• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is evolution necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
yes, mainly because there is only so much an unevolved pokemon can do and evolutions almost always can do everything their unevolved counterparts can(only better) and more. go ahead and correct me if i am wrong.

Lucille

B...but Feraligatr is awesome :(

And now this has gotten off-topic.

In a world as vast as Pokemon of course there will be people who evolve and others who don't. However the writers dont evolve Ash's team because of marketing alone.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Basically good= beating ash's pokemon

Since he would have lost either way you would have judt complained they nerfed his good team.

Not at all. If Ash had beaten his good team, I would have said directly that they truly are strong now. It's the fact that Paul used what amounts to his B team that makes me think that Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon were not as strong as Paul's A team. I would have no problem with Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon beating Paul's A team. That would have shown their strength. The reason I still question Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon is because they didn't face Paul's A team. I wanted to see them beat them.

LizardonX

Banned
Not at all. If Ash had beaten his good team, I would have said directly that they truly are strong now. It's the fact that Paul used what amounts to his B team that makes me think that Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon were not as strong as Paul's A team. I would have no problem with Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon beating Paul's A team. That would have shown their strength. The reason I still question Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon is because they didn't face Paul's A team. I wanted to see them beat them.

it makes no difference and I can assure you had the teams be exchanged with the same outcomes no one would call the acuity team his A team.

All of them have lost in some capacity before.

Electivire- beaten by infernape in the sinnoh league
Ursaring-Twice by Chimchar
Honchcrow-Staraptor got a win in pokeringer
Weavile-Staraptor beat it.
Torterra-Ash didn't get a win but he came close with gliscor, arguably his weakest team member at the time. Also OHKod by garchomp.
Magmortar-Ehh Drapion was a worthy replacement.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/FiYNqTL.jpg[/img139]

My Typhlosion disagrees with your ignorant and pitiful statement.

Hell to the yes bro!!! Typhlosion <3!!!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well in the end evolution wouldn't matter, this region has done a good job at making kids believe unevolved pokes have a chance at the league.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Suddenly 8 year old kids are taking on the E4 with Oshawott and Scraggy.

WAY TO ADVERTISE THE GAMES ANIME

I don't see the problem if any thing it advertises that you can play your way with the team you want evolved forms or not that would want more kids to play.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Your team would suck tho js

My lv 76 Totodile disagrees with you while I might have had a lot harder time with it I had a lot more fun and felt more of an accomplishment when i beat E4 with it......Tho I was unable to beat Red with it had use my other team.

My lv 76 Totodile disagrees with you while I might have had a lot harder time with it I had a lot more fun and felt more of an accomplishment when i beat E4 with it......Tho I was unable to beat Red with it had use my other team.

I never said your team would be unusable I just said it would suck

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yes. It's necessary.

Would you please bring forth evidence to support your thesis? I'd really like to hear your reasoning.

Hey!!!

Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil didn't have any crazy DEM wins.....

Cyndaquil's victory over Jasmine's Steelix was a DEM victory, and this is coming from a huge Cyndaquil fan. I just didn't think it was realistic for it to beat Jasmine's Steelix, who was hyped to be incredibly powerful. I actually find it ironic that people don't complain about Cyndaquil's victories though. It managed to beat several Pokemon that were bigger and stronger than itself, yet unlike other Pokemon, it was never really called out for its actions. Its evolution bothered me because it happened when Cyndaquil was no longer relevant; I wish it had evolved in Johto where it was needed to justify some of its victories.

The Way

Evolution is absolutely necessary.

It's ridiculous when later in the series Ash still has first stage Pokémon like Snivy and Oshawott that he's had for a significant amount of time longer than reserves that have evolved. As well as the fact that they get an unfairly big amount of screentime compared to the reserves, so you'd expect to see the fruits of their development more than the reserves. I realise they're still in their base forms because that way they're much more marketable, but it's still highly annoying and makes no sense if you take the anime 'seriously'.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Would you please bring forth evidence to support your thesis? I'd really like to hear your reasoning.

Cyndaquil's victory over Jasmine's Steelix was a DEM victory, and this is coming from a huge Cyndaquil fan. I just didn't think it was realistic for it to beat Jasmine's Steelix, who was hyped to be incredibly powerful. I actually find it ironic that people don't complain about Cyndaquil's victories though. It managed to beat several Pokemon that were bigger and stronger than itself, yet unlike other Pokemon, it was never really called out for its actions. Its evolution bothered me because it happened when Cyndaquil was no longer relevant; I wish it had evolved in Johto where it was needed to justify some of its victories.

Oh ya Cyndaquil defeating steel types and part ice types are totally DEM -_-.

Anime=/=games

Jegus Chfist people always say it's bs because it wouldn't happen in the game but it's the anime therefore anything is possible, whether it be Pikachu taking down a Regice or a Fire type losing to a grass type.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh ya Cyndaquil defeating steel types and part ice types are totally DEM -_-.

I'm talking about how Ash's virtually untrained Cyndaquil beat Jasmine's well-trained Steelix by engulfing the latter's Sandstorm shield in flames. That is deus ex machina at its finest because it made no sense and it wasn't properly explained; we were pretty much told to just go with it. And like I said before, if some other Pokemon had been in Cyndaquil's position, they would have been bashed repeatedly. I could just see Oshawott pulling something like that out of his tush and being dragged through filth and then taken to the gallows afterwards. Heck, I see him being attacked in the Cheren thread everyday whenever someone suggests that he could beat Herdier. If we're going to let a few DEM victories slide for Cyndaquil, we should allow all of the other Pokemon's DEM victories slide, too. I just think that would be fair to everyone.

Evolution is absolutely necessary.

It's ridiculous when later in the series Ash still has first stage Pokémon like Snivy and Oshawott that he's had for a significant amount of time longer than reserves that have evolved. As well as the fact that they get an unfairly big amount of screentime compared to the reserves, so you'd expect to see the fruits of their development more than the reserves. I realise they're still in their base forms because that way they're much more marketable, but it's still highly annoying and makes no sense if you take the anime 'seriously'.

Snivy and Oshawott may get more screen-time, but very little of that time is spent on battling and training. And maybe people shouldn't take this anime so seriously; it's just a cartoon after all. Kids don't seem to care that some of Ash's Pokemon are un-evolved. Why can't we all just go with the flow and appreciate what we have instead of always focusing on what we don't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.