• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it really necessary to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchog

Lv. 50
To post those japanese event's on the frontpage? Is it really necessary? Like who cares, Half of them come to us, if lucky.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Yeah sure, but you don't live in japan do you? So why do you need to know...
If you own japanese games you can still obtain the Wi-Fi events

Would you rather Serebii to be LESS consistent with reporting? We already have enough biased media

Laurelai

Yeah- because everybody lives in the U.S......
o.0

*~Silver*~

o.0

This is pretty much exactly what went through my head when I saw this thread. Not everyone lives in the US and I'm sure, since almost all site can be viewed internationally, that someone from Japan could very easily find this site and change the browser setting so that it's viewed in Japanese. Besides, even people who live in the US can obtain the Japanese versions of the games, and they can participate in those events because of it.

Watchog

Lv. 50
This is pretty much exactly what went through my head when I saw this thread. Not everyone lives in the US and I'm sure, since almost all site can be viewed internationally, that someone from Japan could very easily find this site and change the browser setting so that it's viewed in Japanese. Besides, even people who live in the US can obtain the Japanese versions of the games, and they can participate in those events because of it.
Do you know the odds?
o.0
Yes, Including yourself *Florida* o.0

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
To post those japanese event's on the frontpage? Is it really necessary? Like who cares, Half of them come to us, if lucky.

There are other countries in the world than America, you know... >__>

*~Silver*~

Do you know the odds?

- You're clearly overestimating the number of unofficial Pokemon news sites.
- You're underestimating how likely it is for someone in the US to get a Japanese version of the game. Let me enlighten you on this. It's EASY! You just get online and order it! Simple as that. A lot of people like to have the Japanese versions of the games so that they can see what kind of things were cut when it was shipped to the US and a lot of people order them to do so.

Laurelai

Do you know the odds?
Yes, Including yourself *Florida* o.0

Yeah I live in Florida- and I am still somehow able to manage the thought that there are people who live elsewhere. Crazy!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Well, Joe post news on most events give outs. Plus where he got that info is often is official sources. Usually the same ones that you get unreleased game info from.

There are people who have access to Japanese Games, but Japanese is not their first language, they will be glad for news like this. I know that several of the staff have Japanese games in their collections. Several of them even have Japanese 3DS, since the 3DS is "region" locked.

We're not the only site to do stuff like this: filb.de is a well known German site that does a lot of news. Actually I think they do more than we do, but then I failed 1st year German.

We've been doing this for several years, and now Pokémon X & Y is going to get a world wide release at almost the exact same time, because of us fans. Some of it, is because site like Serebii.net and filb.de usually gets the info out and translated with in hours of the release of the info. Have you compared the official sites to what we have? We often have a large amount of their info posted on here in hours, if we don't have it already. Plus would you want to wait for news about new Mewtwo frome, or have it now.

Seriously, for the the BW2 Promo video, I saw an English subtitled version of it with in hours of it leaking. (Actually, I was one of the few people subtitling it: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh...443ea09513fe/1c58f87634e0e2667a82877cb8bc64bd The text entered when I made that screen shot was "jokes lines" intended for timing purposes as I didn't have a accurate translation.)

Shutting - If you really have an issue with Serebii on his site. You should look at this section: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Serebii-net-Discussion or PM Serebii directly.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Plus, Japanese events can have pokemon that have special moves/abilities and battlers who don't have the game/don't do wifi/don't have a Japanese game can still use this information to make new sets and make new ideas for pokemon sets. It isn't necessary, but neither are other things on the site, like the POTW, but it add to the site making it better. What if someone wanted to see if something was hacked and it was a Japanese event only and it wasn't put on here?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How ironic, you posted a thread asking whether it is necessary to know Japanese events or not.........without thinking whether the thread itself is necessary or not.

Very sure one of the threads in Serebii.net Discussion would fit the question ;)

Also, you're really underestimating the number of people who has access to Japanese events.

Many people bought the Japanese game just to see various things before anyone else, or to make it easier to get Pokemon for MM-ing. People who make guides also usually use the Japanese game, so that they'll already have a guide up by the time the English version of the game becomes available.

and......Nutter forgot to shut the thread down, so I'll do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.