• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Everything Fair Game Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryke

I'm late and everyone has figured this out already, but it seems that the Pokemon anime has been revamped with everything.

-New Cast
-New Region
-New Traits For TR
-Ash Catches 7 Pokemon

It seems like the directors have finally realized that doing that "catch only 5 Pokemon and use only them" is what made the last two regions boring and stupid. Now they are changing all of that :>

I can honestly say that I'm actually looking forward to this anime when it comes out in America.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
well ash has only caught 7 Pokes so far' and its only been 18 episodes'

i think he would get atleast 10 before he stops

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well Technically, Ash can't use his 7th Pokemon, until one is transferred, so that's not really that new, unless you mean the way it's done.

He has caught 6- pidove, oshawott, tepig, snivy, scraggy and sewaddle.

he has pikachu too, to make it 7 but he hasn't caught him!

plus he is getting sandile in bw21 (or whatever the correct number for the ducklett episode) or later.

I think it is good, but it doesn't mean I don't want ANY old pokemon in the leauge like people are suggesting.

if ash gets to the final:

top 64 3
top 32 3
top 16 3
top 8 6
top 4 6
final 6

total=27 pokemon, and if ash catches sandile aswell as he surely will he will have 8 pokemon on his team, and if each of them gets 2 battles each that is 16 battles, leaving 11 slots for old pokemon and if you ask me the pokemon that deserve it are:

1.kingler
2.muk
3.tauros
4.totodile
5.bayleef
6.quilava
7.donphan
8.corphish
9.glalie
10.torterra
11. gliscor

and if there are prelims maybe torkoal and swellow can get another chance too !

silver wing 22

Storm king
i think so the new season is better than the last two

since when?

since there was a calender released with Ash's first 5 pokemon and Sandile featured on it, implying that at some point he has his sewaddle and scraggy out on rotation at some point.

Its not hard to see that is what will happen!

sewaddle, snivy, scraggy, sandile, Sounds Scumptious.

shac

Is everything a fair game?....I think so!

- Ash actually trains his pokemon - make them learn new move to become stronger for gym battles
-Gym leaders switch pokemon to complicate things
- Ash catches more than five pokemon early

Let's just hope that Pikachu gets the respect he deserves.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Best Wishes is actually a step back from the previous seasons in terms of structure, but it does have some other things to make it interesting.

Ash's team is really repetitive this gen, excluding Zugguru

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Everyone hated BW before the 10th episode and then when we found out about the two eggs, then we stopped talking. And for the people who keep being skepticle because of the fact that Ash has to rotate his Pokemon is silly. Learning to rotate seems more realistic than just carrying around six Pokemon when you can catch more than 100. And Ash is way behind in "catching them all".

RickHoenn

Banned
I love how Best Wishes is pushing boundaries in the anime, I have never feel more in love for Pokemon since Hoenn.

I feel like I'm living the anime again after 5 year, expecting every thursday to watch the episodes.

KKInu

I love how Best Wishes is pushing boundaries in the anime, I have never feel more in love for Pokemon since Hoenn.

I feel like I'm living the anime again after 5 year, expecting every thursday to watch the episodes.

Same. While I enjoyed some aspects of DP, like how they handled the Paul arc and how Ash had two fully evolved starters and used his older pokemon in the Sinnoh league, there were also parts about it that really irritated me and I often felt like the series was just dragging.

With Black and White I find myself watching almost every episode.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Lol! Good one...

Seriously though if Ash does catch sandile in the next few episodes that will be the first time ever that has happened - eight pokemon so early on, wouldn't it be?

When did he catch Muk? Oh Ep 30. Yeah this would be the earliest he's had more than a full team an one reserve since Kanto, in the first season of a sereies.

Utopia Realm

What I would really like to see him getting a Monozu (highly unlikely but whatever) for his last poke this region. Would be kinda intersting on how he would handle it and its evos.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Learning to rotate seems more realistic than just carrying around six Pokemon when you can catch more than 100.

But are you telling me when you play the games that you do like Paul in the show and use a different team for each gym? I just catch Pokemon in the game as I go, deposit the ones I know I wont be using at the end, train up the ones I will, keep adding then just sitting on my backside levelling those ones up.

Status
Not open for further replies.