• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it just me or does the animie suck a little?

Rex Kamex

Wow, this thread is begging to be closed now. Sorry, but that's all I can say right now. If it does get closed because of this flame war, I won't be surprised. This kind of stuff always happens before a thread gets closed. And Battousai, I'm not going to say anything more than what's been said to you already.

CyberCubed said:
I'm 20 years old watching KidsWb because I'm a great fan of animation. Because I plan or hope to get a job as a writer in the animation industry.

Considering I want to be a writer for an action cartoon as my career in life, I'd say I'm in the right place.

I did not know that. That's pretty cool. What I'd want to do isn't animation, but it's based off of cartoons. Job or not though, since Pokemon is for all ages, it doesn't matter when you stop watching it. (Of course, you know that already.)

It doesn't suck, it just gets people confused of what Pokemon is really about (i.e. battling VS loving bits of data/drawings).

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Brown Bomber, in a sense that was the most astute post any game fan has made on this thread. Yes the anime has a different message from the games, but that doesn't mean it sucks. You got it down

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I agree that the flamer is an idiot, but... come on, the Pokemon anime is NOT for all ages. It is a kids' show. Not even a family show that can be enjoyed by adults as well as children - just a kids' show.

Rex Kamex

Jo-Jo said:
I agree that the flamer is an idiot, but... come on, the Pokemon anime is NOT for all ages. It is a kids' show. Not even a family show that can be enjoyed by adults as well as children - just a kids' show.

Okay, I was wrong, it is a kids show, but it's a show where adults can still watch it. I mean, they can watch anything, but it's not a show that adults can't watch.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Sounds a lot like the Harry Potter fandom to me. The books ARE written primarily for kids, but there are an insane number of adults who read them.

In fact, some Harry Potter books were released in two different covers so adults didn't have to feel embarrassed that they were buying a children's book. :p

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
There is a difference, though, in that J. K. Rowling didn't set out to write 'a children's series'. She came up with an idea she liked, and it turned out as the kind of thing that would appeal to children. Pokemon, though, was designed specifically for a young demographic.

Andromache

Cat and Snake lover
Saying something is for kids is a bit problematic, though. It sort of puts people into categories. I suppose I'm a bit old to be watching Pokemon, and yes, I agree that the anime is sometimes too shallow and idealistic, but I'm the same girl who likes Winnie the Pooh and the Flintstones. It's frustrating that the anime doesn't go into backstory much and that characters don't seem to grow or change, but there's always fanfic to explore these things if one gets desperate, and fanfics tend to have more imaginative and thematically complex plots anyway. Still, I'm with those who get tired of the repetitiveness.

I'm a fan of Harry Potter as well and while I agree that the series matures, I wouldn't say it's the deepest series I've ever read. His Dark Materials or Lord of the Rings would beat Potter for maturity as far as themes go. Potter is fun, however, because the writing style is easy and humorous, and the characters are vivid and "alive." Indeed, for character depth and variation. Potter is better than LotR or HDM.