• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is December 21 2012 really The End or False?

irock245

She wants it
It's 100% true that the end of the world is in 2012 is false.

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
It's not even an end of the wrold prediction, it is what people have twisted the end of a calender into. Thats like saying the world will end on December 31st, when a calender ends, it starts over.. it will just be the end of a cycle.

But I guess anythings possible.

I thought science has already proven that the 2012 doomsday prediction was nothing more than the Mayans running out of space on whatever rock their calendar was on.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
^More the cycle comes to an end in the way any regular 12 month calender we produce does. A new year begins rather than time ending. It's the end of the 13th b'ak'tun of the Maya Long Count Calender, a b'ak'tun is made up of 20 katun cycles which is roughly 349 years. All that hapens in relation to the Maya is that we enter the 14th b'ak'tun.

Other theories such as Niburu/Plantet X colliding with earth on that date have been widely discredited, mainly by Nasa who say we'd have seen something by now.

There's the Pole shift, but no one really knows what effect will have, but I don't think we should worry about it.

There's the earth being in direct alignment with the sun and centre of the milky way galaxy, but due to how slow space is this has happened on the winter Solstice for a good few years now and nothing has happened.

There's the moving to a new astrological age, moving from the age of Pieces to the age of Aquarius. Though that's not really an end time scenario, though people do believe it could bring about a new level of conciousness. As this image shows
the-beginning-is-near.jpg

It's a new beginning rather than an end.
I think some believe we will somehow become more aware have a new understanding or even overstanding of our existence.

I'd like to believe in the last one, but I don't think I can bring myself to. Sadly I think nothing much will happen.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I wonder...britain has had more rain and cooler temperatures...that might mean pole shift is on it's way...doubt it, but hey?

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
you really can never know could be 100 of years from now the way our economy is doing i doubt it >.> but u never know but that earthquake in virginia first i ever expierenced in my life

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Yeah, you never know.

I still think that nothing will come of it. Unless the economy becomes utter liquid.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
It's not even an end of the wrold prediction, it is what people have twisted the end of a calender into. Thats like saying the world will end on December 31st, when a calender ends, it starts over.. it will just be the end of a cycle.

But I guess anythings possible.

Actually the calender ends on January 31st (usually) of the following year.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
This kind of reminds me of that time when that guy said the world was going to end on some random day in October. There were people actually out there looking up at the sky at a random time on a random date, gawking like turkeys in rain.

About 10 years before that there was Y2K which people were so crazily prepared for that nothing happened. The few computers that were effected were easily fixed.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't believe it in the least. I can see suicide rates rising, and a minor baby boom in summer of 2013, though, but that's about it. Mom gave my brothers and I permission to run around the neighborhood on midnight to cheer loudly and laugh, so I'm looking forward to it.

indigohex

People are claiming that the world will end on 21 December 2012 (which is the longest day and shortest night here in Australia as we are in the southern hemisphere). But I doubt it will happen. If it does, then I wasted my life. But in reality, no one is supposed to know when the world will end. But I never knew that the Mayan Calender didn't recognise leap years (which may have been an Western civilisation invention) so that means we may have survived.

It's not the end of the world. The Mayans never predicted the end of the world. All they said was that their god of war would come down and a new era would start.

So yeah, unless you believe in the Mayan gods and are afraid of changes, you have nothing to fear. You're not afraid of Surtr from the Norse mythology burning down the World Tree and destroying the 9 world either, aren't you?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I think it's bull. I've heard so many people claiming the world will end this day, or that. All were lies.
BUt this is interesting, because it has a nice hype to it.

firestar319

The Marauder
Meh I doubt the world will end on December 21st. That kind of event shouldn't have a set date. On that note, at 12:01 AM on December 21st, I am going to grab a drink from my fridge, sit in my comfy chair, turn on the TV to CNN, and watch the pointless hysteria.