1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Is it normal to not be interested in your family?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Missingno.Fan, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

It seems like the older I get, the less I care about my family. There is no bad blood between us, and I would never say I hate them, but it’s more like I just feel nothing. I especially feel this way towards my mom’s side of the family. I never have any desire to talk to any of these people. I know one issue I have is that all of my cousins are married and/or have kids, where I’m single, childless, and living with my parents. It makes me feel like I don’t fit in with any of them. Does anybody else feel this way?

2. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Well that explains it. You have a different life situation than your relatives so you have less in common with them. Also I think that people normally grow apart as they get older anyways.

3. Darato

Darato (o,..,o)

I grew up with my mom's side of the family, but a lot of them are super religious (Mormon) I scared the shit out of my aunt a few months ago by having a pink phone case and being male; so don't really spend any time with any of them.

Spend time with some of the cousins on my dad's side who I saw once or twice a year when I was younger.

Things change as people get older

L.F.D.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Ubermuk likes this.
  4. Zero1999

Zero1999 Well-Known Member

Kind of in the same boat with you, i don't hate my family but, ever since i was like 14 years old, i just wanted stay away from them, in some ways, i felt unconfortable for no reason and even to this day, i don't really like to talk to them much, i just wanted to do my stuff and be alone most of the time.

I thought that perhaps, as the years went by, maybe it was a normal behavior for a teenager, but now as an adult, this feeling never went away.

Missingno.Fan and Leonhart like this.