• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Geninja still a top tier Ash Pokemon without it's evolution?

Genaller

Silver Soul
Just curious, but does anyone consider 1 of Ash's Pokemon barring PCSSI to be superior to base Greninja, because if not then Greninja is top tier regardless of where you'd rank it with respect to those 5 making Ash's best team PCSSIG. The way I'd personally rate them is Ash-Greninja > Pikachu = Charizard > Blaze Infernape > Sceptile > Snorlax > Infernape = Greninja.

Ilikepiex7

it was PICSS in that word so it would be the word Pics but with two S's now it's harder to make a name for Ash's top mons PIGCSS looks the best I think

Genaller

Silver Soul
it was PICSS in that word so it would be the word Pics but with two S's now it's harder to make a name for Ash's top mons PIGCSS looks the best I think

Well I just thought that it'd be best to name it by capture order, but to each his/her own. Also I like the sound of PCSSIG. I read it as "PC sig"

Genaller

Silver Soul

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
TBH even with his from Greninja is very incosistent in terms of feats

That's true, but even then, its not like his lows have been that bad. Probably the weakest opponent Greninja has lost to would be Wulfric. Losing to the final gym leader isn't anything to sneeze at, and alot of that has to do with Ash's mental disposition at the time.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
That's true, but even then, its not like his lows have been that bad. Probably the weakest opponent Greninja has lost to would be Wulfric. Losing to the final gym leader isn't anything to sneeze at, and alot of that has to do with Ash's mental disposition at the time.

The confusing thins is that Wulfric didn't used the special Ice Body strategy in the rematch

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
Frogadier was a solid Tier-3. Heck, maybe even a borderline Tier-2. Tanking multiple super effective moves from Ramos, matching a Barbaracle that was soloing Pikachu, Sanpei's Greninja, and Froakie just after evolving, tanking tons of hits in Anistar, and just in general destroying everything in it's path.

Ominous Wind

It's funny. If Greninja loses his A-G powers, we could know if he is still top tier even without them. Let's just hope they won't drop this opportunity.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I very much doubt base Greninja can take Infernape or Sceptile, now that he's losing his forme we can maybe get a better idea of where he's at alone.

Still don't think he's top tier.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I guess it wouldn't be that hard for the writers to establish base Greninja as tier 1. Just a 10 second scene of him having a cut vs leaf blade clash with Ash's Sceptile or an aerial ace vs Mach punch clash with Infernape should do the trick, though I doubt the writers will give us even that.

Genaller

Silver Soul
He's surely now below Infernape and Charizard, that's for sure.

Well to be specific, once Greninja looses his form the rankings would go something like Pikachu = Charizard > Blaze Infernape > Sceptile > Snorlax > Infernape = Greninja >= Krookodile (I think the quiz stuff was more about honoring Ash's ace for each saga and not necessarily Ash's TOP 6, but given that they still bothered to put Krookodile in there likely means he's tier 1). I'm guessing Pikachu will likely become Ash's definitive strongest Pokemon by the end of the SM anime thanks to GigaVolt Havoc.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I still think Greninja is tier 1, but there isn't enough battles without IKUZE form to justify it. Maybe he will slip into tier 2, and either Krookodile or Swellow takes it's place in tier 1.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Imo, Alain's Charizard in base is about as strong if not slightly stronger than Ash's Charizard. Greninja held its own for a while against it when they were fighting in their normal forms. I think its safe to say he's on the same level as Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile while in base.