• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it just me or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
BW was early on fast paced. It was detremined to end fast.

XY game plans were made probabl the DAY they released BW and the release date was detrmined than. I presume that the quake messed with BW's storyline and I believe they ment to follow the BW story of an interuppted league. After which Episode N and Decorola would be featured and than they would come back to the League.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I'm With you on this.. kinda.. as people know, i severally hated this saga

It didn't even feel like pokemon "team rocket turned into drones" "iris was underpowered, then overpowered" "cilan had no real goal" "ash was an idiot" and the episodes were far to fast, the writers were trying to fit 3 episodes into 1.

anyways, i'm in love with da, so yeh :p

I'm With you on this.. kinda.. as people know, i severally hated this saga

It didn't even feel like pokemon "team rocket turned into drones" "iris was underpowered, then overpowered" "cilan had no real goal" "ash was an idiot" and the episodes were far to fast, the writers were trying to fit 3 episodes into 1.

anyways, i'm in love with da, so yeh :p

Only the bolded part changed, so I don't know why you think Da is so much better than the rest of Bw when its almost exactly alike except for the TR thing obviously. Bw has been a big mess as I'm sure others will agree and since Da is part of Bw, it follows that Da is also bad story arc. I might even say its worse than the rest of Bw since at least Ash had a goal in the main Bw story arc.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Only the bolded part changed, so I don't know why you think Da is so much better than the rest of Bw when its almost exactly alike except for the TR thing obviously. Bw has been a big mess as I'm sure others will agree and since Da is part of Bw, it follows that Da is also bad story arc. I might even say its worse than the rest of Bw since at least Ash had a goal in the main Bw story arc.

Well i like da for a few simple reasons

Team rocket have returned to their old selves, some of the older music returned, and it's filled with johto like fillers "which i like"

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
One pisode that really made me evaluate this series was the latest dub one, Meowth, Colress & Team Plasma. I mean... the great team rocket and plasma storyline was supported by GETTING A SEED OUT OF PIGNITE'S NOSE!! LIKE SERIOUSLY? Ash could of spent his time working on training one of his Pokémon, improve something, possibly some kind of character development for one of the Pokémon (How about sorting Oshawott's attitude towards battling?) but no.. let's put in a completely stupid sidestory.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Yep, yet ANOTHER thread of "let's all whine and bash BW because it's not the same bland, formula-driven writing that we all think was so brilliant!"

Grow up, Pokemon fandom.

It's obviously obvious that the Earthquake REALLY affected Best Wishes as a whole. That's why i also don't except TR to be any serious in Gen VI, studio wants to keep it safe from unexpected events like this ever happening.

No, it's obvious YOU are in denial about how little it affected BW as a whole. You just want a scapegoat for why BW didn't go the way you wanted it to.

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol
I feel like the earthquake postponing the first TR vs. TP arc really ****ed up everything down the road.

They probably wanted it to to be good but they ran out of ideas and it just went downhill from there. The new island saga is just a pointless filler to stall time until XY.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yep, yet ANOTHER thread of "let's all whine and bash BW because it's not the same bland, formula-driven writing that we all think was so brilliant!"

Grow up, Pokemon fandom.

No, it's obvious YOU are in denial about how little it affected BW as a whole. You just want a scapegoat for why BW didn't go the way you wanted it to.
I'm not saying that BW is as terrible as a whole as some have made it, and the bashing gets over excessive a lot, but not all of it has to do with just being "different" from the formula. It is hard to defend the way they handled the league or handled having maybe nearly 40 episodes of filler and nothing important happening between the end of the league and the end of the saga. Or basically half of ash's team almost never seeing the light of day.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
A part of Episode N and Charizard's return, I indeed feel that nothing important is happening here. No important tournaments, no development of the main cast's teams, no true goal. Sure, the Clair episode may be relevant for Iris's development and Alexa may be the connection between Best Wishes and the XY anime, but I find it strange that they rushed through the League and Episode N... for that.

You must be confusing BW with DP, a series that DID have around 40 fillers in a row.

Are you talking about the 7th and 8th Badges' gap? Because in that gap there were only around 10 filler episodes and they were spread. DA! has way more fillers in a row than DP.

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Every bad saga always have decent and important episodes relating to either a character's pokemon or the character, BW just hasn't done this to a consistent rate that makes people consider it good or decent saga when comparing it to either AG or DP.

Take what you will from BW, N's arc and Da! They all had their important moments but sadly their fillers overpower them thus giving them over excessive attention then they need.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Every bad saga always have decent and important episodes relating to either a character's pokemon or the character, BW just hasn't done this to a consistent rate that makes people consider it good or decent saga when comparing it to either AG or DP.

