• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is God an Alien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned
A few weeks ago, I saw this documentary film at the National Geographic channel about the identity of the Greek Gods being extraterrestrials. That got me thinking: Is it possible that the God for Christiany might be an alien as well? When you think of it this way, it could make sense on certain points such as an alien spaceship parting the red sea in half when Moses was freeing his people. Could this mean we've worshipping aliens all the time, or is this just another silly theory from those unreliable channels/documentaries?

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
A few weeks ago, I saw this documentary film at the National Geographic channel about the identity of the Greek Gods being extraterrestrials. That got me thinking: Is it possible that our God might be an alien as well? When you think of it this way, it could make sense on certain points such as an alien spaceship parting the red sea in half when Moses was freeing his people. Could this mean we've worshipping aliens all the time, or is this just another silly theory from those unreliable channels/documentaries?

Does art through any medium need to have a literal interpretation?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I would call it a theory, which might need a little more elaboration. I personally wouldn't call God an alien, although he is technically an extra-terrestrial being. He definitely wouldn't be the type of alien we normally think of when we say "alien".

Also, what do you mean by "our God"? There's a whole lot more than one concept of God out there (including the concept of "no God").

A few weeks ago, I saw this documentary film at the National Geographic channel about the identity of the Greek Gods being extraterrestrials. That got me thinking: Is it possible that our God might be an alien as well? When you think of it this way, it could make sense on certain points such as an alien spaceship parting the red sea in half when Moses was freeing his people. Could this mean we've worshipping aliens all the time, or is this just another silly theory from those unreliable channels/documentaries?

What's the name of the documentary? I'm pretty sure it was Ancient Aliens and the episode Gods and Aliens?

bel9

I would call it a theory, which might need a little more elaboration. I personally wouldn't call God an alien, although he is technically an extra-terrestrial being. He definitely wouldn't be the type of alien we normally think of when we say "alien".

Also, what do you mean by "our God"? There's a whole lot more than one concept of God out there (including the concept of "no God").

He's referring to the Ancient Astronaut theories which basically say, "Mankind couldn't do anything ever. Aliens did everything for us. We worshiped them." Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is often seen on the History Channel proposing such theories. Although I have no idea why someone with a four year degree in Sports information communications is being held credible over astrophysicists.

Similarly to how the grays didn't "appear" until after their debut in Science Fiction literature, the ancient astronaut theories didn't appear until after their appearance in scifi.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
What's the name of the documentary? I'm pretty sure it was Ancient Aliens and the episode Gods and Aliens?

It's a documentary that starts out with Greek Gods being aliens before moving forward to other Gods in different cultures.

It's a documentary that starts out with Greek Gods being aliens before moving forward to other Gods in different cultures.

Well it's possible. The AA theory makes tons of sense, if you're interested you can watch the series named: Ancient Aliens

Back on topic, I wanna know the name of this documentary too.

bel9

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I think we should prove that there are actually aliens out there before we decided if God (if there even is one) is an alien.

bel9

Well can people 23,000 years ago build Machu Pichu or Stone Hendge without some kind of help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_stones

the Carnac stones was built in 3300 BC in Eleven converging rows of menhirs stretching for 1,165 by 100 metres (3,822 by 330 ft) How were we able to calculate math and do all this in the past?

You are underestimating them. We call simple machines "simple" because they are easy to build and use. However, their potential is extremely powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7q20VzwVs&feature=related

People have looked up at the sky throughout history. You'd be surprised at what people can learn while stargazing and star tracking.

Furthermore why is it so impossible to use "math?" Math is not something new that humans invented. Math and geometry have existed arguably before us. We just gave it a name.

7 tyranitars

I always found that idea extremly interesting it is a posiblity but I think we should first prove that there are even aliens, before we start theories like this

legendarypokemonmaster

How is this a debate?

bel9

DarkMarowak

Sledgehammer Messiah
It's more a theory. Like it's easy for some people to explain unexplainable things with God, they're doing the same thing but with aliens. You can believe it but it doesn't mean it's true until it's fact. I think aliens exist because I believe it's arrogant to think we're the only planet with life. I've watched a lot of those 'Ancient Alien' programs on t.v. It's interesting to watch but I wouldn't take what they say as factual at all. In my eyes, I'd say it's more plausible than any religion we have, though.

bel9

It's more a theory. Like it's easy for some people to explain unexplainable things with God, they're doing the same thing but with aliens.

Not quite. They start getting more into aliens building pyramids, monuments, cities, and giving us technological advances rather than believing humans could accomplish tasks.

They also start going through artwork of various mediums [paintings, sculptures, and literature] and try to cite it as a reference to aliens rather than believing an artist could ever use his or her imagination for inspiration.

The reason I don't support Giorgio and other ancient astronaut theorists is because of their complete disregard for human imagination, art, myth, and ingenuity.

I've watched a lot of those 'Ancient Alien' programs on t.v. It's interesting to watch but I wouldn't take what they say as factual at all.

Yeah. I definitely agree.

Especially since they are talking with Giorgio, who has a bachelor's degree in Sports Communications and not even a bachelor's in Anthropology, Archaeology, or any kind of study of ancient humans.

Last edited:

Emerald 2006

I don't think so. it's a silly notion, if you ask me.
I'm also too used to the allmighty being human.
Nothing More, and nothing less.

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
History channel is full of sh*t, all the time.

The theory is ridiculous tbh. If they were really here back then, they would've came back by now. You know, to enjoy the fruits of worship or resources or whatever the hell someone would think.

EDIT:

I always found that idea extremly interesting it is a posiblity but I think we should first prove that there are even aliens, before we start theories like this

Alien life has been discovered, and proven apparently. As I expected, though, they're not intergalactic planet destroyers or anything. Plus these are only fossils of bacteria found in an extremely rare class of meteorite called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites, so who knows whats out there.

Surprised no one has brought this up, actually. This was found out a long time ago, since I saw it on an article on Yahoo and looked a little bit into it. I thought a lot of people knew, but I wasn't really that shocked since I knew there was no way we're alone in the endless universe.

Calling God (or all other religious deities) an alien is a little bit too far, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.