

Well today we saw Ash win his last badge. Dawn was cheering for Ash in the sidelines but is Dawn just destined to put on the pink cheerleeding outfit from here on out? i mean if this is really what they will make her do then i rather have her travel with Kenny. I don't mind at all that Dawn wants to support Ash but at this point there is really no point for Dawn to stay with Ash anymore. Imo as soon as Ash is done with the league she should leave. What do you guys think?
Well May did the same thing... She wasn't in a cheerleading outfit but she also didn't have anything to do. There was no point of May staying with Ash after both her GF but she did.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Why is there a Misty vs Dawn argument in this thread, which is about Dawn's role in the series? I swear we'll be in Generation 6 and Misty's name will still live on in Pokemon (And not in a good way either.) Some people take anime cartoon character's aimed at 10 year old kids way to seriously.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Moronic statements aside, I never intended to start an "argument" in the first place. All I did was state what Dawn's actual role is when people try to compare it to Misty's.

Trust me, I hate talking about Misty as much as the next guy. It's a topic people seriously need to get over.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'd LOL So much if Dawn ended up staying.
Why? Cuz people predicted right away that'd she'd be leaving.
Any who, I honestly see no problem with her cheering Ash on.
I mean as others said, Ash cheered her on the entire Grand Festival.
And why do Misty fans always have to enter topics and bring her up?
This is about Dawn not Misty =/
On topic, Any who just cuz she's in the background now doesn't mean we can't find another Grand Festival for her to do in the next series. May was in the background in the AG league and she got the Kanto Grand Festival still.

BlueVapor

And why do Misty fans always have to enter topics and bring her up?
This is about Dawn not Misty =/
Well, if it annoys you so much, why are you bringing it up now, when, clearly, you don't need to.

And I don't see what the point of this topic is. Dawn has her time, while Ash was in the background. Now it's Ash's turn, so it only makes sense for Dawn to be in the background. Her goal in Sinnoh is done, so she won't have much of a role due to that. And at this point, it's pretty obvious she'll be gone after Sinnoh, to be replaced with yet another girl...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well An00bis by that logic, The next girl will be even less popular no matter what she does because fans will be tired of the character replacement. But I agree that most people stop caring for the girls at this point because they really only serve a purpose until the next gen. Dawn was hit heavy with that and I fear the others will follow.

There is truth to what An00bis says though.

When May was introduced, we didn't know how long she would last in the show or what they would do with her at the start. Everything about her from being the first major female trainer to the introduction of Contests was all brand new.

While some people probably did think May would leave eventually, the fact is it wasn't entirely expected. We didn't know the changing female formula back when AG was airing. I remember most people thought May having Munchlax meant she would continue into DP. At the time people also couldn't believe Harley would be dropped from the series either.

With Dawn, I kinda expected she might leave when DP ends. Sure, there is a slight chance we'll be wrong, but otherwise I knew this from the start of DP.

Same reason we all expect Ash's Sinnoh team to be dumped, aside from maybe Gible, as much as people like Infernape its going bye-bye.

Champion Jared 14

I don't see much need for Dawn to stick around...I mean, Someone's gonna have to go for the Gen 5 Girl or guy, but most likely guy to broadcast that Issu whatever region...A cast with two girls?? Hmm, something tells me that won't work...That would only mean that they'll ditch dawn, let brock STAY and bring in the new one...OMG, they need to just....dump them both, and bring in two new characters...

Stryder

Pokedex Reject
Why is there a Misty vs Dawn argument in this thread, which is about Dawn's role in the series? I swear we'll be in Generation 6 and Misty's name will still live on in Pokemon (And not in a good way either.) Some people take anime cartoon character's aimed at 10 year old kids way to seriously.

Now that i agree with. I don't even watch anime anymore...
Then why do i even bother coming to this section of the forums you ask?

My answer; the flamewars brought about by these so-called "Misty fans"... ಠ_ಠ

BM14murph

Master Collector
There is still the chamce that Dawn will continue on to travel with Ash for the next region and if that's the case then Dawn will retire the pink cheerleader outfit and go back to doing contests of course

She'll only be cheering until after the League when no matter where she goes she will yet again compete in contests

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I wouldnt mind Dawn staying if that meant a new guy would come along also some new character or the main protagonist.
Another cool thing would be the two new protagonists from B/W actually being twins and both being part of the anime the girl would be Ash rival and the boy Dawns.

