• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it just me or does the animie suck a little?

E

Emoeevee

(i hope ive put this in the right place, theres so many rules i hope i havent broke any already i'm new)

Well yeah back in 1998 or whatever first like series great but i am soooooooo anoyed with team rocket motto etc its basicly the same structre for every episode! I can stick cronicals cuz its not got ash in it its every one else cause ash has got a bit boring. it must be me getting old but i just dont get the animie anymore.

E

Ethereal

If it sucks so much, don't watch the anime anymore, and quit whining. :)

F

FabuVinny

It may be a similar struture, but the anime has got better since Kanto. AG is really good, expecially at the point the dub is at at the moment.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
The anime tends to waste a lot of its potential. It's nothing new, it's been happening since the Jouto region.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
FabuVinny said:
It may be a similar struture, but the anime has got better since Kanto. AG is really good, expecially at the point the dub is at at the moment.
You mean its playing catching to Kanto.

Unfortunately the anime has peaks and slumps. Right now in the dub [SPOIL]and in the Japanese version[/SPOIL] we're in a peak.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Emoeevee said:
I can stick cronicals cuz its not got ash in it its every one else cause ash has got a bit boring.
Personally, I think Chronicles is overated crap :p
Give me a "Claydoll, Big and Tall" over a "Luvdisc is a many Splendored Thing" any day.
Then again, I suppose one man's trash....~

Feity

Storm Trainer
The Big Al said:
You mean its playing catching to Kanto.

Unfortunately the anime has peaks and slumps. Right now in the dub [SPOIL]and in the Japanese version[/SPOIL] we're in a peak.
I'm not sure the spoiler tags were neccesary =p
I personally don't like the anime that much, but it actually does appear to be at a peak right now. Especially with all the *gasp* continuity that the BF is delivering (the actual arenas, not the fillers)

poke_life

Banned
Emoeevee said:
(i hope ive put this in the right place, theres so many rules i hope i havent broke any already i'm new)

Well yeah back in 1998 or whatever first like series great but i am soooooooo anoyed with team rocket motto etc its basicly the same structre for every episode! I can stick cronicals cuz its not got ash in it its every one else cause ash has got a bit boring. it must be me getting old but i just dont get the animie anymore.

Well i don't mind it and i don't see the oint in changing it, its like something that makes team rocket original

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Chronicals sucks. BADLY. Not one episode that I've seen has matched up to anything from the real series.

Ice Cold Glalie

ChaosMage said:
Chronicals sucks. BADLY. Not one episode that I've seen has matched up to anything from the real series.

That's not true when Brock gives his pokemon to Forrest, that follows onto when Brock appears in Hoenn

G

Geki

I see no flaws with the anime, but I did hate Johto. The animation was poor, tons of fillers, and crappy battles.

Meowth

Mid-Boss
I agree with you in that its gone downhill but I don't really care and neither does anyone else apparently. I watch it just to keep up with what is happening to Team Rocket, who I think have gotten progressively worse in their role in the anime. I still love 'em, but they were more likable in the first season in just about every way.

You should stop watching it if you feel strongly about it. You might save yourself from potential embarassment, if that's any reason.

Q

Quilava Krazy

The show is awsome! I love watching May [she is so hot]

Rex Kamex

Geki said:
I see no flaws with the anime, but I did hate Johto. The animation was poor, tons of fillers, and crappy battles.

The ironoic thing was that Gold and Silver gave Johto a lot of potential. (Crystal did too, but it came later so it wasn't as new as the first two games.) The Johto episodes started out pretty good, but after a while I got bored with them.

There are plot hole are flaws in the anime though. I wish that somebody would actually do something with the GS Ball instead of keep it at Kurt's. That also gave the show a lot of potential.

And even though the episodes mainly share the main plot (with Team Rocket and all), that doesn't necessarily mean they are unoriginal (though some are).

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Geki said:
The animation really isn't any different now. These days we have a select few episodes produced by the better animation directors, and thats about it. Computer colored =/= Good animation. Why people assume otherwise I'll never know.

Heracross vs. Scizor? Cyndaquil vs. Skarmory? Pikachu vs. Piloswine? Those battles were anything but crappy, and are only the tip of the iceburg.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Heracross said:
Indeed - if there was one thing Jouto had going for it, it did have some sweet battles.
Yeah but it's too bad we didn't have more of them instead of Pikachu vs. TR Mech. It's like the writers could make a decent plot but couldn't write a decent battle to save their lives. Then they finally got battles down but lost the plot abilities.