• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is evolution necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludiloco

The first post says in the anime. We're not discussing game logic here.

Anime-logic, game-logic or whatever-logic is the same in terms of evolution, pokemon change in order to improve their stats and become stronger.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Anime-logic, game-logic or whatever-logic is the same in terms of evolution, pokemon change in order to improve their stats and become stronger.

Precise numerical stats do not exist in the anime, only the games. Logic that applies to the games because of stats or any other pure game mechanic should not be applied to the anime. Or else we're all going to have to start arguing about what level Ash's Pikachu is again. :p

Honeyichigo

The manliest
ok

PIKACHU'S LEVEL IS OVER 9000 LOL I MADE A FUNNY MEME XD

No

wait

Pikachu's level is so high that it hit the internal limit, rolled over, and was reduced modulo 255.

THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Well I have a lv 76 Totodile (note I have entire shrine of Totodile toys coins cards and gear) that I used to beat the elite four so no evolution not necessary even in the games tho it would of helped a lot as I got my but whooped many times.

LizardonX

Banned
In pokemon red a pokemon can go from level 255 to 1 if it gains like 1 exp point. So that means.

END OF SINNOH PIKACHU WAS LEVEL 255.

then it gained exp from KOing TR in the last episode sending it right back down to level 1.

But unfrotunately the anime does not value evolution at all. paul seemed to be the only one immune from friendship and cute induced plot armor.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Even then, Paul was not necessarily immune since he only sent a couple of his Pokémon that steamrolled Ash's team in their first full battle against him in the second. And the only replacement Pokémon that was any good was Drapion, though Drapion was definitely good, worthy of being on Paul's A team.

LizardonX

Banned
Even then, Paul was not necessarily immune since he only sent a couple of his Pokémon that steamrolled Ash's team in their first full battle against him in the second. And the only replacement Pokémon that was any good was Drapion, though Drapion was definitely good, worthy of being on Paul's A team.

Basically good= beating ash's pokemon

Since he would have lost either way you would have judt complained they nerfed his good team.

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
Honestly, I'm neutral with this. But some of Ash's unevolved Pokemon proved to be very strong, like Bulbasaur. He refused to evolve, but with his Solarbeam Attack, he could be very strong. Even Gible with his mastered Draco Meteor and Buizel. They are major powerhouses, even Squirtle. But really, some of his Pokemon should really evolve, like Oshawott and Snivy. Based on the battles I saw, they should evolve, even Snivy since she has strong attacks.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
No, it isn't. *coughTorterracough*

Terror Of Master

Can I troll yet? 8)

No it's not. This is in Anime Spoilers it's about the anime. Game logic doesn't work here. Pikachu can beat Raichu Pignite can beat Emboar and Heatmor at the same time. Evolution proves some Pokemon to be stronger but others don't need it to get the job done and beat powerful opponents.

ludiloco

Precise numerical stats do not exist in the anime, only the games. Logic that applies to the games because of stats or any other pure game mechanic should not be applied to the anime. Or else we're all going to have to start arguing about what level Ash's Pikachu is again. :p

When I say "stats" I refer to strenght, defenses and speed in general, don't tell me that speed doesn't exist in the anime. And about Pikachu's level, we know that can't be argued, and also Pikachu is strong as he is now, but imagine how stronger could he be as a Raichu.

Well I have a lv 76 Totodile (note I have entire shrine of Totodile toys coins cards and gear) that I used to beat the elite four so no evolution not necessary even in the games tho it would of helped a lot as I got my but whooped many times.

With a Feraligatr you'd have soloed the E4 without getting your rear whooped xD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
In the end I say evolution isn't everything derp

True but in some cases, I think it would be a change maybe for the better.

If Axew evolved, maybe it would stop getting lost or kidnapped all the time.
If Oshawott evolved, maybe it would stop acting like a jackass all the time and be useful for something.
If Scraggy evolved, maybe it could become stronger and not have to worry about it learning just one move without difficulty.
If Pansaga evolved, maybe it could stop being thrown everywhere.

There is some many options and so many things to think about when it comes to evolution. So it's not like it wouldn't hurt.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes if you don't want a bunch of DEM bullshiz wins.

If Oshawott evolved, maybe it would stop acting like a jackass all the time and be useful for something.

omg caseyjia why cant i VM you your VMs are off :c

Yes if you don't want a bunch of DEM bullshiz wins.

DEM ******** wins happen to fully evolved pokemon as well you know. I don't think this has anything to do with that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
omg caseyjia why cant i VM you your VMs are off :c

DEM ******** wins happen to fully evolved pokemon as well you know. I don't think this has anything to do with that.

Yes but they mostly happen to the little guys.

look at that damn Riolu >_<

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And Pikachu, and mijumsru and snivy and scraggy and corphish and bulbasaur and cyndaquil and pretty much all of them except gible.

Hey!!!

Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil didn't have any crazy DEM wins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.