Haha this just came to be but i liked the idea plus they are alike.

Champion Jared 14

It's ultimatum time!! If they're having Dawn stay, then I suggest they finally get rid of Brock...if they don't then he'll almost be in the staple character department like Ash and Pikachu...Sigh...

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Dawn will stay with Ash until the end of the league and help by cheering him on then leave once it's over.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Yeah, Dawn is just there to cheer on Ash. There is nothing else they can really give her to do. So as soon as the Sinnoh League is done, I think she should and will leave.

I really can't imagine Dawn staying. If she does, then we would have to deal with that annoying penguin of her's for another few years, and the electric rodent will always be the main mascot, the penguin only represents DP.

And if you compare how long each of the three main female characters stayed in the show, it would only seem natural that Dawn's time is up. Misty was around for about 5 years, May for 4 years, and Dawn is at 4 years now. Of course, the writers can easily decide to break the pattern, but I don't think they would do that.

Also, what is happening this week in DP180 sorta reminds me of the episode where May met up with Drew again and got snapped out of her somewhat depressed state. Like Dawn's current situation, May didn't have her future decided at that point, and the episode served as a way to set up her eventual departure. In the same way, DP180 should most likely start setting up Dawn's departure, which will include a later episode involving Zoey and/or Ursala.

Assuming Dawn leaves, it will be after the League. As some have pointed out, there is already proof that she appears in DP181. Plus, can you imagine only Ash and Brock traveling together? That just doesn't make much sense, Brock would actually have a big role o_o.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I really can't imagine Dawn staying. If she does, then we would have to deal with that annoying penguin of her's for another few years, and the electric rodent will always be the main mascot, the penguin only represents DP.

And if you compare how long each of the three main female characters stayed in the show, it would only seem natural that Dawn's time is up. Misty was around for about 5 years, May for 4 years, and Dawn is at 4 years now. Of course, the writers can easily decide to break the pattern, but I don't think they would do that.

Also, what is happening this week in DP180 sorta reminds me of the episode where May met up with Drew again and got snapped out of her somewhat depressed state. Like Dawn's current situation, May didn't have her future decided at that point, and the episode served as a way to set up her eventual departure. In the same way, DP180 should most likely start setting up Dawn's departure, which will include a later episode involving Zoey and/or Ursala.

Assuming Dawn leaves, it will be after the League. As some have pointed out, there is already proof that she appears in DP181. Plus, can you imagine only Ash and Brock traveling together? That just doesn't make much sense, Brock would actually have a big role o_o.

Ughh. I used to despise the penguin but ever since the episode it got lost, it's comical facial expressions have made me learn to love the guy. Shame about Pikachu. It hasn't done anything in years. He's the new victim of my hatred.

Concerning Dawn's possible departure - sounds about right. However...

...Brock will never get a big role. And everyone knows it.

Manene!

Dawn has been with Ash since his first Sinnoh Gym, maybe she wants to she how it ends for him? It'd be kind of like watching a movie and then stopping before the end... why wouldn't see continue with Ash as he finishes his journey in Sinnoh? Plus, it's kind of like a break for her. She's resting herself and her Pokemon before starting over in a new region.

PAKEPAKE

Zoey became a top coordinator.
Therefore, she does not travel any longer.

The rival of Dawn who can equal Zoey requires only Kenny.
That is, only Kenny is in becoming Dawn's guidepost.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
I dunno why, but with Kenny and Jasmine sparring thing, and Kenny making Dawn come with him, I think they're going to Johto? But May and the three retarded coordinators went there already, so I guess coordinators going to Johto is a bit redundant.

Or maybe a separate arc with them going to the Battle Frontier...

Nah, I honestly don't care about Dawn. Except her skirt, but still.

What I do care about is Brock leaving. It'll never be the same, I swear.

But imagine that, JUST Ash and the new girl. Together. In one region. Just two of them. ^_^