• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is fanservice so much important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I actually am pretty sure they knew all along (or at least about a year in advance) Dawn was getting Togekiss because I think she's the reason Ambipom was cut in the first place.
Really? I always thought it was because Ambipom being on Dawn’s team made no sense because Buneary and especially because May had THREE normal types of her own

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Really? I always thought it was because Ambipom being on Dawn’s team made no sense because Buneary and especially because May had THREE normal types of her own
It's possible I guess, but imo your May example does more to support my point than your own -- given that they were fine with may having 3, what would be wrong with Dawn having 2? I really don't think they cut her because of Buneary -- I think it's more likely she was cut to make room for Togekiss, just as Gliscor was cut for Gible around the same time, by the same set of writers.

EDIT: Not to mention that Togekiss was also a Normal type back then, so saying that Ambipom was cut because she was a Normal type can't make much sense unless she was replaced by a non-Normal type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Fan service isn't a huge problem in this series compared to others that I've seen, yet I did feel uncomfortable in early DP when Hikari would sometimes be positioned in a way that focused on her short skirt.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
It's possible I guess, but imo your May example does more to support my point than your own -- given that they were fine with may having 3, what would be wrong with Dawn having 2? I really don't think they cut her because of Buneary -- I think it's more likely she was cut to make room for Togekiss, just as Gliscor was cut for Gible around the same time, by the same set of writers.

EDIT: Not to mention that Togekiss was also a Normal type back then, so saying that Ambipom was cut because she was a Normal type can't make much sense unless she was replaced by a non-Normal type.
Yes but don’t forget that most Normal-Flying types are mostly treated like Flying types with no reguard to them being also Normal types.

DatsRight

Exactly! How can people say SM has less fanservice than XY! Grace never appeared in a bikini :p:D

We had a female companion that was officially in love with Ash, dressed in several skimpy outfits, had a couple token bondage scenes, and just spent a lot of her screen time acting like a perpetually blushing waifu for the main character. All three main SM girls have been at least SLIGHTLY more subtle.

Yeah it is a little off putting considering she's meant to be 10 and all, but that's never stopped the anime's intent. They even admitted such.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
We had a female companion that was officially in love with Ash, dressed in several skimpy outfits, had a couple token bondage scenes, and just spent a lot of her screen time acting like a perpetually blushing waifu for the main character. All three main SM girls have been at least SLIGHTLY more subtle.

Yeah it is a little off putting considering she's meant to be 10 and all, but that's never stopped the anime's intent. They even admitted such.
Well I mean they outright claimed the PokeGirls were meant to be eye candy so food for thought

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yes but don’t forget that most Normal-Flying types are mostly treated like Flying types with no reguard to them being also Normal types.

okay but what about the first part of what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.