• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Gayness Genetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp123

powerful trainer
Well then you have to try harder. By saying homosexuality is a sin(even if your religion tells you so) and a choice(aka you don't have to be sinners), you already offended all homosexual users of the forum, even if that wasn't your intend.

sorry,i'll try to be more"tactful"

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Ahh, I get it. You sound like someone who follows David Icke.

...what? Just because he used the word sheeple, or do the Islamic terms he uses sound so alien to you that you think he's talking about reptilians? I didn't see how he could a David Icke follower at all...

Whats wrong with bringing religion up? People can bring their own faith (or lack therefore) up any time they want.

The trouble is the OP is asking whether homosexuality is genetic or a choice; it didn't ask whether we believed homosexuality is good or bad, or a sin or not, so that conversation is quite off topic.

Intentions don't mean ****, saying "I didn't intend to offend anyone" is an excuse to be offensive without repercussions. Own up to what you say and choose your words carefully.

Yeah but as proven earlier, one small mistake lead to a lynching mob being established with me being at the the top of the list.

Also, if this is not been made clear. I am fiercely against any sort of violence against homosexuals, or any body for that matter. Just because I'm Christian doesn't make me overly extreme

Gichmal

in the bible satan was an angel and challenged gods rule

The Bible is deprecated and bastardized. The way he challenged "the LORDS" rule was by not bowing to Adam when He told the Angels and Jinns to bow unto Adam. Jinns are created from fire which is light. Angels are created from light. Iblis (before he is known as Satan) was the only Jinn who did not bow. The angels told on him. The "LORD" asked him why, and in reply, Iblis said "I did not bow because I am better than he, for you created me (Iblis) from fire and him (Adam) from clay."

That angered the "LORD" and he said "Go away!" From that point on he was banished from Heaven and sent to Earth.

Now "Go away" you insolent person. Read something without Jacobian grammar. Read direct translations from the Hebrew bible. In case you forgot, Jesus (Yeshuah) was HEBREW.

The beginning of his (Yeshuahs) cult was after he met John (Yoḥanan).

Yohanan was a wild man who lived in the wilderness (the original transcendentalist) and he ate honey and locusts (not cheeseburgers and french fries).

That appeared closer to God (Yahweh) than Yeshuah could ever hope to be and so Yeshuah and him became best friends.

Do your homework. Satan has a name. It is Iblis. Respect him if you believe. Otherwise, cast yourself into the "lake of fire."

spareux

maldición
Really? Just sneaking in a jab at theists there? Nice one -_-

Not sneaking at all. If you're a theist who strictly follows whatever holy book you believe in without question, chances are you'll think homosexuality's a choice and a sin. The former of which is wrong on a scientific basis, as evidenced by literary hundreds of written works that people meticulously slave over to try and find an answer.

I do agree however that bringing up religion in the first place is silly, as theists won't stop believing in what they believe in until it's disproved, and then it'll have been God's idea all along.

jp123

powerful trainer
The Bible is deprecated and bastardized. The way he challenged "the LORDS" rule was by not bowing to Adam when He told the Angels and Jinns to bow unto Adam. Jinns are created from fire which is light. Angels are created from light. Iblis (before he is known as Satan) was the only Jinn who did not bow. The angels told on him. The "LORD" asked him why, and in reply, Iblis said "I did not bow because I am better than he, for you created me (Iblis) from fire and him (Adam) from clay."

That angered the "LORD" and he said "Go away!" From that point on he was banished from Heaven and sent to Earth.

Now "Go away" you insolent person. Read something without Jacobian grammar. Read direct translations from the Hebrew bible. In case you forgot, Jesus (Yeshuah) was HEBREW.

Yohanan was a wild man who lived in the wilderness (the original transcendentalist) and he ate honey and locusts (not cheeseburgers and french fries).

That appeared closer to God (Yahweh) than Yeshuah could ever hope to be and so Yeshuah and him became best friends.

Do your homework. Satan has a name. It is Iblis. Respect him if you believe. Otherwise, cast yourself into the "lake of fire."

you think gods name is "lord"?How would you like to be called lord?its a title,NOT A NAME.

Firstly, the Dead Sea Scrolls disprove the claim that the Bible was changed. Yeshuah's Cult? (I think you mean Christianity dude). God has many names, 'Lord' is perfectly acceptable. I'm sorry dude, where in the name of goodness did you come up with this?

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
you think gods name is "lord"?How would you like to be called lord?its a title,NOT A NAME.

Funny thing the name of God was Holly in the Hebrew world and was always translated into Lord. the first text said YWHW but was translated to lord out of reverence.

jp123

powerful trainer
Funny thing the name of God was Holly in the Hebrew world and was always translated into Lord. the first text said YWHW but was translated to lord out of reverence.

yahweh is the hebrew word for jehovah

Antithesis

This thread is not about religion.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Anyway what else is there to debate???

Gichmal

Gods name is Yahweh. THE NAME WHICH SHOULD NEVER BE UTTERED.

That's why it was replaced with "the LORD" in your "Bible."

Go open up your "Bible" and look for the words "the LORD."

In the Hebrew Tanakh, "the LORD" is actually "YAHWEH."

It is spelled as such Yod, He, Waw, He.

That is where the word "Jehovah" comes from.

Insolent person. You disgrace your "LORD."

jp123

powerful trainer
using god name is not used in speech or editions of the bible to make it "seem" like a sin

Gichmal

YHWH is the hebrew translation

YHWH is the tetragrammaton. It is THE MOST HOLY NAME OF GOD.

Jews are NOT allowed to say that name because it is REVERED.

And no, YHWH is not the "Hebrew translation" for "the LORD."

It is a name. Duh. Cast yourself into "the lake of fire."

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
yahweh is the hebrew word for jehovah

Actually this is completely false, the name jehovah comes from a misunderstanding of the Hebrew tradition. The name of God in Hebrew is Yahweh, but it was considered so holy that they put in the vowels for the word "Lord" in Hebrew so people would say that instead of His actual name because it was considered too sacred to say. Reading the word exactly how it was written resulted in the name jehova.

Firstly, the Dead Sea Scrolls disprove the claim that the Bible was changed. Yeshuah's Cult? (I think you mean Christianity dude). God has many names, 'Lord' is perfectly acceptable. I'm sorry dude, where in the name of goodness did you come up with this?

Judging by the mention of jinns, I'd hazard a guess and say Islam?

Edit: How did this thread become about evolution and theology?

Second Edit:
Not sneaking at all. If you're a theist who strictly follows whatever holy book you believe in without question, chances are you'll think homosexuality's a choice and a sin. The former of which is wrong on a scientific basis, as evidenced by literary hundreds of written works that people meticulously slave over to try and find an answer.

The action and the urge to act are two different things. I'm fairly certain most people here will agree that acting upon homosexual urges is a choice; the point being that most religions will fault a person not for being tempted but for giving into temptation... so yeah. I think the real question here is whether or not getting those urges is genetic or otherwise. If you'd like to provide some of those hundreds of written works I'm sure those of us who are here for an interesting discussion would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.