• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is God Valid Anymore?

Ethan

Banned
7h15 15 50 w3 c4n h4v3 fr33 w111. Mankind created evil and if little girls couldn't be raped, we wouldn't have free will. /end********.

You completely misunderstood the argument. Re-read the argument then respond. I was pointing out what seems to be inconsistency in God's love, not whether he is loving or not. Free will is completely irrelevant to anything I said. I asked why does God take drastic action in certian situations like the crucifixion, but not in others.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
You completely misunderstood the argument. Re-read the argument then respond. I was pointing out what seems to be inconsistency in God's love, not whether he is loving or not. Free will is completely irrelevant to anything I said. I asked why does God take drastic action in certian situations like the crucifixion, but not in others.
So why do you think he does? Why do you think that God takes action in some cases but refuses to act in others. Surely he can. But why doesn't he?
Me, I can honestly say that I don't know. And the atheists will tell ask me how I can believe that such a being exists. And then I will tell them that this being is God. And that I am just a human. We, as humans, cannot undestand God. If we could fully understand God, he wouldn't really be God would he?

God works in mysterious ways?...not quite. Hypothetically speaing since I'm agsnotic:What if God gives us the work and takes no action because we are supposed to do that ourselves?

Validus

I believe we will understand the workings of God (or Gods, no reason to rule it out) one day, but humans as a species have alot to learn before we can handle something like that. I know it's said that Jesus was sent down to die for humans, but i gonna ask the question: what would he really have to fear? indeed his death was most cruely done, but that says more about how unevolved we still are. both God and jesus knew that after he died he would return to God and live in heaven forever. in my opion Jesus was sent to us as a test, and i think we failed it. So why doesn't god help "the little girl"? maybe so we will feel sickened that something like that could happen. maybe so we can learn to do something about it, and take responsibliy for what we do as a whole. If he jumped in to stop every bad thing from happening we wouldn't really learn the concecuence of our sins. It seems to me that God wants us to be his angels, but we can't be that if we don't know why sins are sins. most people understand and they will join him after they leave this earth, but sadly too many still fail to understand what it means to be "Human".

Last edited:

Jazzy

Typical

The crucifixion was a one of sacrifice to pay for people's sins for all time. It was necessary, and demanded a heavy cost.

As for why God doesn't intervene? the general argument is, "If God intervened with everything, we wouldn't have free will". If he stopped us from stealing, then he would be controlling us, something he seems to not wish to do.

I see what you're saying, but I can't really think of a better way to answer it.

LegendaryGarchomp

Just because god intervened you from stealing, dosent mean you never had a choice to begin with. So it wouldnt take away our free will.

Yes it would free will is where we have the freedom to do what we want to do so if He stopped us we wouldn't have free will.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
Yes it would free will is where we have the freedom to do what we want to do so if He stopped us we wouldn't have free will.
But the choice was made. Freedom is in your mind. Like my friend George Orwell once wrote "Freedom is the freedom to say that 2 + 2 = 4. All else shall follow.".

LegendaryGarchomp

But the choice was made. Freedom is in your mind. Like my friend George Orwell once wrote "Freedom is the freedom to say that 2 + 2 = 4. All else shall follow.".

thats like saying you have my permission to take 5000 dollars from my bank account and then preventing you from doing it. thats not free will thats lying.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
thats like saying you have my permission to take 5000 dollars from my bank account and then preventing you from doing it. thats not free will thats lying.
What are you talking about??? What my quote means is that freedom is in your mind. Im not sure what your analagy means to what I posted.

LegendaryGarchomp

What are you talking about??? What my quote means is that freedom is in your mind. Im not sure what your analagy means to what I posted.

God tells us we have free will to do what ever we want not just make up our mind that we will do it then have Him stop us. when I say it would be lying I'm saying that Him choosing whether or not we carry out our actions is not free will so if He did choose what we did or didn't do He would be lying to us about us having free will.

freedom: the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints

Source:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ACAW_enUS311US311&defl=en&q=define:freedom&ei=xDfVSbKPO6HUlQeJjqDaDA&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Just because god intervened you from stealing, dosent mean you never had a choice to begin with. So it wouldnt take away our free will.

Yes, it would. Choice without consequence is meaningless.