Except that it DID do it at a consistent rate. It's just that it didn't do it the way fans wanted it to. They want Ash to be like in AG/DP and Iris to be exactly like May and Dawn and their Pokemon to get episodes and episodes of on-screen training in order to be "properly developed".

I feel like the earthquake postponing the first TR vs. TP arc really ****ed up everything down the road.

Did you not read anything previously said? The earthquake and postponement of those two episodes affected NOTHING. Up to Twist Mountain was planned to go exactly as it did when the earthquake happened. No arc was postponed, just the two-part CONCLUSION to an arc. People need to do the effing research instead of using this event as a scapegoat as to why BW didn't go the route they wanted it to.

They probably wanted it to to be good but they ran out of ideas and it just went downhill from there.

Ran out of ideas? I must have imagined those tournament arcs, Meowth arc, Milos Island arc, Chargestone/Black Ruins/Krokorok string of episodes, Twist Mountain two-parter, long-*** Meloetta arc culminating in Ash finally facing Giovanni, Iris' gradual development, and Episode N.

Last edited:

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Except that it DID do it at a consistent rate. It's just that it didn't do it the way fans wanted it to. They want Ash to be like in AG/DP and Iris to be exactly like May and Dawn and their Pokemon to get episodes and episodes of on-screen training in order to be "properly developed".

Well if fans get something use to something they enjoy dearly and seeing it be wiped away in the span of one episode and only progress further down one can only complain and ask why.

Ash was clearly handled well in both AG/DP when comparing to the current saga. Seeing him mature and helping May and Dawn at first showed us his learned a few things in his journey. For that to be wiped away and written like it never happened can get irritating and thus the hate for BW only increases.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Yeah that's the gap I am talking about. It probably had around 10 non-fillers though, not the other way around.

The only true fillers it had were:

- Ampharos (DP130)
- Tangrowth (DP134)
- Pokémon Hustle (DP135)
- Piplup, Elekid and Marill (DP137)
- Togepi (DP142)
- Windworks (DP144)
- Murkrow and Dark Stone (DP148)
- Pikachu and Piplup "love" (DP149)
- Magnezone and Metagross (DP158)
- Ditto (DP173)
- Meowth and Glameow (DP178)

And a lot of stuff happened in-between, like the GF, the Team Galactic finale, various evolutions, Ash and Paul's first full battle, Brandon vs. Paul, Bertha, Shaymin and Heatran, Gible and Togekiss, Lyra tagging along... I'd hardly call those episodes fillers. You may dislike them, but that doesn't make them fillers.

What did DA! accomplish of any relevance, a part Ash and Iris breaking up and Oak getting a Rotom?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Best Wishes was poorly received because it tried to be Kanto 2.0 and failed. The writers should know better then try to copy Takeshi Shudo because it didn't work.

Iris and Trip are the least popular female lead and main rival in the series too, so they didn't do well with characters either. Arguably the only reason Cilan was popular was because he came directly after how stale Brock was in DP.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
LOL at Cyber stating his opinion as if it were fact again. His opinion that is mostly formed from the opinions of others rather than his own feelings, at that.

Ash was clearly handled well in both AG/DP when comparing to the current saga. Seeing him mature and helping May and Dawn at first showed us his learned a few things in his journey. For that to be wiped away and written like it never happened can get irritating and thus the hate for BW only increases.

Maybe more people should realize that this means the anime is written for kids, specifically new audiences of kids, and isn't trying to please continuity-junkie teens and adults?

They reset Ash because they don't expect most of the people who watched AG and DP to still be watching the anime.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
LOL at Cyber stating his opinion as if it were fact again. His opinion that is mostly formed from the opinions of others rather than his own feelings, at that.

Well its easy to judge such a thing just by looking around the fandom. Its obvious Cilan was the most popular BW character, and that none of the others really became as popular as he did.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Maybe more people should realize that this means the anime is written for kids, specifically new audiences of kids, and isn't trying to please continuity-junkie teens and adults?

They reset Ash because they don't expect most of the people who watched AG and DP to still be watching the anime.
Why would they not expect that? I could see them not expecting like people that only watched OS and nothing after, but the odds are that people that watched through dp would still keep watching BW.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Oh Cyber, there he goes again.

Sadly that isn't the case, there will always be people out there watching the show and making notes as if they are preparing themselves for a school paper. But sometimes kid shows like Pokemon can attract more audiences than children themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.