• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is evolution necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm talking about how Ash's virtually untrained Cyndaquil beat Jasmine's well-trained Steelix by engulfing the latter's Sandstorm shield in flames. That is deus ex machina at its finest because it made no sense and it wasn't properly explained; we were pretty much told to just go with it. And like I said before, if some other Pokemon had been in Cyndaquil's position, they would have been bashed repeatedly. I could just see Oshawott pulling something like that out of his tush and being dragged through filth and then taken to the gallows afterwards. Heck, I see him being attacked in the Cheren thread everyday whenever someone suggests that he could beat Herdier. If we're going to let a few DEM victories slide for Cyndaquil, we should allow all of the other Pokemon's DEM victories slide, too. I just think that would be fair to everyone.

Snivy and Oshawott may get more screen-time, but very little of that time is spent on battling and training. And maybe people shouldn't take this anime so seriously; it's just a cartoon after all. Kids don't seem to care that some of Ash's Pokemon are un-evolved. Why can't we all just go with the flow and appreciate what we have instead of always focusing on what we don't have?

Sorry did you miss the Skarmory training episode??

Also how the hell is the Sandstorm heat up DEM, it isn't even the only time that was used. Torkoal did the same exact thing.

You better have thought the first gym in Unova was DEM as **** then -_-.

LizardonX

Banned
Oh ya Cyndaquil defeating steel types and part ice types are totally DEM -_-.

What you are saying is that prior experience should not count for anything unless Ash is the expericned one. It's fine for him to beat a pokemon that has been training for years with a fresh pokemon and random tactics but if say a random out of the box trainer were to so much as beat Pikachu people would rage, I'd hate to see what happens if it was Charizard..

PokeMaster366

Snivy and Oshawott may get more screen-time, but very little of that time is spent on battling and training. And maybe people shouldn't take this anime so seriously; it's just a cartoon after all. Kids don't seem to care that some of Ash's Pokemon are un-evolved. Why can't we all just go with the flow and appreciate what we have instead of always focusing on what we don't have?

Because "It's a show aimed at little kids" isn't a viable excuse for bad writing anymore. We've already seen many other shows that have maintained entertaining stories, consistent plots, and deep character backgrounds/personalities without having to go beyond the PG Rating. It's no better than saying that an asthmatic can't run or Hollywood can't make a sequel superior to the prequels. Before the benefit of the doubt is given, both you and the writers are already labeling the subjects as failures and decided to give only a half-hearted effort before the work and judgement even began.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
And what wrong with that. that's what forums are for to express your complaints about something and get into a discussion/argument on what you think is right or wrong.

because constant negativity brings people down, and people with positive ideas are usually drowned out because the lack of opinion diversity makes the place seem less friendly.

On the topic of the thread, I want to see more evolutions. Fully evolved Pokemon are cool as heck, and they're physical manifestations of their growth. However, evolution is not necessary for a Pokemon to seem strong. it's all about how they perform. For example, Snivy seems to be one of Ash's strongest Pokemon, and she hasn't even evolved once yet.

Terror Of Master

Can I troll yet? 8)
And what wrong with that. that's what forums are for to express your complaints about something and get into a discussion/argument on what you think is right or wrong.

It's wrong when people complain about everything and blame the writers for everything. Forums are not for complaints but to express your opinions on things. I don't get why 80% of everything posted on here is negative. If you don't like the anime cool grow up and watch something else. There's mostly adults on here complaining about a kids show. Real mature haha

PokeMaster366

It's wrong when people complain about everything and blame the writers for everything. Forums are not for complaints but to express your opinions on things. I don't get why 80% of everything posted on here is negative. If you don't like the anime cool grow up and watch something else. There's mostly adults on here complaining about a kids show. Real mature haha

...Now that you bring it up, yeah. Good ideas/opinions do have a habit of falling into the sea of ignorance and anger here.

ludiloco

I've read a lot of posts here and none of them convince me about evolution not being necessary.

Pokemon like Oshawott or Snivy have no other way to develop their strenght than evolution, that's why they're always behind Pignite in terms of battle choices.

I know a few years ago anime stated that evolution was not necessary for pokemon to be strong (the prime example being Pikachu), but in best wishes we've seen the evolutions of Tepig, Krokorok and Riolu were important for them to overcome their opponents, so evolution is necessary in order to become stronger. Proving it wrong is just blabbering.

@Street Comedy: fire-types suck, water types master race!!! xD

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

True but sometimes if the same people(me) like to complain and argue about the same stuff over and over, I can see why he/she would think it will be silly after a while.

Terror Of Master

Can I troll yet? 8)
There is complaining and there is discussing, don't confuse them, even though yes we got a lot of people that complain(whine) around here.

The majority of users are complaining and not discussing I'm not confusing them. Lots of people putting each other down. Saying "you're wrong" and "you're blind" and "I don't know what anime you're watching then" it sounds like children at a playground

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The majority of users are complaining and not discussing I'm not confusing them. Lots of people putting each other down. Saying "you're wrong" and "you're blind" and "I don't know what anime you're watching then" it sounds like children at a playground

What if you tell a person that said person is wrong when the person is actually wrong?

Give it some time you are new in a week or so you will see the diference between whining and discussing around here, even though it has quieted down after the league.

Terror Of Master

Can I troll yet? 8)
What if you tell a person that said person is wrong when the person is actually wrong?

Give it some time you are new in a week or so you will see the diference between whining and discussing around here, even though it has quieted down after the league.

I'm new but I've been on this forum many many times as a guest since 2006. I know how it works. There are politer ways of telling someone their wrong though with out getting snarky :) I don't have a problem with some of the users on here but the ones who are biased, our down others, constantly whine, blame the writers for everything bother the hell out of me. Mostly I ignore them and don't reply to their posts

LizardonX

Banned
It's a sad day when the anger and complaints are more sincere than the forced and obligatory sounding defenses.

On topic.

It's unecessary if the writers deem you marketable. Or Ash just loves spamming eviolites

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's a sad day when the anger and complaints are more sincere than the forced and obligatory sounding defenses.

On topic.

It's unecessary if the writers deem you marketable. Or Ash just loves spamming eviolites

I believe all pokemon is and can be marketable if they are used the right ways. Just because they are small and cute doesn't mean that their evolutions can be cool and fun if they would give them a chance.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
This is...lol

No, its not "nessary." But its like by parts of the fanbase. Same thing with cute pokemon.

There are sometimes when its needed and sometimes when its not. As long as you can make it a believable win, then go right ahead. don't take the anime for the games. ._.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Evolution can give a pokemon a boost in strength, speed, etc. but it is not needed for a pokemon to be strong.

Should Ash evolve all of his weaker Pokemon?

Unless an item or trading is needed, Ash has zero control over a pokemon evolving. For example, if he wants his Boldore to evolve, he can search for someone to trade with, but if he wants his Snivy or Scraggy to evolve, he can't do anything to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.