• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Faith a Fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Speaking of religion, some of these arguments are in really bad faith.

Once again, I'm agnostic, I don't care what people say about the religion itself.

The big issue here is that one needs to separate the religion from its people, and that isn't happening.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Maybe we should close the topic before it gets out of hand?

Gnostic Christian

This is becoming problematic.

By no means do atheists have the moral high ground. In fact, there is a segment of atheism called "Internet Atheists" where atheists online think they have the moral high ground because they are aethists. There is plenty of hypocrisy there.

We also have the idea of biblical literalism, which if genes work the way they do, then God didn't tell Noah to make a ginormous zoo boat while he wipes away humanity. Some Christians don't believe in certain parts of the Bible, or think they were mere parable.

You can think whatever about the religion, but many Christians are good and logical people who lend their belief to do good things.
On the left, sure. On the right, not so much.

Atheists are statistically a cut above, just under Gnostic Christianity, while Christianity adore their genocidal hero, Yahweh/Jesus, while atheists know better. St. Hitler is not for moral people and neither is any such Christian god.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

I don't think you can make a general statement such as "faith is good" or "faith is bad"
It depends on what influence the faith has on the person, what they believe and how much control they give that faith over themselves.
Fanaticism is obviously a bad thing. Blind faith can become dangerous. But a moderate amount of faith that sees people through bad times and might even inspire them to be better people can be very good.

^ I agree with this. I've even spoken to Christian ministers who are in favour of performing joining ceremonies for same sex couples.
They go back and forth with the trend instead of letting morals guide them.

Homophobes and misogynists are mal-adjusted because they put sex and gender above love.

Gays and women are better adjusted as they put love above sex and gender.

Any religion that asks a parent to hate their gay child is a satanic anti-love religion.

Moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

Status
Not open for further replies.