• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Gayness Genetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B/c under the last poll from Focus on the family athist understand the bible 10percent more then believers do

Its because its the sad truth that some members of Christianity are only in it for the social status. Its the truth that most Churches have become nothing more than social clubs on a Sunday.

Though I highly doubt you know the Bible better than I do (not meaning to be cocky in any way)

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
No I never said this. I just have my own opinion that it's a choice.

You can't hide behind the opinion card if every bit of evidence that exists directly conflicts with your opinion.

My god.. I was starting to like you. You think I keep denying reality when I'M NOT!

Yes, you are. You outright admitted it here:

... So no matter what facts, evidence, reality, and common sense exists to challenge and refute your belief, you will always believe it's a choice?

Yes, I have my opinion and a bunch of people support that. Science is never 100 percent 'correct'

I said that I think gayness is a choice. Nothing about reality..

... Really? You're making it too easy.

If you look at previos posts at the beggining of the thread, it has posts saying that scientists haven't been able to find a gene linking to homosexuality. Until one is found, I will see it as a choice.

Even if it isn't genetic, that doesn't mean it's automatically a choice. And "scientists haven't been able to find a gene linking to homosexuality" all that means is that it's not solely genetic. We kind of know that - it's generally accepted that it's part genetics, part hormones, and possibly part environmental influence.

Actually, the problem with it is that whenever someone is convicted\thought of doing this, they are thrown in jail right away. I've heard of it multiple times. 9/10 times, people are convicted even if an animal wants it. I do agree with you that not everyone knows whether or not an animal wants that or no. I also disagree with you because I believe that there are animals out there that want to do sexual things.

You're still ignoring the problem. Even assuming an animal wants it, it is impossible to prove that it does. You admitted yourself that body language can be ambiguous or open to interpretation. Maybe the dog's stretching, maybe it's "presenting" itself. You don't know for sure, and it's next to impossible to prove one way or the other. And yes, I know you should "know" when they don't want it, but some people don't know. Some people don't care. When we legalize bestiality, we risk harming the animals who don't want it - animals who can't express their opposition to whatever's happening, or who can express their opposition but are ignored by the humans. It is safer to keep it illegal, for the sake of the animals.

If not, could you explain why there have been dogs humping other dogs, humans, etc? I'm sure if they didn't want to do those kinds of things, they wouldn't.

Dogs humping things is often a sign of attempting to show dominance over whatever they're humping, especially if whatever they're humping isn't a dog.

Well I would agree if I knew what it was.

Brand of Canadian beer.

If it meant I'd get to be with someone I loved then I would.

... Wait. If you love someone of the opposite gender, you would choose to be gay? But if you love someone of the opposite gender before choosing to be gay, you were already gay. That's... kind of the definition of homosexuality!

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Its because its the sad truth that some members of Christianity are only in it for the social status. Its the truth that most Churches have become nothing more than social clubs on a Sunday.

Though I highly doubt you know the Bible better than I do (not meaning to be cocky in any way)

Actully would have fun with this. Ever heard of Voxli?

AbbieA

Mommy's Princess <3
You all need BFA's -__-

Antithesis

Yep, it's settled. You've enlightened us.

its all settled then homosexuality is by choice,not genetics?

Not entirely, choice is a factor. I believe it has to do with culture, beliefs, morals, friends and the surrounding enviroment. I cannot think of a way how the 'gay gene' can be passed on. There is no 'straight gene' so the gene cannot mutate to become a 'gay gene'.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Not entirely, choice is a factor. I believe it has to do with culture, beliefs, morals, friends and the surrounding enviroment. I cannot think of a way how the 'gay gene' can be passed on. There is no 'straight gene' so the gene cannot mutate to become a 'gay gene'.

Not so much a gene as a lot of estrogen as the baby developes. Male and female sexs are not as set in stone as we like to believe... PS are hermaphrodites gay if they think they are a women have sex with a man and find out they got (Or had) a winky?

jp123

powerful trainer

enviroment can play a factor

jp123

powerful trainer
Not so much a gene as a lot of estrogen as the baby developes. Male and female sexs are not as set in stone as we like to believe... PS are hermaphrodites gay if they think they are a women have sex with a man and find out they got (Or had) a winky?

alot of factors still play a part in this

You have a point with the estrogen factor. But would that not be a very rare occurance? (I was never good at Biology, I was always hovering around a B grade). I don't know what to think with hermaphrodites, which ever sexual organ 'works' I'm guessing thats their gender *shrugs* I've had no experiences with hermaphrodites so I can't give a honest opinion

jp123

powerful trainer
You have a point with the estrogen factor. But would that not be a very rare occurance? (I was never good at Biology, I was always hovering around a B grade). I don't know what to think with hermaphrodites, which ever sexual organ 'works' I'm guessing thats their gender *shrugs* I've had no experiences with hermaphrodites so I can't give a honest opinion

and hope you never do my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.