• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Heatran the most unlegendary legendary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
well dont forget, Manaphy hatched out of an egg and has a pre evolved form, so heatran isnt the only not really legendary. but i dont think much of it, but u raise an interesting point

HO-Oh.

Flying On A Ho-Oh~
oh gawd, heatran is horrible he is my least fav legendary he is putrid.;328;< ugliest pokemon eva

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Heatran = suck

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
When you look at Sinnoh Mythology with the Time/Space dudes and the Nightmare/Sweet Dreams duo, Heatran seems extremely out of place and very "unlegendary". It isn't acknowledged or talked about much in the games, but the fact that Team Galactic wanted it suggested that it was something special. But still, it is quite unlegendary. Poor Heatran.

NAGATO

-agrees with first post completely xD -

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
It has a friggen LEGEND around it people. When the time-space duo finished their fight, their pools or rage created Heatran, witch became Vulcan of the Pokemon world. Therefor is a legendary.

teetee99

Pokemon master
i do know the 3 ledgendary birds articuno,moltres,and zapdos are ungendered one time i caust a female moltres.:)

itachi95

shiny hunter
To me its The 3 Regis, they can be found in way more than one region and they don't have very great moves.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
i do know the 3 ledgendary birds articuno,moltres,and zapdos are ungendered one time i caust a female moltres.:)

No you didn't, seeing as the legendary birds (and indeed the majority of legendaries) are genderless.

Heatran is a legendary, plain and simple. Just because it doesn't have all the traits of previous legends doesn't make that so. It's adding some variety to legendaries.

Juka

M.c.
phione is the most unlegendary legendary
god it sucks
i mean ppl want o trade like 5 of them for a mew?
lol
heatran is aight tho ~spacial rendition~ makes a point bout the legend of it :D

xXBlastBurnXx

Goodgawd! I said Heatran was to most unlegendary, I didn't say he wasn't a legendary, cause I completly agree with him being a legendary. And no body can prove Phione is legendary. PUSA said it wasn't at first, but then changed their minds, maybe N o J counts it as a non-legendary Pokemon.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Heatran does have quite a few unlegendary aspects and characteristics about him, but I wouldn't go classifying him as the most unlegendary legendary. That title just has to go to Phione. It can hatch from an egg, it's pretty weak and is basically just a complete Manaphy-wannabe.

LegendaryRotom

Let's create a planet. Step by step. Pole to pole. Core to crust.

I am appalled at how much blasphemy poor Heaty has been forced to sustain this time around.
There have been other 'Is Heatran really a legend" threads, but this is definitly the most weighted down with hate.
I do agree that she can look a bit unappealing to the conventional eye.
But, artistically, I find her very easy to convey elegance, power, intimidation, and even affection with. Much more so than many other legendary pokemon out there.
She has very beautiful eyes~

--
I could say it a thousand times and no one dares pay attention. She has a very VERY clear myth around her.
She was a primal legendary pokemon (created around the same time when Palkia and Dialga were shaping Time and Space)
born from the disorganized core of the developing poke'earth. (I say 'core' specifically, because Heatran is Fire/Steel, which is, in essence, the makeup of a terrestrial planets core. And the core/mantle directly effects volcanic activity, which Heaty has control over.)
Now. After she was born, Heatran gained the power (through her authority over mantle-induced plate tectonics and volcanic eruptions) to sculpt the planet's surface, and set up a stage for life to begin. BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN GEOLOGICALLY AND BIOLOGICALLY GET OVER IT.

NOW THEN. Once humans came to power as the dominant species, it was difficult to advance their civilization(s) with the earth in such a volcanically violent state of affairs. All due to the power of the legendary Heatran.
Using her own element against her, the humans sealed Heatran away with the Magma Stone, thus sealing the primal fury of Earth itself. That's why, if the Magma Stone is ever disturbed, Heatran will awaken and the volcanic eruptions would begin again...
--
She and her myth are also the symbolic meanings of humans wishing to command their own environment.

