• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is It Odd That Adults Play Pokemon?

Is It Odd That Adults Play Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 92.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thekorean

Not really. Pokemon the Video Game is really for everyone. Now if they were enjoying the cartoon I would find somewhat odd. But wouldnt be offended. its their right.

Aquanova

No. Its your life if you want to play, play. There are worse things you can do with your free time.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
It's freakin bizarre!!! Imo..
Anywho, what do you think? Is it weird that adults play pokemon? I've always thought since adults have "lifes", they wouldn't... Adults may have children to take care of, jobs to do, and just life in general. I know I'm going to stop playing pokemon when I get out of high school. Yes, no, maybe so? You decide!!! :D

I'm a teenager, I have a pretty busy life.... and I still play. And I plan to continue playing in college (I've toured schools that have Pokemon clubs o_O). It's a strategy game, something that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. What difference does it make if you spend your time playing Pokemon, CoD, Mass Effect, or whatever the heck else you play (or all of them haha)?

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I'm 37. Pokemon didn't even exist when I was a teenager. I don't think it's odd that adults play.

shinystriker

I Like Em Shiny
When i was at target on the release date for BW plenty adults were there. At least half of the people there were adults.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Sure, as long as they don't waste all their time playing like I do. I'm a teenager, but it doesn't exactly make you cool.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
It's about as 'odd' as a 7-year-old playing a bloody match of Call of Duty. Kids play adult-oriented games just as adults play kid-oriented games. I'm 23, work a full-time job, have a full-time girlfriend, follow a rigorous workout routine on a daily basis, and will be receiving my Bachelors degree this Saturday.

Pokémon is a hobby that I have had since it originally came stateside those many years ago and I have no intention of letting it go any time soon.

dragonite8

Comeback Kip
i think it is kindof odd but i also agree that they do. Marriland was one of the first to teach me how to acctually play pokemon other than my sister who was cussing at her silver trying to catch that ho-oh at the end who also taught me. but overall, ive always been kinda like "huh?" when adults play pokemon, but i support it, if that makes sence

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I see how many adults like Pokemon, and I'm 12:
Pokemon is a Strategy Role Playing Game, which you don't find many good ones of, and Pokemon is rated one of the best games series around(It isn't as cool or fun as Kingdom Hearts, though. :) ). Many adults like to stimulate their brains for fun, and when it comes to competitive game-play, a LOT of strategy can be involved.

Rachael

It's freakin bizarre!!! Imo..
Anywho, what do you think? Is it weird that adults play pokemon? I've always thought since adults have "lifes", they wouldn't... Adults may have children to take care of, jobs to do, and just life in general. I know I'm going to stop playing pokemon when I get out of high school. Yes, no, maybe so? You decide!!! :D

How old are you, kiddo?

It's not weird at all. There's no law anywhere that says "This is for kids" and "This is for adults." Adults have hobbies, too, and for some people Pokemon is a hobby.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
I'm 20 and I've been playing Pokémon since 1998. I enjoy it, and I'm not hurting anyone, so why should it matter? It's not like I'm doing something dangerous like drugs or alcohol

And just because Pokémon is kid friendly doesn't mean it's aimed squarely at kids. There is some stuff in Pokémon that adults can appreciate too, if they look hard enough.
I mean, even in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, there were some dark moments in the game, like Team Rocket killing Cubone's mother

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
I'm 20 and I've been playing Pokémon since 1998. I enjoy it, and I'm not hurting anyone, so why should it matter? It's not like I'm doing something dangerous like drugs or alcohol

And just because Pokémon is kid friendly doesn't mean it's aimed squarely at kids. There is some stuff in Pokémon that adults can appreciate too, if they look hard enough.
I mean, even in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, there were some dark moments in the game, like Team Rocket killing Cubone's mother
or sellin' slowpoke tails

Lazorchu!!

Hellooooo~
Personally, I think the more players of a of a game there are, the better the games get. I'm 13 and my older sister is 18 and she bought both games, while I only have Black. And I get made fun of for playing the games, but do you really think I care. I've been playing the games for about... 6-7 years, andn I was stuck with Emerald for 4 years, as I didn't buy a DS till the DSi came out and my dad had gotten me Platinum for Christmas. So no, an adult playing Pokemon is acceptable, as Pokemon has some stuff that appeals to college students. Actually, the biggest targets for Pokemon are elementary school kids and college students. 90% of this site is inhabited by them.