• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Gayness Genetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gichmal

Then why did you just utter it?

Because I'm not a Jew. Obviously.

I'm an atheist who studies holy books. I have read all three.

The most interesting (not to mention original and untouched) is the Tanakh.

The most difficult is the Quran.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Oh, after a few layers of sarcasm, I was beginning to forget you introduced yourself as athiestic.

This thread is heading for the 'lake of fire'.

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
just wait for profesco

YHWH is the tetragrammaton. It is THE MOST HOLY NAME OF GOD.

Jews are NOT allowed to say that name because it is REVERED.

And no, YHWH is not the "Hebrew translation" for "the LORD."

It is a name. Duh. Cast yourself into "the lake of fire."

There is going to be a day after I die where I'll be face to face with God. You are trying to tell me, I can't call him anything?

Also we should have a 'go with the flow' debate topic. Just debate whatever the heck comes up it can range from puppies to religion.

Antithesis

That isn't how threads work. If you want to debate about puppies, it goes in a new thread. This thread is about homosexuality being genetic or being a choice. Don't make excuses for your spamming.

Gichmal

There is going to be a day after I die where I'll be face to face with God. You are trying to tell me, I can't call him anything?

Also we should have a 'go with the flow' debate topic. Just debate whatever the heck comes up it can range from puppies to religion.

When you die, you will not be able to speak, hear, touch, taste, smell, or see anything.

Your body needs a brain for all of those functions.

When you die, blood doesn't pump oxygen to the brain and therefore those functions disappear.

You will be nothing. It's called science, take a look into it.

jp123

powerful trainer
YHWH is the tetragrammaton. It is THE MOST HOLY NAME OF GOD.

Jews are NOT allowed to say that name because it is REVERED.

And no, YHWH is not the "Hebrew translation" for "the LORD."

It is a name. Duh. Cast yourself into "the lake of fire."

psalms 83:18 reads AND I QUOTE:that people may know that you,whose name is jehovah,you alone are the most high over all the earth

When you die, you will not be able to speak, hear, touch, taste, smell, or see anything.

Your body needs a brain for all of those functions.

When you die, blood doesn't pump oxygen to the brain and therefore those functions disappear.

You will be nothing. It's called science, take a look into it.

The Bible says that when Jesus returns the dead will be resurrected and taken to heaven. They will recieve new bodies. I thought you read the Bible?

jp123

powerful trainer
Gehenna is Greek for the Valley of Hinnom. Which is a real place on Earth.

It is the place where people burned their dead. In case you didn't know already.

i already knew,and you'll burn there one day

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
could everyone please keep debating about if gayness is genetic? Thank you.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Gehenna is Greek for the Valley of Hinnom. Which is a real place on Earth.

It is the place where people burned their dead. In case you didn't know already.

Yes, and it was also filled with people who would commit hideous acts in the valley where no one would see them. The place was used as a metaphor in the Bible for how horrible hell would be.

George~©

All Gravy
IN MY OPINION Christians who dont believe in Homosexuality are Gay in denial. So shut up with the religion spam.

I want to say Homosexuality is Genetic, but I know people who used to be attracted to women, and then realised later in life that they grew to like men instead. I guess it could go one of two ways.

Wow! This thread moves fast! It's like the internet in general has a keen interest/bias when it comes to homosexuality!
Mostly because all of the urges you mentioned (minus pre-marital sex, which, I don't necessarily think is a bad thing) cause some sort of harm to another human being, while homosexuality is between two consenting people? Writing it that way makes it out to be something that needs to be controlled away, instead of something that shouldn't be discriminated against.
Well, for starters, there's the whole fact that all those by definition hurt others, emotionally and (in the case of rape and pedophilia) physically, which homosexuality does not.
Nope. Completely untrue. Pedophilia, bigamy, cheating, pre-marital sex, etc can all be consensual, even rape, or more exactly simulated rape. People do these things all the time with consent between both, or multiple partners. No difference between them and homosexuality. Unless you know something no one else does. Please share!
So you are basically saying that being homosexual is as bad as cheating, rape or even pedophilia? Could you explain that to me, please? I don't want to understand you wrong.
"as bad"? Depends on if you think those other things are "bad". I personally do think they're all bad, but I don't see how I can force my morals on anyone but myself. I suppose if you don't have a problem with the rest, there's no reason to have a problem with homosexuality personally. I can also see some people making exceptions for one or the other, say, pedophilia out, homosexuality in, that sort of thing.
So heterosexuals should control their urge to be with the opposite gender? You're saying that homosexuals should, so therefore heteros should, too.
Meh, maybe. If they think it's bad, they should probably control it. If they don't think it's bad, that's their decision. My only point is that I'm convinced that they can control it if they choose to do so, just as I can control whether or not I act on the common, natural urges to cheat on my wife.
OMG, I'm going to puke
lol I love you bro!

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
we're done with that.its by choice

No, we are not 'done with that'. You never even properly debated whether or not it was genetic or a choice. If you are done with the topic of the thread, then leave. If you post about topics other than the OP I will report you myself.

IN MY OPINION Christians who dont believe in Homosexuality are Gay in denial. So shut up with the religion spam.

I want to say Homosexuality is Genetic, but I know people who used to be attracted to women, and then realised later in life that they grew to like men instead. I guess it could go one of two ways.

Yes, of course! Someone understands! I'm so in denial! I need help, please educate me with your superior atheistic ideology and help me become tolerant!
/sarcasm

My goodness, I never realised that so many people were morons -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.