• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it even possible? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelesti

dancing queen
Okay, so my mom ordered Pokémon Crystal for me from amazon [brand new], and it came today. So... I played it, turned it off to charge my SP, and imagine my surprise when my file was gone. :l Is it possible for the internal battery to be dead even if the game was never played but around for a while? o___O;;

Noheart

The Abysswalker
It might be, judging that it's a very old game. Maybe the mechanics inside need to be ran atleast once in a while in order to save. Are you still able to save in your new game?

Caelesti

dancing queen
Yeah, I'm able to save it, but I can't continue if I turn it off. -shrug-

IIMarckus

Like any battery, cartridge batteries have a shelf life, and older batteries have a chance of draining significantly even before their first use.

Kites

Champ In The Making
Basically, you just have to get new save batteries.
Sucks.

mekky_9892

Much cooler to have the actual version in-hand though.

So, so true. I could play Crystal on an Emulator. In fact, I HAVE Crystal on an emulator but that didn't stop me buying it last week, and cracking out the old GameBoy "Color".

Yogurt

Even if you do play it on an emulator, it's more fun to play it on the real system ):

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
Even if you do play it on an emulator, it's more fun to play it on the real system ):

That it is. I occasinally download an old Rom and play but I always get bored of it due to the fact that it just doesn't feel right to play on the computer.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Yeah, I'm able to save it, but I can't continue if I turn it off. -shrug-

two weeks ago i bought myself a crystal version as well and that had the same problem, the battery is so dead that it can't even mention that he is empty, replacing the battery is very tricky so i suggest you try your best to send it back for another one.

Amazing Red

Yeah your internal battery is dead. Get another one at gamestop or ebgames or eBay and ask if the internal battery has dried out.

I’ve been hearing lots of debates from just about everyone, saying we need to go green. It’s funny, because most of the people yell and scream about going green, but they still drive in cars, and quite often trucks and SUVs, still use anti-natural products such as plastic, etc.

So what does “Going Green” really mean? Well, I’ve tried to see how you can take a company from non-green to green. The funny part is that it costs more to go green and stay green then not to go green at all.

While the citizens are going green, the country isn’t; Most of the pollutants from cars and factories still pour out into the skies every day. However, some hosts go really crazy, and they say “Our servers are powered with solar panels!” -– and that’s honest!

Well, let’s see: An average server takes from 1–3 AMPS of power. You would have to live in a climates that are mostly sunny, such as in Arizona, California or Florida, to successfully power, say, 1000 servers on solar panels. Not to mention that you need to drive a bike to work (or learn to power sail).
=========
CV Drive axle
Iveco Van Leasing

Radon

Oh, kristan, if you don't watch fox news, you may not know this, but Global Warming was proven false a few weeks ago. Somone stole some emails from the scientists that said they were hiding information.

Anyway, I didn't know that it was possible for the game cartiges to get old like that. I mean, sure in 100 years they would desigrate, but that's never happened to anyone's yet. Either way, I have a Pokemon Blue game that was part of the first batch sent to America. It still works perfectly. Unlike my Pokemon Silver, which sounds like it has some dirt inside it when I shake it. *shhk shhk*

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
Okay, so my mom ordered Pokémon Crystal for me from amazon [brand new], and it came today. So... I played it, turned it off to charge my SP, and imagine my surprise when my file was gone. :l Is it possible for the internal battery to be dead even if the game was never played but around for a while? o___O;;

yes, i have experienced this same problem, but not only with my crystal version, but with my gold and silver versions as well. however, for some reason i found out that it would let me save and turn it off and keep my save file, after i beat the first gym. but if i go too long without playing the game, it will delete the save file. really wierd.

Please dont talk to spambots that bump incredibly old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.