• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it just me who doesn't hate the fillers of Johto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I started watching the anime again after about ten years or so (I lost Kids WB around 2002 or so), and I actually enjoyed the Johto episodes so far. Not sure what I see in them that others don't seem to, but I enjoy the fillers.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I haven't watched Johto for quite a while and so can't say anything, but I've seen other people defending Johto before. Besides, it's a big fandom- I'm sure there's someone else out there somewhere who shares your opinions.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I love Johto.

That said the general population doesn't like Johto for a number of reasons. Extremely poor writing, pacing, episode structure, and Team Management among the top offenders. The opening is pretty strong, and so is the Whirl Islands Arch, but sometime in between there's this feeling that Ash is drifting from place to place without any destination in mind. Granted, that was the type of structure I wanted for this Anime we have to remember that Ash is supposed to be training towards the League and he just plain didn't do much of that in the end. As a result we got one of the most interesting groups of weak Pokemon Ash has ever trained. The League seemed to handle it that way too with Ash largely relying on his Reserves to win his battles, especially Charizard.

... anyhow ...

Like any other Region there were good and bad Fillers. We had Fillers like Little Big Horn, For Crying Out Loud, and Forest Grumps that are completely watchable. Then we have episodes where Ash and Co. stand around and do the bare minimal while the Character of the Day solves their own problem. That actually happened. More then once.

LizardonX

Banned
No, there's also this guy called pokemon fan 132 who will slam you with a wall of text for hating on anything johto.

Some of those were decent, it was just that there was too many.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Lucky for me I don't fit that category

I can see there was lots of filler, but I was still entertained, though.

Blessed

I LOVE Johto. The fillers are really great and memorable. Only episode I didn't like was LOL "The Whistle Stop" Anyways I enjoy the fillers but not AG fillers, those are boring.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I LOVE Johto. The fillers are really great and memorable. Only episode I didn't like was LOL "The Whistle Stop" Anyways I enjoy the fillers but not AG fillers, those are boring.

You didn't even watch much of the show past Johto, so why are you commenting on series you've seen nothing of?

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan

Wasn't that the one with the swarm of Ledyba? Not one of my favorites either, though it had its moments.

As for AG, I'm not at that point yet, so I don't know how bad or good the fillers (or the saga in general) are.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Hey, I enjoyed them. Few of the fillers made me laugh =]

Bluelatios*

I enjoyed Johto a lot! The way I see it, I feel that many who complain do so because Johto was simply the first "long" series; people weren't used to it's casual pace. Many still aren't. But that doesn't make it bad. I think its great to showcase some everyday heroism. And if it's just not your cup of tea, that's totally fine. But from my experience personally, too many people disregard fillers instead of enjoying them for the simple entertainment they are.

I've seen all OS, AG, DP and Chronicles episode, and a few BW ones, and I like the OS fillers, including Johto, while the AG ones seem less entertaining to me, and the DP and BW ones bore me. It's probably because I care more about the OS characters (Misty is there, and in OS, I still liked Brock, who went downhill for me in AG and DP, and I already stopped caring about Ash), but also because everything is less game-like. And I just like the Gen I and II Pokemon a lot. I can't really give one clear explanation, but I think the Johto fillers are fine, and better than the AG, DP and BW fillers.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I never disliked Johto myself. I hated more of the DP fillers over the Johto fillers tbh.

Probably not, by looking at the thread. But I watched Johto and found it boring~

As for AG, I'm not at that point yet, so I don't know how bad or good the fillers (or the saga in general) are.

Neither is the person you're replying to~~~

ArmadaUGS

Johto is pretty good. I like Kanto much more but Organe Islands/Johto is good too. Hoenn is much worse and I don't even wanna know how much worse the rest is (but I will watch everything).

LizardonX

Banned
Johto is pretty good. I like Kanto much more but Organe Islands/Johto is good too. Hoenn is much worse and I don't even wanna know how much worse the rest is (but I will watch everything).

Considering how obviously biased you are towards misty I really doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.