• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it normal for Game Freak to favor Kanto and gen 1 Pokémon? After all they'd have a soft spot for the original region and Pokémon they created.

WaterTypeStarter

Especially given how uncertain the success of the original games were. How they went through lots of pain making them. And I think even once almost got the game accidentally deleted. So they'd naturally favor them the most considering all they went through even if some newer generations of fans did not grow up with Gen 1. Should fans then be less harsh on Game Freak for favoring gen 1 and Kanto?

TwilightBlade

I don't care if Gamefreak have a soft spot for generation 1, that doesn't mean that we should excuse their bias and accept their never-ending Kanto lovefest.

I'm a huge generation 1 fan too deep down, but heck even then I still want to see Johto and Hoenn get more love because at this point Kanto's been shoved down our throats for way too long.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm all for Kanto nostalgia in small doses, but I think that Game Freak/Nintendo have gotten away with it for far too long. It makes sense to pander to Gen I nostalgia during milestone years like the franchise's 20th anniversary and the 25 anniversary this year, but unfortunately they don't know how to do that in moderation since they give us Kanto nostalgia products every year regardless of the occasion.