Oh, and I have another idea about the gender issue.
Perhaps it's symbolic instead of biological. Given to mean Heatran embodies both the maternal and paternal tendancies of the planet.
That gives Mew her purpose, AND explains the reason Heaty has genders.

That title just has to go to Phione.
): Phione~ Has anyone here actually used Phione? He's an asset to my NU team. 'Makes an awesome Rain Dance combo with Casty.
I'm very happy with Phione being classified a legendary pokemon. 'Shows that even gods have an Achilles heel. NU LEGEND~! :)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
no, i think that Dragonite is the most "unlegendary" legendary pokemon.

Tyrant Tar

Here's some food for thought:

Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate of 30, as opposed to most Legendaries who have a catch rate of 3. Mew, Celebi, Shaymin have an even higher catch rate of 45.

no, i think that Dragonite is the most "unlegendary" legendary pokemon.
But Dragonite isn't a legendary Pokemon.

Anyway, no, Heatran is not. He's an awesome Pokemon, and great for battling. If anything, it's the "cute" legendaries that don't even seem legendary.

Jinakuus

"Ultra Guru"
Heatran has some pretty mean attacks... In battle's on-line it is a great pokemon, the legend I think is very plausible and I don't see what the hate is...

LegendOfZach

Blah blah blah
I don't see why a person would pick on Heatran. D: It may not be my favorite legendary, but I still consider it a good legendary none the less. It has the legend around it, it's controlled by the magma stone, it guards Stark Mountain... that's reason enough for it to be legendary. The fact that Ash isn't surprised by seeing it is no big deal. Ash has been zapped by Pikachu so many times by now he must have some form of mental retardation. Saying it was captured doesn't change anything either. Regi trio was caught, and they aren't man-made. Plus, like other people have been saying, every single legendary in Plat. can be re-battled if you KO them. Your point's invalid. Give Heatran the respect it deserves >:[

On another note, again like many people were saying, if anything is the least non-legendary it's Phione. The only reason it was even created was because Manaphy came from an egg, so if Manaphy couldn't lay eggs there'd me a major plot hole there. Making a weak, useless legend that would come from Manaphy's eggs because "the water's a different temperature in Sinnoh" was their way of making Manaphys rarer. Gotta love those filler legends.

well dont forget, Manaphy hatched out of an egg and has a pre evolved form

No. Manaphy did hatch out of an egg, but pre-evolved forms have to evolve into something. Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy. Phione is just a Pokémon all to itself.

EDIT: On another note, I just want to throw something in here that I've heard before. I think the only reason legendaries are "genderless" is because people don't know enough about them to tell if they're male or female. In the anime, there was a mother lugia with a baby lugia; I know that many people don't think the anime has anything to do with the game, but just saying. It would make sense to say that the only reason there aren't genders in most legends is because people never really see them, so they wouldn't be able to tell. Maybe the only reason Heatran is the first to really have a gender is because people studied it enough to tell? Purely speculation, but just thought I'd throw it all in there.

Last edited:
well dont forget, Manaphy hatched out of an egg and has a pre evolved form, so heatran isnt the only not really legendary. but i dont think much of it, but u raise an interesting point

It doesnt have a pre-evolved form...
You get Phione when you breed with a ditto.
Phione's dont evolve, so, no pre-evolved form.

Yeah, Heatrans cool. But he isnt a legandary...
well, he is, but just barely.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I would say Mewtwo is the least legendary Pokemon.
First of all, to be legebdary doesn't mean to be epically powerfu and that no one could beat.
All legendaries have great forces of natures or truly have a legend. Mewtwo doesn't.
Mewtwo was created by people and is not natural thus making it a non-legendary UBER.

Maybe the only reason Heatran is the first to really have a gender is because people studied it enough to tell? Purely speculation, but just thought I'd throw it all in there.

This could be true since there is a camera man who was going to make a documental about him in the Survival Area, and most legendaries are completely mysterious to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.