• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Deoxys Uber, despite the Smogon tiers?

Is Deoxys Uber?

• Yes

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Dunno, lol

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters

Meloku

Well, this subject is causing me serious problems with some friends.

Two of them managed to get defensive Deoxys in their teams (one with Recover, Double Team, Cosmic Power & Night Shade, the other with Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Recover). They say that Deoxys isn't uber due its base stats (600 total) but i'm saying they are Ubers due the movepool posibilities and the base stats distribution for each form. Obviously, they said Smogon tiers sucks and they can't be considered for organized gameplay.

So, im asking in almost every Pokemon forum i know... without considering the Smogon tiers, is Deoxys Uber or not?

xgina

Banned
deoxys-l is only the best spiker in the game and deoxys-f the best sweeper
not to mention how unpredictable deoxys-e is
yeah they should be OU

Phiphler

Ahoy, scurvies!
Attack form sweeps ruthlessly and is impossible to wall.

Defence form is only the best Tank/support in the game.

Speed form only outspeeds anything that isnt +speed with adherence scarf.

Basic definition of uber amirite?

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Deoxys has to be one of the most uber pokemon in all history, so this thread is epic fail.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
deoxys-F = One of the best sweepers out there
Deoxys-L = Best Spiker and very good wall
Dexoys-E = More unpredictable than the weather

Deoxys overall = Uber

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
Translation: Your friends fail.

Bull

Just a pokemon fan
I'd say Deoxys is an uber. At least by the standards that we have been playing several years now, an uber is not necesarily made only by its 600+ stats, but by the way they are distributed and also the different combinations in the movesets. Deoxys versatility make it a threat that is very hard to counter in overused. I wanna see many overused pokemon being able to resist the blows from Deoxys. At the end, I only think the normal Deoxys could fit in an overused tier, but the rest are too strong for them.

Bayleef

Onion?
I'd say Deoxys is an uber. At least by the standards that we have been playing several years now, an uber is not necesarily made only by its 600+ stats, but by the way they are distributed and also the different combinations in the movesets. Deoxys versatility make it a threat that is very hard to counter in overused. I wanna see many overused pokemon being able to resist the blows from Deoxys. At the end, I only think the normal Deoxys could fit in an overused tier, but the rest are too strong for them.
Normal Deoxys is too strong for OU. Deoxys-F outclasses him in ubers, but in OU he becomes an Azelf on steroids with a movepool twice as large. You may say "well, Azelf can Explode!" But does it really matter when with a Life Orb on Deoxys can 2HKO incoming Blisseys and Cresselias anyway?