• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is EV training cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.dragonite123

dragon master
I ask because, today I had a battle with my friend who does not ev train. I beat him but he accused me of cheating because I ev train. So l argued saying lts legit but he refuses to accept EV trainig

So what do you think, is it cheating or perfectly fine

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
If it was cheating they wouldn't have put it in the game. Using EVed Pokémon against someone who does not EV train is unfair, but it is not cheating.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
Haha oh wow

You're not even exploiting the game in any way, shape, or form. You're not attaching an outside device to your game. All you're doing is fighting different Pokemon than him to level up.

DestricBW

OU Trainer
All you're doing is fighting different poke'mon in the wild. EV training is not cheating. Albeit, it is unfair to fight somebody who does not EV train with EV trained poke'mon.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
no because it is built into the game and simply is a reward for hard work. IT also cant be cheating because the official site gives hints about it (e.g this person trained their pokemon in HP)

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
It is in no way cheating, it's just playing smarter.

Ossus

Overseer
Yea, EV's if anything make you part of the elite society of people who actually play the game and truly want to overcome all adversaries in the battlefield.
A pokemon master.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Let's say you get into a brick breaking contest with someone for no reason other than to prove strength. Hypothetically, let's also say that you've been working out on the bench presses and what have you. The other person on the other hand had done nothing spectacular to increase their strength. So you punch and break the bricks while the other guy punched and the only thing that broke was his hand. Would you say that the guy who actually worked out cheated because he actually did increase his strength? If so, .............I...have no response.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Wow...
EV training is a part of pokemon, and it's no cheating at all. Heck, you really can't expect to get anywhere in competitive play without EV training. Your friend's just grumpy because your team beat his.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
^ Tis true.

Ive beaten Evd teams with no special trainng.

But I see wheret the frined is coming from. He cold actually make a good argument similar to that of the use of stroids in pro sports. You can go pro without steroids, but to compete, both in looks and performance, steroids are the only option.

However, I don't argue this point because that would also be like saying training is unfair, as CyberBlastoise so eloquently stated before hand. EV Training is not a drug, it does not alter your game in any way, Its all the trainer.

EV training, is, in my small opinion, not cheating.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
It's cheating if you EV train for more than 510 points. Sore losers use the excuse of cheating to justify why they lost.

Baton Passer;13873396But I see wheret the frined is coming from. He cold actually make a good argument similar to that of the use of stroids in pro sports. You can go pro without steroids said:
The problem with that metaphor is that steroids are illegal, EV training isn't.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Power items allow you to manipulate EVs, even if you don't even know what they are. Gamefreak encourages you to EV train, from the looks of it. Pokemon at the battle tower/subway are also EV trained.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
lolno

There's absolutely nothing stopping lazy people from doing it. All you need is some in-game cash and some spare time, which you should have if you play Pokemon.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
If your friend wants to call a reward for hard work cheating he's entitled to his opinion. By the same standard I am also entitled to my opinion. Your friend is an idiot.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Biggest joke thread I've ever seen. EV training is so far away from cheating that Gamefreak even put in multiple items and pokerus to help you EV train.

No. 1 Machop Fan

It is legal. It is a normal part of training. I think your friend may just be jealous that he doesn't know how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.